This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Its not about manufacture when claiming warranty. Its about stealerships who makes false excuses and try to shift blame on owner.
      Yes that does happen in Pakistan

I'm planning to get it even on Oriel for upto 4 years mainly because of CVT. Last CVT Vario they gave in City did have issues. 3rd is for 9k and 4th for 15k so better to get fourth as well
      yes I remember the vario issues. Family told me when I was overseas that they sold it due to cvt issues, when in fact it was written off. Given how common it was it was believable.

Can you get the warranty after, as you already have the car? And im going to assume this is direct honda atlas warranty? (overseas extra warranty meant after market warranties which wasnt the same as factory warranty, thus coverage wasnt the same)

Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post
      yes I remember the vario issues. Family told me when I was overseas that they sold it due to cvt issues, when in fact it was written off. Given how common it was it was believable.

Can you get the warranty after, as you already have the car? And im going to assume this is direct honda atlas warranty? (overseas extra warranty meant after market warranties which wasnt the same as factory warranty, thus coverage wasnt the same)
      Yes extended warranty can be bought later within first year or before it crosses 10,000 kms

Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post

My Vario also had to be written off purely due to transmission issue. It had started slipping the transitions. And at that time in 2007 it was for 175000

Yes extended warranty can be bought later within first year or before it crosses 10,000 kms
      ok, good to know.

The source which informed me about the prices told me that Honda is well aware of the quality issues, Honda Japan got involved and a qc team was sent, a number of people got fired, the instructions were not being followed to save time and that resulted in horrible quality, there have been recalls of new cars with complaints of noises under the dash and other things. I was advised to wait at least till Feb 2017 to get the car.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
      Lost in /dev/null

I got a whole CVT transmission changed from Honda, an ignition switch replacement including door & boot locks from Toyota and many many other small things under warranty.

Companies do accommodate clients, but dealers will always try to cut corners. Suzuki is worst among all, they are out of this planet.

I think FAW is best when it comes to warranty claims & services.

I bought a FAW XPV for business use when it was freshly launched & almost 200 pieces were imported from china initially, AC stopped working after first week of use, FAW replaced the whole outer unit including compressor, condenser & pipes with some other brand, DENSO may be, they said that standard AC system was not designed for Pakistani heat.

By the end of the last year they replaced all those part which they redesigned for Pakistani environment when they start assembling XPV in Pakistan. They even did the free paint job where ever they found any rust, in or out. They gave me so many favors i can't even recall all.

225 Post(s)

I'm planning to get it even on Oriel for upto 4 years mainly because of CVT. Last CVT Vario they gave in City did have issues. 3rd is for 9k and 4th for 15k so better to get fourth as well
      ppl were to blame. They never read manual and didn't even knew how cvts were different. never changing transmission oil and if changing then using any oil. I remember some ppl saying is ka clutch farigh hai

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

This can be a very rare case of transmission failure, because there is no recall on CVT at this time.

Do engine and transmission come individually and coupled at assembly or its complete one unit and then installed? any experts ?

CVT for Turbo
      I have visited Atless assembly line couple of times, engine & transmission comes in parts & they assemble it here bit by bit, because taxes & duties are less on parts than if you import the whole thing together.

This can be a very rare case of transmission failure, because there is no recall on CVT at this time.

Do engine and transmission come individually and coupled at assembly or its complete one unit and then installed? any experts ?

CVT for Turbo

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - YNY0brp

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 2016 Honda Civic 148 990x660

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 2016 Honda Civic 147 990x605

Any new car can have such a failure, but unheard of any such failure in other PKDM before. May be Atlas messed up something during assembly in this case.

Thanks for the update.. we need to make and keep on making this noise and spread it.. more heads should roll.

We should appreciate Pakwheels for this bringing awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by baqai View Post
      The source which informed me about the prices told me that Honda is well aware of the quality issues, Honda Japan got involved and a qc team was sent, a number of people got fired, the instructions were not being followed to save time and that resulted in horrible quality, there have been recalls of new cars with complaints of noises under the dash and other things. I was advised to wait at least till Feb 2017 to get the car.

Kisi waja sai mai rooka howa hoo. In 2017 this car will show its true potential.

Quote Originally Posted by danish.sohail View Post
      Thankyou Sialkot falcon waiting period is 2 months for oriel and 3 for turbo. I booked oriel. Now I have to decide its colour.

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app
      Are u sure its 2 months? How would you know if its actually 2 months and not a cheap stunt by the dealership to attract customers?

Kisi waja sai mai rooka howa hoo. In 2017 this car will show its true potential.

The issues which were told to me were horrible, negligence at highest order, from not tying cable ties to not using torque wrenches for nuts. It's better to wait.

Lost in /dev/null

Any new car can have such a failure, but unheard of any such failure in other PKDM before. May be Atlas messed up something during assembly in this case.
      Everything isn't supposed to be negative. The transmission failure itself is impossible to be the fault of Atlas. The transmission is an imported component as a whole and has nothing to do with Atlas.

It isn't necessary to create a negative against Atlas out of everything including something that might not even be their fault and make a mountain out of a mole hill. Yes I mentioned a failed transmission which is a bad thing but kindly be realistic with your criticism. I mentioned a realistic bad thing that happened. Being all complaining and unrealistic isn't an Atlas QC issue, isn't something that needs a voice and such things happen even in places like US. Have you heard an S400 engine failing? Check with Shahnawaz tomorrow for a White S400 Hybrid 2015 that had to be replaced with a new engine after 1800kms on the odo in Lahore and you'll get the picture of how such things can happen. And this is exactly why there are warranties.

Like @fazalwahab11375 has said its most probably a rare case. If with time its a frequent issue, then that's a different case.

Everything isn't supposed to be negative. The transmission failure itself is impossible to be the fault of Atlas. The transmission is an imported component as a whole and has nothing to do with Atlas.

It isn't necessary to create a negative against Atlas out of everything including something that might not even be their fault and make a mountain out of a mole hill. Yes I mentioned a failed transmission which is a bad thing but kindly be realistic with your criticism. I mentioned a realistic bad thing that happened. Being all complaining and unrealistic isn't an Atlas QC issue, isn't something that needs a voice and such things happen even in places like US. Have you heard an S400 engine failing? Check with Shahnawaz tomorrow for a White S400 Hybrid 2015 that had to be replaced with a new engine after 1800kms on the odo in Lahore and you'll get the picture of how such things can happen. And this is exactly why there are warranties.

Like @fazalwahab11375 has said its most probably a rare case. If with time its a frequent issue, then that's a different case.

I am sorry if I committed any blasphemy against Atlas. LoL. Where is negativity in my comment. Kindly read it again.

The issues which were told to me were horrible, negligence at highest order, from not tying cable ties to not using torque wrenches for nuts. It's better to wait.

@arkhitekt. What's your take on @baqai 's post

I am sorry if I committed any blasphemy against Atlas. LoL. Where is negativity in my comment. Kindly read it again.
      I can't find any negativity there.
      This thread is full of biased comments 😆

Even if you change just the speakers (by just the speakers i mean no amp no new wiring only replacement) the electrical warranty is void.

They logic behind this they gave is: supposs an after market speaker has internal shortage which can result in some electrical shortage of the car wiring that will put the speaker at fault.

So leave alone the fact you can alter the wiring of entertainment system even if its grip to grip but still the camera wire will be new addition to the car. And also apply the same internal shortage of the device formula.

Its far better to spend another 30k on the original navi and lets assume the aftermarket navi and all electrical systems work fine and no warranty claim is ever required, your car will be always tagged as نان جینیوین سسٹم والی گاڑی
      But the original nav they are giving sucks. People are mentioning several different problems here. Plus after market one looks better and they would definitely perform better according to spec sheet.
      I booked one today without nav coz I was thinking to add it after a year or so as by then there will be more options to opt from. Otherwise you can always go for Honda dealership to add it. I think your warranty won't void if you get it installed from dealership.

!!!!! Corolla is Not A ROLLA its a Pleasure !!!!!

CoRoLLa RoCkS

Great. I would get it as well. Though I had a vario 2005. I sold it 2 3 months ago. It started to give problem 2 years ago specially the reverse which won't engage and if you have to pump the car on ramp it would sometimes not respond. I changed it but no use. I end up selling it for 6 lakh. But that was and nice car. I didn't know it had cvt. I hope adding navigation after 3 4 months won't void the electoral warranty coz I have booked it already and I couldn't cross 25 lakh so I didn't opt for nav.

!!!!! Corolla is Not A ROLLA its a Pleasure !!!!!

CoRoLLa RoCkS