This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Getting my turbo on 8th oct excited. Had one question as the fuel given in new vehicle is very limited and the near most pump doesnt have high octane. Would it will be adviseable to use normal fuel for initial refil?
      Any other advises while taking deliver?
      Anyone can tell the registration cost for turbo lahore.

41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bilalsaeed909 View Post
      Getting my turbo on 8th oct excited. Had one question as the fuel given in new vehicle is very limited and the near most pump doesnt have high octane. Would it will be adviseable to use normal fuel for initial refil?
      Any other advises while taking deliver?
      Anyone can tell the registration cost for turbo lahore.
      Take a can of Hi Octane with you :-)

Sent from my KIW-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
      life is but wheels!

150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AK471 View Post
      A detailed review will follow, as soon as I get the mods done up... Hopefully in the weekend.... Some nice new items appearing... Gotta check them out personally...

But honestly.... My preliminary impressions on the 1.5T @650kms on the ODO :

" I want 1 more" 😚

Exquisite handling and braking...

Perfect road grip and BUTTER SMOOTH ride..

Averts MOST speed breakers even with 4 in the cabin.... 👍 👍 👍

Comfortable enough seating with a perfect lower back support... 👍 👍 👍

Spacious interior with lovely ambiance...

And don't ask me to comment on the Turbo factor.... The torque is just outta the world for a family sedan... 👍 👍 👍

Mixed drive giving around 14 km/ltr so far.. 👍

Sent from my SM-J710F using PW Forums mobile app
      Salam and congrats on the ride, Allah Naseeb Farmaye, Ameen.
      Just one small query, how in normal drive are you getting way more mileage than even manufacturers claimed as it's official figures state 11.7 kmpl in city drive ?
      Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

cmh

There is no high octane requirement for Turbo as per my discussion with Honda Avenue. Even there will be no warranty issues. I have also booked 1.5.

Personally speaking I like Toyota Grande CVT more as compared to 1.8 Oriel due to available options and practicality. Even no rain sensors in Turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by drzac View Post
      Salam and congrats on the ride, Allah Naseeb Farmaye, Ameen.
      Just one small query, how in normal drive are you getting way more mileage than even manufacturers claimed as it's official figures state 11.7 kmpl in city drive ?
      Thank you...!

Well.... I can post you a photo where mileage right now is showing 13.8

Basically....lots of Motorway journey involved too, as I travel around 40kms to Islamabad on Motorway, before the city drive kicks in.... Hence... As I stated.. MiXED drive...

" Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

150 Post(s)

Thank you...!

Well.... I can post you a photo where mileage right now is showing 13.8

Basically....lots of Motorway journey involved too, as I travel around 40kms to Islamabad on Motorway, before the city drive kicks in.... Hence... As I stated.. MiXED drive...

Jazak Allah for clarification brother. That's what I thought too as in city almost impossible to achieve over 11 kmpl over a tank
      Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

That fuel comment need to be told to Honda Atlas becuase their user manual clearly says something diffrent. We discussed million times here extensively.. you definitely need Min 91.

Quote Originally Posted by cmh View Post
      There is no high octane requirement for Turbo as per my discussion with Honda Avenue. Even there will be no warranty issues. I have also booked 1.5.

Personally speaking I like Toyota Grande CVT more as compared to 1.8 Oriel due to available options and practicality. Even no rain sensors in Turbo.

150 Post(s)

That fuel comment need to be told to Honda Atlas becuase their user manual clearly says something diffrent. We discussed million times here extensively.. you definitely need Min 91.
      Why do people owning all kind of forced induction vehicles here even bother looking for hobc. They should just consult Honda atlas and all should be fineJokes apart, fuel quality here is the worst in the region and long term consequences for turbo owners would most probably arise if they'll keep using regular imho

Once supply issues for 1.5l turbo are sorted out, I wonder if Atlas will introduce turbo variants at lower price points with the Oriel navigation/multimedia unit installed and leather seats being optional?

I was told too... Use ANY FUEL... No warranty issues...!

But now half the world knows that Hi Octane is must.... So the tactics served Honda the purpose... To achieve equilibrium in bookings between Oriel and Turbo 😉

I'd still suggest however... USE HI OCTANE... Always the best you can get.

I am recommending it out of my own habit.... Not from Honda requirement....

FazalWahab bhai.... Open the fuel lid of the Corolla Grande and see a CLEAR CUT recommendation by Indus to use 91 Ron Min!

Sir jee.... Instruction manuals ka bhi yeh hi haal. 😉

" Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

And there are more chances of mixing in HOBC being more expensive.

Sent via submarine cable

Dealership know Zero.. no matter Honda or Toyota.. like read this.. I had a chat with PW member and I told him that Fortuner is released and he said he is told by dealer it's not.. that too 2 days after the official launch. This is what dealers are up to.

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - d22581f532f8fe50934c9d9d191f19c4

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 127d90fd178d89624710721aa8143402

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 8a8d1d414f9f1101608cedae516d416c

I was told too... Use ANY FUEL... No warranty issues...!

But now half the world knows that Hi Octane is must.... So the tactics served Honda the purpose... To achieve equilibrium in bookings between Oriel and Turbo 😉

I'd still suggest however... USE HI OCTANE... Always the best you can get.

I am recommending it out of my own habit.... Not from Honda requirement....

FazalWahab bhai.... Open the fuel lid of the Corolla Grande and see a CLEAR CUT recommendation by Indus to use 91 Ron Min!

Sir jee.... Instruction manuals ka bhi yeh hi haal. 😉

Dealership know Zero.. no matter Honda or Toyota.. like read this.. I had a chat with PW member and I told him that Fortuner is released and he said he is told by dealer it's not.. that too 2 days after the official launch. This is what dealers are up to.

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - d22581f532f8fe50934c9d9d191f19c4

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 127d90fd178d89624710721aa8143402

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 8a8d1d414f9f1101608cedae516d416c
      Fazalwahab bhai.... I repeat... I'd always suggest best fuel, even pure jet fuel if possible, wouldn't spare plutonium even if the engine would accept it...

My point is.... If dealers "know nothing" , it is the same very dealers who "knew" that Hi Octane is a must.... And we got this conveyed from these same very dealers in the first instance...

Since 91 Ron is recommended by Indus even, nothing new in dealers recommendations..

I agree with you and I think we still need a clarification on this issue, but at the same time, I'd like to know - since Honda had already done extensive pre-launch tests of all versions of Civic X - why wasn't the "mandatory" part disclosed at time of prebookings?

Why did they have to resort to this AFTER observing the response of bookings going in unexpected heavy favor of 1.5 Turbo?

Sir jee.... Maybe the fuel requirement is there, only time will show, but Honda did indeed play their marketing cards well to get people off the Turbo.... concede it....

Irrespective of all this, Hi Octane or no Hi Octane... I'd still say..... After having driven the 1.5T for around 800Kms so far , only Earth Dreams engine technogy does the Civic X true pleasureful justice....trust me.

That's why there was a Article with headline A Pandora Box. PKDM 2016 Honda Civic: A Pandora Box Full Of Confusion - PakWheels Blog

Fazalwahab bhai.... I repeat... I'd always suggest best fuel, even pure jet fuel if possible, wouldn't spare plutonium even if the engine would accept it...

My point is.... If dealers "know nothing" , it is the same very dealers who "knew" that Hi Octane is a must.... And we got this conveyed from these same very dealers in the first instance...

Since 91 Ron is recommended by Indus even, nothing new in dealers recommendations..

I agree with you and I think we still need a clarification on this issue, but at the same time, I'd like to know - since Honda had already done extensive pre-launch tests of all versions of Civic X - why wasn't the "mandatory" part disclosed at time of prebookings?

Why did they have to resort to this AFTER observing the response of bookings going in unexpected heavy favor of 1.5 Turbo?

Sir jee.... Maybe the fuel requirement is there, only time will show, but Honda did indeed play their marketing cards well to get people off the Turbo.... concede it....

Irrespective of all this, Hi Octane or no Hi Octane... I'd still say..... After having driven the 1.5T for around 800Kms so far , only Earth Dreams engine technogy does the Civic X true pleasureful justice....trust me.

41 Post(s)

White Oriel with Navigation is available delivery from Honda showroom Rawalpindi.

Sent from my SM-J700H using PW Forums mobile app

To the guys who are using 2016 beauty, my QUESTIONS are,

1- Is the electric parking brake button "push to engage" or " pull to engage"?...it shouldnt be " push to engage" because it would be a safety issue. (Accidentally push by child or urself).

2- If its electrically operated then what would be happened if the car battery dies and the button is engaged?

179 Post(s)

The electronic parking brake is not engaged until the vehicle comes to a stop.

Even mechanical ones have the
      over ride feature where it does not engages in moving car. The amarican cars are equipped with such mechanical parking brakes operated by left foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zish79 View Post

1- Is the electric parking brake button "push to engage" or " pull to engage"?...it shouldnt be " push to engage" because it would be a safety issue. (Accidentally push by child or urself).
      It is pull to engage and push to release the break.

2- If its electrically operated then what would be happened if the car battery dies and the button is engaged?
      Good question but then how would start the car? Unless you are thinking of pushing/towing it you need the battery anyway.

You cannot start it without battery anyhow. You would need to tow it towards nearest dealership or mechanic. Towing would be front wheel tow as well coz automatic car is headache to pull.

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app
      !!!!! Corolla is Not A ROLLA its a Pleasure !!!!!

CoRoLLa RoCkS

cmh

Total Parco is already giving 90 RON. So good for Turbo.

ยป FuelsTotal Parco Pakistan Ltd

TOTAL PARCO offers a variety of top quality fuels on its service stations to suit the needs of every customer and is at the forefront of taking new initiatives in the oil industry. It was the first OMC in Pakistan to launch 90RON unleaded petrol under the brand name of Hi-Super without any additional cost to the customer.