842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Can someone please share pics of actual cars (not computer renditions) of 2016 civics in Silver, Urban Titanium and Modern Steel colours.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsontariq View Post
      Can someone please share pics of actual cars (not computer renditions) of 2016 civics in Silver, Urban Titanium and Modern Steel colours.
      Check pakwheels for vehicles being sold. You should have all the colors there in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali454 View Post
      My dear friend even if everything you claim is true, why are you trying to ridicule all those who have bought their civic from whatever batch it was?

You dont need to be sorry for what they have bought. Atleast they are enjoying the charm of a newly released model.
      cars come and go, models change, specs change.

If Atlas discontinues the 1.8 engine whats the fuss about it? Atlas also discontinued the D series engines but they are serving many flawlessly till date including me and if you think that is something to worry about and these people have made a terrible mistake, please have a look at the prices at which those cars are selling these days (7th gen civic and old city).
      Charming !!!
      What we do in Pakistan is to resist change, to discourage innovation and to encourage rather embrace the olds even after it's death-making manufacturers less competitive & innovative resulting in 25years of Mehran legacy than cultus...honda civic no facelifts as well city's.. Indus Corolla 1993- 2002 etc.
      Majority of us are bandwagon riders including me... As a market in general we are easy and contended over inferior and obsoletes.
      My main emphasis is not on ridiculing some individuals but hammering the mindset which encourages manufacturers to rest and sell us inferior less inovative products without challenges. Mehran cultus all old tech buyers in our market are accomplices in this crime' I would rather overstate. Stop buying switch to jdm -buy FAW V2. Encourage who make endeavours to make your pleasure better. Resale myths are impeding our overall automotive growth.
      1.5 turbo should be encouraged and given preference and chance so that manufactures realize That our market demands better and not gratified with "naya daba purana maal". Hope it clears.
      Will still say that those who have bought 1.8 compromised their dreams and the true soul of the 10th gen civic x.
      Financial restrictions apart, if you have ordered or planning to buy 1.8l version over turbo mere for the reason of better resale and fuel issue rumors- you are utterly mistaken as this temporary oriel demand articulated by atlas will diminish as 1.8 will eventually phase out... Making you lose money and repent the civic x pleasure you always yearned each time you turn your oriel's ignition on.
      Quote Originally Posted by ali454 View Post
      My dear friend even if everything you claim is true, why are you trying to ridicule all those who have bought their civic from whatever batch it was?

You dont need to be sorry for what they have bought. Atleast they are enjoying the charm of a newly released model.
      cars come and go, models change, specs change.

If Atlas discontinues the 1.8 engine whats the fuss about it? Atlas also discontinued the D series engines but they are serving many flawlessly till date including me and if you think that is something to worry about and these people have made a terrible mistake, please have a look at the prices at which those cars are selling these days (7th gen civic and old city).

Sent from my LG-H811 using PW Forums mobile app
      Cars make my blood live...

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dawar View Post
      Charming !!!
      What we do in Pakistan is to resist change, to discourage innovation and to encourage rather embrace the olds even after it's death-making manufacturers less competitive & innovative resulting in 25years of Mehran legacy than cultus...honda civic no facelifts as well city's.. Indus Corolla 1993- 2002 etc.
      Majority of us are bandwagon riders including me... As a market in general we are easy and contended over inferior and obsoletes.
      My main emphasis is not on ridiculing some individuals but hammering the mindset which encourages manufacturers to rest and sell us inferior less inovative products without challenges. Mehran cultus all old tech buyers in our market are accomplices in this crime' I would rather overstate. Stop buying switch to jdm -buy FAW V2. Encourage who make endeavours to make your pleasure better. Resale myths are impeding our overall automotive growth.
      1.5 turbo should be encouraged and given preference and chance so that manufactures realize That our market demands better and not gratified with "naya daba purana maal". Hope it clears.
      Will still say that those who have bought 1.8 compromised their dreams and the true soul of the 10th gen civic x.
      Financial restrictions apart, if you have ordered or planning to buy 1.8l version over turbo mere for the reason of better resale and fuel issue rumors- you are utterly mistaken as this temporary oriel demand articulated by atlas will diminish as 1.8 will eventually phase out... Making you lose money and repent the civic x pleasure you always yearned each time you turn your oriel's ignition on.

Hey can write some good fiction

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan0001 View Post

Ignore

My feedback on Civic 2016: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278004

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Dawar,......I fully agree.....we think of resale before buying.....and we don't know for how long we are gonna live!

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan0001 View Post

Fiction is what leads to reality...

But for those who repent the vary moment they turn on their oriels ignition and yearn to hold and pull those paddle shifters one day...

"Ignore" is the only left solution.

Its hard to supress the guilt of committing a deliberate blunder and even harder to pretend cool afterwards coming up with practicality and resale like stuff... Its a "purana maal after all in naya daba"
      Owning an Oriel is like sitting just 4 steps short abandoning the worth of those hard earned 26 steps in vain...

Ignore - I can Understand!!
      For those prospective future owners of Civic X - hold your horses,wait and settle for the best. Take those last 4 steps...Remember
      A little pain never goes in vain then rejoice the bliss of passion and pleasure rain
      Hale the mighty Turbo -the civic's testesterone without which its placidly impotent.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

One can disagree with Dawar on "discontinue or no discontinuation", but for heaven's sake don't call a demanding mindset "fiction".....

And I fully agree with his assertion that we're more resale oriented than enthusiastic about our wheels...!

Just look at how many have not postponed bookings of the Civic X these days, just to get a" 2017" mentioned in their books!

Pardon me, but it is our own fault that we still have Mehran, Cutlus and a City going on and on without any changes..

The best way to retain "resale" of your car 5 year's ahead is not by wishing another "digit" entered in your book now , but by caring for your vehicle and retaining it's condition with intimate care of both body and engine... That's what's gonna pay you..

I still remember a Haji Sahib at a Suzuki Showroom, where sales person was showing a line up of freshly arrived Mehrans : " acha ji, inna chun taazi taazi keri ve"?

I held back my laughter and really wanted to ask the Haji Sahib, if he had come for broccoli or a new car! 😉😂

Same goes for those wishing to put a foot on Civic X pedal, and holding back desire for a damn "digit".. 😈

Sent from my SM-J710F using PW Forums mobile app
      " Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Charming !!!

Every market is different and we need to respect that. There is a reason why a 1990s Nissan Sunny is still in production in Mexico.

If you think turbo civic is the one true civic with its true civic soul, then my friend there was no need for a less powerful 2.0l civic in US. Was there? Turbo civic is expensive everywhere else and this 'old 1.8L' being offered is partly related to our weird taxation system to keep the costs down because people do not have enough buying power.

Not everyone is a car enthusiast and majority will settle for a car that suites their needs and for that 1.8L is enough. You cannot call that poorana maal in a naya dabba and start criticizing them just because you want turbo civics in Pakistan.

Resale value is a reality because cars are an asset here. Any asset is good if it holds a resale value. Again its related to economy.

Suzuki with its Mehran and Cultus is a different story altogether.
      FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AK471 View Post
      The best way to retain "resale" of your car 5 year's ahead is not by wishing another "digit" entered in your book now , but by caring for your vehicle and retaining it's condition with intimate care of both body and engine... That's what's gonna pay you..

Thank you

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Thanks AK471 and pesh01
      I didn't waited for 2017 tag
      Booked turbo last month and getting it this month inshaAllah ☺☺☺
      When the going gets tough the TOUGH gets going.
      I Do FaceLift of peoples! (;-)

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Feeling good
      Atleast some people do think like me ☺
      When the going gets tough the TOUGH gets going.
      I Do FaceLift of peoples! (;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      15 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I agree with Dawar...innovation is badly needed in the automotive sector in Pakistan.

One credit will go to Honda that they are probably the only local manufacturers/assemblers who have given us the most number of models for a car (civic). 92, 96, 99, 2001, 2003, 2006, and now 2016. Compare the rest of the manufacturers especially IMC who have have literally dragged Corolla for a good decade before rolling out a new one and ironically still selling a 1.7mill car without power windows. Honda pushed them to introduce 1.8L Altis and previous 3 generations of Corolla in a rapid succession (rapid for Toyota nonetheless) otherwise they would still be selling E-130 with face-lifted version.
      Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

But for those who repent the vary moment they turn on their oriels ignition and yearn to hold and pull those paddle shifters one day...

Its hard to supress the guilt of committing a deliberate blunder and even harder to pretend cool afterwards coming up with practicality and resale like stuff... Its a "purana maal after all in naya daba"
      Owning an Oriel is like sitting just 4 steps short abandoning the worth of those hard earned 26 steps in vain...

For those prospective future owners of Civic X - hold your horses,wait and settle for the best. Take those last 4 steps...Remember
      A little pain never goes in vain then rejoice the bliss of passion and pleasure rain
      Hale the mighty Turbo -the civic's testesterone without which its placidly impotent.

Einstein... the ignore part is for you and your conspiracy theories and as always false reports. I wonder how you devised this system to get some attention.

Let the price of Civic also reduce dramatically like you claim and then we can skip ignoring you.

Till then, stay happy with your own bubble of being a Honda Expert.

The earthdreams being future and all is a totally different debate which cannot be ignored BUT information and claims from your end need to be ignored as they have never been true or authentic.

My feedback on Civic 2016: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278004

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Charming !!!

I don't know how buying Oriel 1.8 is linked to an argument of Pakistanis just thinking about 'Resale'. If Resale is the primary criteria then people would rather buy a Corolla than an expensive 25+ lac Civic Oriel, won't they? Or better a Suzuki 'mighty' product.

The major reason people are not buying Turbo is the PRICE!!! ...30 **** lacs (which goes to 32+ adding the taxes, registration etc) for a locally assembled Honda in which there are already some question marks over the build quality. Also, few people like to pay extra fuel costs every time (Hi-Octane) and also the permanent inconvenience of finding the petrol pump delivering Hi octane in the first place. These are the 2 major deal breakers for Turbo.

Nobody wants that the innovations are not brought here. However there's a price for everything. Innovation should be brought but at a reasonable price so that people can afford it. The fact that Honda Atlas just wanted to mint even more money from us with their pricing strategy is already a good enough reason to completely avoid their new 'offer' until and unless they reduce the price to reasonable level, improve product's quality, do not strip the Turbo version sold internationally, and not think always about increasing their already huge profits due to this nexus of the 3 auto assemblers in this poor nation.

For many consumers like me, Atlas Honda really lost respect by introducing these beautifully shaped Honda Civics at such a high price with the mindset of totally exploiting the pricing situation here in Pakistan while at the same time delivering an inferior product - quality and specification wise. If this is the build quality, then its not really unreasonable to buy Honda 1.8 Oriel rather than giving Honda Atlas another 5 lacs for Turbo.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurem View Post
      I don't know how buying Oriel 1.8 is linked to an argument of Pakistanis just thinking about 'Resale'. If Resale is the primary criteria then people would rather buy a Corolla than an expensive 25+ lac Civic Oriel, won't they? Or better a Suzuki 'mighty' product.

The major reason people are not buying Turbo is the PRICE!!! ...30 **** lacs (which goes to 32+ adding the taxes, registration etc) for a locally assembled Honda in which there are already some question marks over the build quality. Also, few people like to pay extra fuel costs every time (Hi-Octane) and also the permanent inconvenience of finding the petrol pump delivering Hi octane in the first place. These are the 2 major deal breakers for Turbo.

Nobody wants that the innovations are not brought here. However there's a price for everything. Innovation should be brought but at a reasonable price so that people can afford it. The fact that Honda Atlas just wanted to mint even more money from us with their pricing strategy is already a good enough reason to completely avoid their new 'offer' until and unless they reduce the price to reasonable level, improve product's quality, do not strip the Turbo version sold internationally, and not think always about increasing their already huge profits due to this nexus of the 3 auto assemblers in this poor nation.

For many consumers like me, Atlas Honda really lost respect by introducing these beautifully shaped Honda Civics at such a high price with the mindset of totally exploiting the pricing situation here in Pakistan while at the same time delivering an inferior product - quality and specification wise. If this is the build quality, then its not really unreasonable to buy Honda 1.8 Oriel rather than giving Honda Atlas another 5 lacs for Turbo.
      Absolutely right Khurem bhai

But nonetheless those buying the cheaper less powerful underdog Oriel should be thankful to Allah SWT that they have this privelege in life where people can't afford 3 meals a day.

Enjoy the wonderful blessings you have in life and ignore those trying to ridicule them.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I see someone is too much in love with the Turbo and has been forced to a tunnel vision. Koi naheen, pyaar kiya to darna kya.

1.5 Turbo Zindabad !

-

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Appreciate your views backed up by Reasons, instead dumb ignorance, which all have rights to accept or differ...it some how add knowledge and value to the forum- the very cause of Pakwheels.

Anyways, the simmering steam is about to escape via AtlasLeaks and is being cooked well enough to entice even the "ignorants"... Stay tuned till the info trail gets compiled. Will update soon InshAllah.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Well.... You calculated the 32 lakhs Turbo thingie well, but forgot to show the contrasting figure of the 1.8 with Nav/Leather/Registration!

I agree fully with you that the tag is INSANE for local vehicle..

But... No matter how you turn it around, the factual ON ROAD difference is still just some 300K's.... This is what you're paying for Dual transmission option (paddle shifters), and Earth Dreams + Remote start...

So we're back basically to climbing 3 more stairs for the joy!

Overall it is a 10% difference mainly... Yes.... It feels... But it's worth it...

Regards...

" Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AK471 View Post
      Well.... You calculated the 32 lakhs Turbo thingie well, but forgot to show the contrasting figure of the 1.8 with Nav/Leather/Registration!

I agree fully with you that the tag is INSANE for local vehicle..

But... No matter how you turn it around, the factual ON ROAD difference is still just some 300K's.... This is what you're paying for Dual transmission option (paddle shifters), and Earth Dreams + Remote start...

So we're back basically to climbing 3 more stairs for the joy!

Overall it is a 10% difference mainly... Yes.... It feels... But it's worth it...

Regards...

Someone who has already stretched and gone to trouble of gathering finances for an Oriel (like me for instance) arranging another 300k is not that easy. So either stick to some other car or get an Oriel are the only 2 options for many of us. And like a said: Thanks to Allah for even this opportunity.

Not everyone is Richie Rich here for whom 3 lakh is not a big deal.

دل کہتا ہے ساری دنیا خرید لے
      مگر جیب کہتی ہے چپ کر

PS: not every budget conscious practical buyer is getting oem leather in their Oriel. And the exact difference after adding navi and leather is 341k including taxes which is around 400k without leather.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List