842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

can any one tell me that engine start feature on remote is not available 1.8L oriel?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moiz20 View Post
      can any one tell me that engine start feature on remote is not available 1.8L oriel?
      Its only available for Turbo

My feedback on Civic 2016: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278004

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moiz20 View Post
      It is only available in 1.5 Turbo
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Gentlemen... To each his own!

Turbo owners should not lambast discredit Oriel owners, and Oriel owners should not lambast the Turbo owners..

The point where I agree fully with Dawar is that a 3 lakhs "compromise" with money in the pocket is a blunder if setting aside the full pleasure 1.5T.

As for comparisons with German cars, you can't get beyond the double price factor.... It's there.. As a choice for another emblem and quality make..

And as regards comparisons and ratings and racings and smokings, etc... Why argue? Just check around for BHP's and Torque factor in engine specifications... Anything that goes beyond 174Bhp and 230 Torque will beat the Turbo 1.5T...and what's below this just can't, no matter if it's 1.8Tfsi or A6, whichever...

Sent from my SM-J710F using PW Forums mobile app
      " Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

very sad!
      Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
      It is only available in 1.5 Turbo

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
      I ve seen tht video, tht merc is even slower than my civic reborn manual 😂....A3 1.8T, A4 1.8T will easily beat civic turbo as A6 1.8T has beaten civic 1.5T
      10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 7b5a3bec7cdcdeca1c80cb9641905942

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - b4e72ea0aa897431b287e8d5d3bd9827

Above are factory claims for 2016 1.8 tfsi engine for A6 and A3.

A good initial challenge is expected from A3 with CivicTurbo but A6 is heavy and a 8 second car will find challenge tough enough.

But just look at the point I am marking here for all of us to focus is... Yaar bus teen lakh main teeess lakh ka faida- isnt it a deal of immense value and those who didnt availed the perk with little more spent- a deal of great Loss for Oriel owners or prospective buyers.

By spending 3-4 lacs for turbo -your car matches/catches performance of those germans which would otherwise requires 30 to 40 lacs to upgrade over Oriel and secondly turbo comes with standard goodies too in those 4 lacs upgrade like leather Nav rear entertainment paddle shifters remote start etc... Think!!

Waiting for the Unichip... Its in testing stage will add 40-42bhp in less than Rs.50000 with bolt on and plugin play easy installation without voiding warranty.
      Its value for money - its seriously is even stock.
      Visiting 3s today got some news from mechanic about issues in new civic and warranty claims at 10000km checkup will share.
      I ve seen tht video, tht merc is even slower than my civic reborn manual 😂....A3 1.8T, A4 1.8T will easily beat civic turbo as A6 1.8T has beaten civic 1.5T

Sent from my LG-H811 using PW Forums mobile app
      Cars make my blood live...

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AK471 View Post

Turbo owners should not lambast discredit Oriel owners, and Oriel owners should not lambast the Turbo owners..

The point where I agree fully with Dawar is that a 3 lakhs "compromise" with money in the pocket is a blunder if setting aside the full pleasure 1.5T.

As for comparisons with German cars, you can't get beyond the double price factor.... It's there.. As a choice for another emblem and quality make..

And as regards comparisons and ratings and racings and smokings, etc... Why argue? Just check around for BHP's and Torque factor in engine specifications... Anything that goes beyond 174Bhp and 230 Torque will beat the Turbo 1.5T...and what's below this just can't, no matter if it's 1.8Tfsi or A6, whichever...

Agreed AK471... Appreciate!
      But for guidance sake to the future prospective buyers - the current owners shouldn't feel discredited. Realization at a later stage hurts about a decision made but its never too late & if got means, will be wiser now to upgrade to Turbo from Oriel in 2016.
      Own amount is high even 2000-3000km run oriel grabs good premium now narrowing the gap between turbo -until awareness spreads with wide availability of Altron and turbo user reviews about milage and performance & the rewards of spending 4 lacs more.

Turbo is the future ... Buy- revert- convert- sale oriels whatever in 2016 as soon as possible - may be over this weekend or tomorrow before its too late and the gap becomes too wide to fill in and then the famous London underground announcement !
      "MIND THE GAP" appears at the rear screen of all turbos.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

If I had that amount in my pocket lying to spend, I for sure would have gone for Turbo. As a matter of fact I was already planning to get a hardtop after launch but did somehow manage to burden arranging another 150k as hardtop was totally not worth it. So many people buying Oriels are already over the budget.

I agree to the part where those who can easily spend and still dont spend are making a slight mistake.

About the German cars, they may be twice the price but they are twice the cars. 0-100 isn't everything in a car and by no means even with the price tags in consideration Civic can supersede an A4 or a 3 series for that matter. While bringing the supersede part on this forum price wasn't the factor considered by our friend initially.

My feedback on Civic 2016: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278004

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      57 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dawar View Post
      10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 7b5a3bec7cdcdeca1c80cb9641905942

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - b4e72ea0aa897431b287e8d5d3bd9827

Above are factory claims for 2016 1.8 tfsi engine for A6 and A3.

A good initial challenge is expected from A3 with CivicTurbo but A6 is heavy and a 8 second car will find challenge tough enough.

But just look at the point I am marking here for all of us to focus is... Yaar bus teen lakh main teeess lakh ka faida- isnt it a deal of immense value and those who didnt availed the perk with little more spent- a deal of great Loss for Oriel owners or prospective buyers.

By spending 3-4 lacs for turbo -your car matches/catches performance of those germans which would otherwise requires 30 to 40 lacs to upgrade over Oriel and secondly turbo comes with standard goodies too in those 4 lacs upgrade like leather Nav rear entertainment paddle shifters remote start etc... Think!!

Waiting for the Unichip... Its in testing stage will add 40-42bhp in less than Rs.50000 with bolt on and plugin play easy installation without voiding warranty.
      Its value for money - its seriously is even stock.
      Visiting 3s today got some news from mechanic about issues in new civic and warranty claims at 10000km checkup will share.

Dawar, i m driving civic turbo everyday and i used to have A4 1.8tfsi and also i have driven my cousin A6 1.8tfsi there's big difference after 100kph....yesterday night i took my car upto 187kph and on same road i easily touch 220+ on my A3 1.8tfsi so u cant compare both performance. Most of the Audi cars are underrated power....i have dyno'd my Audi A3 here which was 183whp on stock and civic turbo was doing 143whp big differences in power and torque as well. You can even ask unichip guy i have asked him to race my A3 from his tuned unichip civic 1.5T but he knows where my A3 stand
      My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      If I had that amount in my pocket lying to spend, I for sure would have gone for Turbo. As a matter of fact I was already planning to get a hardtop after launch but did somehow manage to burden arranging another 150k as hardtop was totally not worth it. So many people buying Oriels are already over the budget.

I agree to the part where those who can easily spend and still dont spend are making a slight mistake.

About the German cars, they may be twice the price but they are twice the cars. 0-100 isn't everything in a car and by no means even with the price tags in consideration Civic can supersede an A4 or a 3 series for that matter. While bringing the supersede part on this forum price wasn't the factor considered by our friend initially.

You're absolutely right... 0-100 is not all that counts wrt comparisons..

Let's not try to reason why someone would spend 5-6 Mils on a Beemer or a 4 ringer, that still can't beat BHP's or Torque of a petty 1.5 Honda.. ... There'll always be a "status symbol" involvement too, for those dishing out 5+ Mils...

And it's perfectly fine if there is...concealing a God given 'status' is by itself a stigma to the same....

" Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Dawar, i m driving civic turbo everyday and i used to have A4 1.8tfsi and also i have driven my cousin A6 1.8tfsi there's big difference after 100kph....yesterday night i took my car upto 187kph and on same road i easily touch 220+ on my A3 1.8tfsi so u cant compare both performance. Most of the Audi cars are underrated power....i have dyno'd my Audi A3 here which was 183whp on stock and civic turbo was doing 143whp big differences in power and torque as well. You can even ask unichip guy i have asked him to race my A3 from his tuned unichip civic 1.5T but he knows where my A3 stand
      Yes, You must be correct cause you own both and have hands on experience...and I wont argue pointlessly on this...
      its a bit disapponting when you start so well and then cant go beyond 205km/hr.
      A4 or A3 or c class or 3 series are damn Audis and beamers and mercs and they cost so damnly too... The safety features and transmission and other drive tech is way superior in those Germans but for a common John civic Turbo
      @ 3 million price tag its real bang for bucks with considerable power punch -easy resale and affordable maintenance.

Prior to Honda.. I considered A3 facelift which recently came but found it a bit crampy in the rear more or less like honda city class and without the virtual cockpit support in Pakistan, its outrageous to spare a million above.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Which A3 are you talking comparatively about above Dawar bhai? The 3.8 Mils, 1.2 and slightly above 100Bhp's?

Real Audi experience starts from 5 Mils +, I suppose..

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post

Similar case. My dad was interested in hard top and I made long tales to convince him to go for oriel and even agreed to pay extra money out of my savings ( I turned 21 recently so saving depends on pocket money ) oriel cost almost twice the amount of the car my dad is using now and almost 7 8 lakes more than city. Spending such a huge sum on a car isn't usually appreciated in our family as we don't sale them and if we do we sale it cheap. Hence oriel will be fine for now. One can try turbo once we are done with this ride in next 3 4 years. By then we will know how well turbos are performing in Pakistan environment.

And for God sake someone ask govt to regulate car prices.

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app
      !!!!! Corolla is Not A ROLLA its a Pleasure !!!!!

CoRoLLa RoCkS

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Which A3 are you talking comparatively about above Dawar bhai? The 3.8 Mils, 1.2 and slightly above 100Bhp's?

Exactly... The same case with BMW X1 price Gimmick...
      All germans which come at par with civic in cabin size/ sunroof and Bhp are almost twice the cost. 5million+ cases.
      Turbo is value which apparently looks to hold a steep price tag.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by danish.sohail View Post
      Similar case. My dad was interested in hard top and I made long tales to convince him to go for oriel and even agreed to pay extra money out of my savings ( I turned 21 recently so saving depends on pocket money ) oriel cost almost twice the amount of the car my dad is using now and almost 7 8 lakes more than city. Spending such a huge sum on a car isn't usually appreciated in our family as we don't sale them and if we do we sale it cheap. Hence oriel will be fine for now. One can try turbo once we are done with this ride in next 3 4 years. By then we will know how well turbos are performing in Pakistan environment.

And for God sake someone ask govt to regulate car prices.

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app
      In your case, which is very genuine, is the case of many and was exactly mine years back...I understand completely; you made the best possible decision in the given circumstance but
      In your Era now , when premium/own is earned- I would have done following.

1.Sell my Oriel if white or black and driven under 2000km with leather and Nav for 2.9million+ average market. (Own is really high now which decrease dramatically in December in wake of 2017 arrival).

2. Pay 50% booking for Turbo and wait 3 months for 2017 improved version.

3. Meanwhile request father and try to save and add 1.5-2 lacs within those 3 months to pay at the time of delivery.

With the above -Patience is the only virtue and the gain is of high value.
      2017 year model and full option improved Civic X Turbo.

"Ye Nadir Mauqa phir nahi aayega".

Its practical and a deal to catch the best before 2016 cause with passing year and increasing awareness the price gap will increase and then owning a new turbo after 3 years will be way more difficult as Civic depreciates alot - you will be selling your Oriel around 22 lacs max in pristine condition and the gap will be of a million then to own a brand new turbo or compromise with someones used turbo buying it
      around 26lacs minimum (4 lacs to add).

I am advocating just because you all are my fellow brother pakwheelers and I strongly believe that holding your horses and saving for Turbo is sure and sheer value.
      To all oriel owners dont be discredited...its a humble endeavour only.
      People complain and are reluctant about adding extra bucks for Turbo and Some fear financial constraints while on the otherside contradictedly- candidly losing money over Advan Db and Rims Leds and bodykits which adds very little to the main drive experience & pleasure.

Think BiG Go 4 Turbo!!

NOW OR NEVER
      Act - Save - Enjoy
      Power of Dreams

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      57 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Yes, You must be correct cause you own both and have hands on experience...and I wont argue pointlessly on this...
      its a bit disapponting when you start so well and then cant go beyond 205km/hr.
      A4 or A3 or c class or 3 series are damn Audis and beamers and mercs and they cost so damnly too... The safety features and transmission and other drive tech is way superior in those Germans but for a common John civic Turbo
      @ 3 million price tag its real bang for bucks with considerable power punch -easy resale and affordable maintenance.

Prior to Honda.. I considered A3 facelift which recently came but found it a bit crampy in the rear more or less like honda city class and without the virtual cockpit support in Pakistan, its outrageous to spare a million above.

Well i think i paid lil extra for civic turbo as it is made in pakistan and A3 is worth it as it is imported with duty

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

In your case, which is very genuine, is the case of many and was exactly mine years back...I understand completely; you made the best possible decision in the given circumstance but
      In your Era now , when premium/own is earned- I would have done following.

1.Sell my Oriel if white or black and driven under 2000km with leather and Nav for 2.9million+ average market. (Own is really high now which decrease dramatically in December in wake of 2017 arrival).

2. Pay 50% booking for Turbo and wait 3 months for 2017 improved version.

3. Meanwhile request father and try to save and add 1.5-2 lacs within those 3 months to pay at the time of delivery.

With the above -Patience is the only virtue and the gain is of high value.
      2017 year model and full option improved Civic X Turbo.

"Ye Nadir Mauqa phir nahi aayega".

Its practical and a deal to catch the best before 2016 cause with passing year and increasing awareness the price gap will increase and then owning a new turbo after 3 years will be way more difficult as Civic depreciates alot - you will be selling your Oriel around 22 lacs max in pristine condition and the gap will be of a million then to own a brand new turbo or compromise with someones used turbo buying it
      around 26lacs minimum (4 lacs to add).

I am advocating just because you all are my fellow brother pakwheelers and I strongly believe that holding your horses and saving for Turbo is sure and sheer value.
      To all oriel owners dont be discredited...its a humble endeavour only.
      NOW OR NEVER
      Act - Save - Enjoy
      Power of Dreams

Since this is going no where please allow me to give you an example just for the sake of argument.

The price difference between a Gli A/T and a 1.6 Altis A/T is almost negligible if we consider a scenario where a buyer is spending around 2 million. But you see those automatic glis selling like hot cakes. Why?

As I said before, not everyone is a car enthusiast and doesnt look upon them with critique.

Theoratically whatever you say is true but reality doesnt work this way.

This is the same reason why a 2.0L NA civic is outselling the turbo civic in US.
      FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      57 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I think it's well worth it, if it was locally made it wud be less price than civic turbo

Sent from my HTC 10

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I think it's well worth it, if it was locally made it wud be less price than civic turbo

Sent from my HTC 10
      You know, like you mentioned previously the thing with German cars is that they may not be the fastest off the line or have the quickest 0-100 time, but the way they pull after about 100 kmph is just insane. I hit 245 on my E250 just the other day and the way it gets there is amazing.

The kick down on most Japanese and especially American cars is definitely stronger. Most American cars are very quick off traffic lights etc.

But once these German babies get on a roll there is no stopping them

Sent from my SM-G935F using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      57 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Let stick to the topic or the admin wud kick us out and plz no more comparison of German cars vs civic turbo !!

Sent from my HTC 10

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List