Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Best tires for Honda civic 99 vti oriel automatic

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question Best tires for Honda civic 99 vti oriel automatic

    Hello to All PW.

    Hope all of you are fine.

    I have honda civic 99 vti oriel automatic and have tires now 185/65/R14/86H DunLop SP SPORT LM701 Japanese with stock Honda Genuine 14" rim.

    Now time has come to change the tires to brand new ones.

    I am attracting towards Yokohama Japanese tires but have little knowledge about different series of Yokohama and dunlop.

    Please experts that have more experience and knowledge help me to choose best tires for my civic 99 vti oriel automatic.

    Point of discussion about Brand should be Yokohama and Dunlop.

    1. Also tell me Can i shift to 15inch tires or stick to 14inch tires with stock rims fitted by Honda?

    2. 15inch tires harm the stock suspension or not?

    3. Either I have to change the stock rims if I change to 15 inch tires or not?

    I hope experts should help me to choose best brand with best series tires for my car.

    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Where are the experts?????????
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    No one knows about my query? Where are the experts?
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HAshims's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,886
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Stick to original 14inch unless you find any 4x100 OEM 15inch Honda alloys.

    15 inch will not harm the suspension if they are not heavy and if tire profile is above 55, like 185 60 15 will be fine for the PKDM civic 99.
    Honda Civic 99 EK Hatch / Honda Integra 92 DA Coupe
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAshims View Post
    Stick to original 14inch unless you find any 4x100 OEM 15inch Honda alloys.

    15 inch will not harm the suspension if they are not heavy and if tire profile is above 55, like 185 60 15 will be fine for the PKDM civic 99.
    What about best brand of tires for civic 99 vti oriel automatic? I am most opted towards to Yokohama.

    What about your opinion about best series of yokohama and dunlop tires? Please guide me about this.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HAshims's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,886
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Yokohama is what i like, due to their less noise, more soft compared to dunlop. I don't know what specific models of Yokohama are there in the market now. There is hardly any choice in the series because usually local shops have only one series in one specific size.
    Make sure you get fresh tire by looking at the manufacturing date, get Year 14 tires.
    Honda Civic 99 EK Hatch / Honda Integra 92 DA Coupe
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hornblower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,746
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Using yokohama adv db in my same car .... Recently changed .... 185/65/15. Noiseless and good grip. Go for them and if less budget go for gt radial .... Avoid dunlop. Michellin and good year are also good. U will find 2013 made michellin. And if lucky u can have 2014 made goodyear also. But yokos are good. Dont go for anything above 185 , i would suggest buy 185/70/14 profile

  8. #8
    Site Banned Follow
    hondalover335's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Attock
    Age
    33
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    Hello to All PW.

    Hope all of you are fine.

    I have honda civic 99 vti oriel automatic and have tires now 185/65/R14/86H DunLop SP SPORT LM701 Japanese with stock Honda Genuine 14" rim.

    Now time has come to change the tires to brand new ones.

    I am attracting towards Yokohama Japanese tires but have little knowledge about different series of Yokohama and dunlop.

    Please experts that have more experience and knowledge help me to choose best tires for my civic 99 vti oriel automatic.

    Point of discussion about Brand should be Yokohama and Dunlop.

    1. Also tell me Can i shift to 15inch tires or stick to 14inch tires with stock rims fitted by Honda?

    2. 15inch tires harm the stock suspension or not?

    3. Either I have to change the stock rims if I change to 15 inch tires or not?

    I hope experts should help me to choose best brand with best series tires for my car.
    stick to 14 inches they r ideal for that body size
    yes 15 inches harm the suspension and u lost driving pleasure as well
    no need to change the rims
    dunlop is a hard tire useless tire
    yokohama is very soft and gripy
    michllin very expensive but excellent
    i m using nitto japan ....... best tyre is 25000 to 30000 budget soft ,gripy, driving confidence, and dont change side , stick to 185/65/14 but nitto is little bit noise
    bridgestone is very good but little bit hard

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hornblower View Post
    Using yokohama adv db in my same car .... Recently changed .... 185/65/15. Noiseless and good grip. Go for them and if less budget go for gt radial .... Avoid dunlop. Michellin and good year are also good. U will find 2013 made michellin. And if lucky u can have 2014 made goodyear also. But yokos are good. Dont go for anything above 185 , i would suggest buy 185/70/14 profile
    @hornblower

    Can you tell me best series/ Popular series in terms of comfort, smooth drive, noiseless, soft ect of Yokohama for my civic 2000 vti oriel automatic?
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aghaimmad View Post
    stick to 14 inches they r ideal for that body size
    yes 15 inches harm the suspension and u lost driving pleasure as well
    no need to change the rims
    dunlop is a hard tire useless tire
    yokohama is very soft and gripy
    michllin very expensive but excellent
    i m using nitto japan ....... best tyre is 25000 to 30000 budget soft ,gripy, driving confidence, and dont change side , stick to 185/65/14 but nitto is little bit noise
    bridgestone is very good but little bit hard
    @aghaimmad

    Thanks for your advise bro. Can you tell me best series/ Popular series in terms of comfort,road grip, smooth drive, noiseless, soft ect of Yokohama for my civic 2000 vti oriel automatic?
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can any one here on PW's tell me how to judge the tires either they are smuggled one or imported one?

    Also give me buying techniques for choosing the best and fresh tires for my civic 2000 vti oriel automatic.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hornblower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,746
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Its mentioned in my post .... Look closely

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •