Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By curiousdevil

Thread: Very hard handbrake civic exi 05

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    curiousdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Very hard handbrake civic exi 05

    Aoa pwheelers I have a civic exi 05 its hand brake is very hard and when we apply it car doesn't stop but moves slowly and dug dug sound is heard can somebody guide me about it and what will be the maintenance cost in rwp thanks
    Sent from my Brain

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,378
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    Hard? Hv to apply force to lift lever up? If so it sounds like handbrake wires issue
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    curiousdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    Hard? Hv to apply force to lift lever up? If so it sounds like handbrake wires issue
    Yes, a lot of force is required

    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,403
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    sounds like the cables are corroded. replace them or try lubricating the old ones. How high does the lever move?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    curiousdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    sounds like the cables are corroded. replace them or try lubricating the old ones. How high does the lever move?
    Thanks for your reply sir what would be the cost of replacing wires including labour . Lever is hard to move but it goes to its extreme position by applying a lot of force

    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,403
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    I meant how many clicks? it should only move 5 to 9 clicks for the car to be immovable. If its clicking all the way to vertical - it will be very hard to move as you lose leverage from its pivot.

    if its really hard to move even 1 click then the cables are bad.

    This calls for servicing the rear brakes correctly and ensuring the brake adjuster is not installed backwards or siezed with old grease/brake dust. The dug dug sound you hear is the brake shoes rubbing against the back plate which is 50% confirmation that your mechanic used general purpose grease there, which is bad.

    You need to get some brake purpose grease like silicone grease or brake paste and find a mechanic who still knows how to service drum brakes, most new ones dont as they see discs everyday.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    curiousdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I meant how many clicks? it should only move 5 to 9 clicks for the car to be immovable. If its clicking all the way to vertical - it will be very hard to move as you lose leverage from its pivot.

    if its really hard to move even 1 click then the cables are bad.

    This calls for servicing the rear brakes correctly and ensuring the brake adjuster is not installed backwards or siezed with old grease/brake dust. The dug dug sound you hear is the brake shoes rubbing against the back plate which is 50% confirmation that your mechanic used general purpose grease there, which is bad.

    You need to get some brake purpose grease like silicone grease or brake paste and find a mechanic who still knows how to service drum brakes, most new ones dont as they see discs everyday.
    Thanks sir it gives 7 click and at extreme point car stops and it is then very difficult to lower the lever I will goto my mechanic and fix the issue what is estimated cost


    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using PW Forums mobile app

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,378
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    Accelerator cable for my city was for 850.hand brake cable is a pair n lengthy.carry 2-2.5k along
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    curiousdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    Accelerator cable for my city was for 850.hand brake cable is a pair n lengthy.carry 2-2.5k along
    Thanks bro

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    shehbaz5959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    sounds like the cables are corroded. replace them or try lubricating the old ones. How high does the lever move?

    civic exi 05 i have changed the cables as the handbrake lever use to go all the way up but tyres dont lock. i have to park the car in first gear always.....changed the cables and put in thai one but issue is still there......after some treatment mechanic fix it for few days and handbrake also works at first click but after few days problem start again.....brake lever is softly pulled up all the way but wheels dont lock or stop.....causing gar gar sound from rear if some one sits in the car......gar gar sound stops of brake pedal is pressed....whats the solution/

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •