Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default oil for civic exi prosmatec 2004

hello guys,

I have recently purchased a civic 2005 exi prosmatec in karachi. Its a petrol driven car with mileage 140,000 kms approx. I will be going for an oil change in a couple of days. The previous owner was using zic A 10w40, which i think is very thick for my ride and will not give me the best fuel economy. My neighbour has a 2005 vti manual and uses these two oils:

1. ZIC 0W (0W-30) 100% synthetic
    2. ZIC A+ (5W-20) or (5W-30) 100% synthetic

I was aiming to use zic xq 5w40 but my neighbour insisted on the above two options as he says that zic xq 5w40 is fully synthetic and not a wise option for my car.
    I am seeking the maximum fuel economy and the best acceleration and performance. Please recommend me an oil from these options ONLY for an all year use in Karachi. I am a resident of Karachi. I will be very grateful to you all. I expect an informative and supportive response since I am new to PW and this is my first post. I am also attaching a snapshot of the oil grades and temperature coverage from my civic's owners manual. Plus plz also tell me the difference between 100% synthetic and fully synthetic oils? ZIC mentions zic a+ and zic 0W as 100% synthetic and zic xq as fully synthetic. What is the difference? Is it just a marketing gimmick??? and is zic a+ 5w20 or 5w30??? I have seen both of these viscosities at a shop nearby

Regards,
    Ayan Siddiqui

Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ayan_cdkey View Post
    Yaar koi toh help kardo
    try havoline 5w-40 fully synthetic or zic 5w-40 fully synthetic. Both are best but zic are available in repack version in most of the market.

So i will prefer havoline 5w-40 fully synthetic but buy from authorized dealer/outlet.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please read my last post

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    0w-30 and 5w-30 are have the same viscosity at operating temperatures. The 0w will flow better during cold starts, leading to less engine wear. In Karachi weather though, the advantage of 0w is neglibible.

As for fuel economy, you will be best off with 5w-20, or 0w-20 if you can find one. 5w-20 is quite shear resistant, with a spread of only 15 between hot and cold viscosities. If you are uncomfortable with SAE 20 oil, you can go up to SAE 30 oil (0w-30 or 5w-30). You will barely note the difference; a 20 weight oil behaves quite similarly to a 30 weight oil. Whatever you choose, you should regularly check the oil level on the dipstick; don't let it fall below the min mark, or go above the max mark. Both will damage the engine.

As for the API ratings, this is quite an outdated manual, when advanced grades were not available in Pakistan. You can use any API rating; this car is not particularly picky about the grade, since it lacks a cat con and it has roller rockers. Older grades will not have 0w/5w-20 or 0w/5w-30 though.
    It has flat tappets. The mechanics at dealership told me today

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It has flat tappets. The mechanics at dealership told me today
    I have experience with a VTi, so I assumed the same for an EXi. It was good that you confirmed from the dealership.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    I have experience with a VTi, so I assumed the same for an EXi. It was good that you confirmed from the dealership.
    Well I dont trust them. Bunch of illiterate kaaaaarigars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I dont trust them. Bunch of illiterate kaaaaarigars
    If you have a service manual, you can check the head yourself. Open it and then put it back according to the proper procedure (torque values, correct sealant, order of tightening and loosening the bolts).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Has anyone actually used 5w20 or 0w20 oils in their 7th gen civic exi prosmatec for hot climates of karachi and Lahore???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abuzerkhan does

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salaam guys

plz forgive my misguidance to fellow pakwheelers. I had been bluntly recommending 20w50 to many vehicles based on the premise that the 5w30 backfired in my vehicle. But the turnaround is seen here, yesterday I met the previous owner of my civic exi prosmatec 2004 at the local library and told him about the engine emitting smoke at 5w30. He was shocked too and his reply puzzled me veryyyyy drastically. While taking over the car, he told me that he had been using zic a 10w40 in his vehicle. But yesterday he said "how could 5w30 emit smoke when I had fed it with 5w20 zic A+. I was shocked and came to the conclusion that the oil I had purchased was probably fake. So I am going to get it changed asap. So what should I pour now??? Should I pour zic A+ 5w20. The odometer says 145000kms. I am seeking the best fuel economy because this civic is a killer on consumption. Nowadays karachi's temperature does cross 40 degrees. Please guide me asap!

regards
    Ayaan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salaam guys

plz forgive my misguidance to fellow pakwheelers. I had been bluntly recommending 20w50 to many vehicles based on the premise that the 5w30 backfired in my vehicle. But the turnaround is seen here, yesterday I met the previous owner of my civic exi prosmatec 2004 at the local library and told him about the engine emitting smoke at 5w30. He was shocked too and his reply puzzled me veryyyyy drastically. While taking over the car, he told me that he had been using zic a 10w40 in his vehicle. But yesterday he said "how could 5w30 emit smoke when I had fed it with 5w20 zic A+. I was shocked and came to the conclusion that the oil I had purchased was probably fake. So I am going to get it changed asap. So what should I pour now??? Should I pour zic A+ 5w20. The odometer says 145000kms. I am seeking the best fuel economy because this civic is a killer on consumption. Nowadays karachi's temperature does cross 40 degrees. Please guide me asap!

regards
    Ayaan
    the cost of 5W-20 over 5W-30 will outweigh any fuel economy advantage. use 5W-30 from honda dealership its good enough and will be confirmed to be authentic. if tis fine on 5W-30 since it has already caused you problems before then you can think about going to 5W-20
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    the cost of 5W-20 over 5W-30 will outweigh any fuel economy advantage. use 5W-30 from honda dealership its good enough and will be confirmed to be authentic. if tis fine on 5W-30 since it has already caused you problems before then you can think about going to 5W-20
    u r absolutely right. but 5w20 is only available by zic, that too for rs 2700. all 5w30 are also somewhat close to this range.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Has anyone actually used 5w20 or 0w20 oils in their 7th gen civic exi prosmatec for hot climates of karachi and Lahore???
    yes i am using Zic A+ 5w20 from last 8 months. ALHAMDOLILLAH no issue and car is running absolutely fine. fuel average is excellent.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar bhai, tomorrow the oil change of my honda civic exi 2004 is due D15y3. May I go for a 20 weight oil Such as 5w20??? @ZainMahdi @arzaam.bhatti @tintin1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar bhai, tomorrow the oil change of my honda civic exi 2004 is due D15y3. May I go for a 20 weight oil Such as 5w20??? @ZainMahdi @arzaam.bhatti @tintin1
    10w-30 SH, SL grade.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    10w-30 SH, SL grade.
    I am using 5w30 shell helix hx7. But I am not getting above 8kmpl. Someone suggested to try a 20 weight oil for improved fuel economy. What do u say???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Only oils don't effect consumption. Honda are good with 30 10W30 or 5W30 else if abused then 10W40

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am using 5w30 shell helix hx7. But I am not getting above 8kmpl. Someone suggested to try a 20 weight oil for improved fuel economy. What do u say???
    Its your car and you can try different oils to know which gives the best consumption.
    As other post said that not only engine oil is the thing that brings good average, there are many other factors too.

You can try ZIC A+ which is 5w-20 and can notice the average.
    But before that I’ll suggest to change company and buy 5w-30 oil from Total (who blends oils for Honda).
    Total Quartz 9000 is 5w-30 fully synthetic oil. Give it a try. And don’t forget to add 1/4 of hi-octane in fuel tank with rest 3/4 as regular. I believe it will bring good average for you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have 2005 Vti oriel Manual! I was usinig shell 10w-40 hx5 i think, one day I gone mad n Bought Liqui Moli 10w-40 and used it in my car and when i checked my engine oil after like 1500Km it was noticeably reduced!.... after That I again switched back to Shell 10-40 but the oil reduction never stopped.
    Now I am using 20w-50 Which is not fair for our engines and car is not running lighter as it was on 10w40 but Its for the first time I have used 20w-50 Caltex Halovien. I am quite sure I have leak seals cos of Liqui Moli so any pro among u can help me ?
    What m i suppose to do now cos when I inspected my engine it was dirty at its bottom and is kind of light SAM. Help Pak wheelers...??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sociologist87 View Post
    I have 2005 Vti oriel Manual! I was usinig shell 10w-40 hx5 i think, one day I gone mad n Bought Liqui Moli 10w-40 and used it in my car and when i checked my engine oil after like 1500Km it was noticeably reduced!.... after That I again switched back to Shell 10-40 but the oil reduction never stopped.
    Now I am using 20w-50 Which is not fair for our engines and car is not running lighter as it was on 10w40 but Its for the first time I have used 20w-50 Caltex Halovien. I am quite sure I have leak seals cos of Liqui Moli so any pro among u can help me ?
    What m i suppose to do now cos when I inspected my engine it was dirty at its bottom and is kind of light SAM. Help Pak wheelers...??
    The seals (gaskets) must already be weaker. That’s why these affected more when Engine oil was change to other company.
    Observe closely. There is a engine oil chamber downside of car and check if the oil is coming through the seals (gasket) or from somewhere else?
    If the gasket of oil chamber is leaked, then there is nothing to worry much. Mechanic will hardly take Rs. 500, will drain the engine oil, will open the chamber, will apply the silicon, will close it and you after that you can shift back to the oil which brings more satisfaction.
    But above described reason can be the one among many. Good mechanic can observe and advice better.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plz go for REHICAL Oil its new & very good oil. this oil is manufactured, Blended n packed in UAE & shipped to various countries. A very good oil. I used it n found excellant...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List