Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default oil for civic exi prosmatec 2004

hello guys,

I have recently purchased a civic 2005 exi prosmatec in karachi. Its a petrol driven car with mileage 140,000 kms approx. I will be going for an oil change in a couple of days. The previous owner was using zic A 10w40, which i think is very thick for my ride and will not give me the best fuel economy. My neighbour has a 2005 vti manual and uses these two oils:

1. ZIC 0W (0W-30) 100% synthetic
    2. ZIC A+ (5W-20) or (5W-30) 100% synthetic

I was aiming to use zic xq 5w40 but my neighbour insisted on the above two options as he says that zic xq 5w40 is fully synthetic and not a wise option for my car.
    I am seeking the maximum fuel economy and the best acceleration and performance. Please recommend me an oil from these options ONLY for an all year use in Karachi. I am a resident of Karachi. I will be very grateful to you all. I expect an informative and supportive response since I am new to PW and this is my first post. I am also attaching a snapshot of the oil grades and temperature coverage from my civic's owners manual. Plus plz also tell me the difference between 100% synthetic and fully synthetic oils? ZIC mentions zic a+ and zic 0W as 100% synthetic and zic xq as fully synthetic. What is the difference? Is it just a marketing gimmick??? and is zic a+ 5w20 or 5w30??? I have seen both of these viscosities at a shop nearby

Regards,
    Ayan Siddiqui

Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tintin 1 Thanks alot for your feed back !
    So if I make the chamber sealed and the oil reduction is still there then?
    and should i switch back to my previous oil i.e 10w 40 ?
    Or i should I sue the same 20w50 which I hate the most.
    One more thing off the topic but would appreciate if someone resolves my issue, I did tappets tuning from Enarcon he adjusted my throttle and butterfly so that my RPM gets normal but after this tuning my car acceleration went worse, I did a Drag Race and my car was not going as fast as it was, on 120km/Hr in third 3rd gear it was not gaining speed as it gained in the past. The point is, is it because of tappets? I have 2005 civic Vti Oriel D15B. and am not sure is it a Dual stage V-tech or single can yoou suggest how to confirm that ? and from where I can get my tappets done ?
    If I want to swap B16 in 2005 civic what could be the flows or difficulties I can face ? and i don't want to lose Power steering and A.C, suggest briefly plz.
    Hats off to P.W
    Best regards.
    Usman Awan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List