Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ZainMahdi
  • 1 Post By jehanzebnasir
  • 1 Post By 4x4ali

Thread: which one to buy among Honda Civic 05-06 (VTI or EXI) AND (Manual or Auto)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default which one to buy among Honda Civic 05-06 (VTI or EXI) AND (Manual or Auto)

Dear All,
    Please help me to get a Honda Civic (05-06) considering below;
    VTI or EXI ?
    Manual or Auto ?
    Max price should be ?
    Fuel economy ?
    Resale ?
    Any other thing u want to mention...... Please sort it out for me. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

_ VTi has the better engine; it has a 3-stage vtec. If you don't want a VTi, a Corolla XLi or a GLi would be a better choice.

_ As for the transmission, it depends on how much you travel. If you mostly drive at high speeds on GT road and the motorways, automatic would be the better choice. It has a taller final drive; the revs will be lower, and the engine will be quieter at high speeds.

_ If you can handle it, the manual would be better in the city for fuel economy.

_Without any special driving techniques, expect 10 in the city for the prosmatic, and 11 for the manual, without A/C.

_ If you are willing to learn, even the prosmatic will give excellent fuel economy. Check my signature.

_ My dad got his Civic (2003 VTi Oriel Prosmatic UG) back in 2010 for 950k, 80k driven. Apparently, it was "total genuine, non accidented". A year later, it was revealed to be a lie; the right side paint had faded. A mechanic later told us that this car was accidented on the right side, and he had worked on it himself.

_ So, when buying such an old car, never trust anyone who uses words like "total genuine", "outclass condition", "alhamdullilah no need for maintenance, just buy and drive".

_Other members can guide about its resale. Its nothing outstanding, especially if the car is in a poor condition.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for anything with low mileage in original condition, total genuine in excellent condition should cost you somewhere between 10 to 11 lac depending on condition and varient.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Either EXI Prosmatec or VTI Oriel Prosmatec.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but why people prefer VTI over EXI? Also, which version is best on CNG?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ranasb View Post
    Dear All,
    Please help me to get a Honda Civic (05-06) considering below;
    VTI or EXI ?
    Manual or Auto ?
    Max price should be ?
    Fuel economy ?
    Resale ?
    Any other thing u want to mention...... Please sort it out for me. Thanks
    EXi & Manual is much economical and reliable. Best on CNG

VTi & auto more powerful, luxury, more equipment ABS Sunroof etc, complex and expensive to maintain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought a 2003 Civic EXi manual, three years back, 118k driven honda 3S maintained, total genuine except rear bumper and totally driven on petrol, although our first preference was to get SE Saloon due to rough and tough suspension, but this car was hard to resist, got it for 940k, installed new rims and tyres and CNG as well. (Not for Sale)

Till to date its driven 196k, thoroughly maintained by Honda 3S, it gives 12-12.5 in city, I live near bahria town, mostly drive is around 70-80 km/h. On long route without AC gives 16-16.5 @ 100-110 km/h, came back from Multan last night, using OEM recommended 10W-30 oil, change interval 3500 kms.

Whichever you get in pristine condition go for it, preferable to avoid prosmatec as people dont change its gear oil and you need to overhual transmission later.

Civic Suspension is costly, I put new OEM front shocks and bushings for 35k. So get the suspension properly checked.

Mostly 05-06 Civic now adays are outer showered so its very difficult to get a genuine vehicle.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for the VTi regardless of transmission though i would advice you to go for the manual if u dont mind the hassle. i own a Vti prosmatec 05 and its driven arnd 160k. no workshop visits but the gear gives a jerk in the change and i asked the honda mechanic what the problem was. he told me that most of the cars in pakistan have been driven on CNG(so was mine at one time) and it messes with the transmission arnd 150k it starts jerking on gear changes and eventually gives out. costs arnd 80k from honda to get a new one. hes been telling me from 1 year that it would give out in the winters but its been the second one and it seems to be working great. had to get a new suspension and shocks recently other than that the car is very reliable, even in heavy rains in lahore it went through deep waters( bonnet high). thank god never shut down.
    my brother owns a EXi prosmatec, he is not very satisfied. he says the engine feels underpowered when ure driving to murree with 5 people and a boot full of stuff. Exi manual is not that bad when it comes to engine but id still opt for the VTi. the engines responsiveness is really good according to engine size.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List