Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CIVIC REBORN Power steering and cabin noise issue.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation CIVIC REBORN Power steering and cabin noise issue.

Hi guys! Few days back I have just bought Civic reborn 2007. I am facing following issues, if you guys please share your expertise.

1- Whenever I rotate steering, it creates sound like (hmmm). While in neutral if steering is rotated it not only sounds like that but also rpm accelerates. I also checked another reborn of same model, there was no noise. Even at speed of 30-40 kms it sounds while taking turn. May be at higher speeds it sounds, but I could not noticed. There is no seepage or leakage in whole engine room included power steering system top to down. One mechanic told me that it is due to power steering pump and it needs to be replaced.

2- At high speed after 50 kms I feel clear noise in cabin, as speed reduces noise also reduces. Someone told me that, it may be due to wheel bearing or silencer kit needs to be checked. I make its silencer checked, there is no issue in silencer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by malik83pk View Post
    Hi guys! Few days back I have just bought Civic reborn 2007. I am facing following issues, if you guys please share your expertise.

1- Whenever I rotate steering, it creates sound like (hmmm). While in neutral if steering is rotated it not only sounds like that but also rpm accelerates. I also checked another reborn of same model, there was no noise. Even at speed of 30-40 kms it sounds while taking turn. May be at higher speeds it sounds, but I could not noticed. There is no seepage or leakage in whole engine room included power steering system top to down. One mechanic told me that it is due to power steering pump and it needs to be replaced.

2- At high speed after 50 kms I feel clear noise in cabin, as speed reduces noise also reduces. Someone told me that, it may be due to wheel bearing or silencer kit needs to be checked. I make its silencer checked, there is no issue in silencer.
    Bro 1st symptoms check your power steering motor and belt.

For 2nd check wheel bearings all 4 and hubs too.

Both are expensive items u should have checked before buying. What price u paid for car ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Check the power steering fuild low oil level make hmmming sound

Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

only use genuine honda power steering fluid even for top up, the rpms increasing on turning while standing is normal nothing to worry about that. even if it makes a sloth hum you can flush the fluid and replace with genuine honda fluid as previous owner may have at some point used a different fluid or topped up and now the steering pump is effected. its easy to check for wheel bearings, jack the tyres up and rate them with your ear close to hub, if you hear noise then your bearings need to be changed.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noomanghori View Post
    Bro 1st symptoms check your power steering motor and belt.

For 2nd check wheel bearings all 4 and hubs too.

Both are expensive items u should have checked before buying. What price u paid for car ?
    Thanks bro. How to check power steering motor and belt.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    only use genuine honda power steering fluid even for top up, the rpms increasing on turning while standing is normal nothing to worry about that. even if it makes a sloth hum you can flush the fluid and replace with genuine honda fluid as previous owner may have at some point used a different fluid or topped up and now the steering pump is effected. its easy to check for wheel bearings, jack the tyres up and rate them with your ear close to hub, if you hear noise then your bearings need to be changed.
    Thanks brother. I will try it and let it know

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List