Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Urgent advice required- Best battery for civic 1.6 vti oriel automatic 1999 model

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Urgent advice required- Best battery for civic 1.6 vti oriel automatic 1999 model

Hello to all PW's.

Hope you are fine.

As title suggest I need quick advice from experts for best battery for my car civic 99 1.6 vti oriel automatic. My car battery fb is now weak after 3 years of usage and now need replacing.

I am more incline towards VOLTA MF battery because Bosh, Hankook and AC DELCO are mostly here fake or have old stock and too expensive. So big No to imported batteries.

I went to one battery shop, he said VOLTA MF 12v-68amp is best for your car. Is this right ratting for battery for my car or I need some higher rating amperage battery such as 90amp?

Also what is difference between L and R in MF batteries?

I go through VOLTA webise and found some models of MF batteries, can any one here tell us about amperage rating of each batteries listed there in VOLTA Website?

Volta Batteries | A product of Pakistan Accumulators Pvt. Ltd.

Please @Xulfiqar help me to choose best amperage battery which supports my alternator rating as well.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@HellsGuardian @Xulfiqar @margallar

Update: Bought VOLTA MF 12V-50AMP Fresh battery from main dealer.

Higher amp batteries such 60amp or 68amp cannot fit on my car due to large size of battery that can't place on oem battery plate which is smaller in size and 50amp battery fit exactly on battery plate.

Now I wana ask from experts VOLTA MF 12V-50AMP is best-means battery will not overload during ac running, car stereo or when headlights and other applications are on at the same time, for my car civic 99 vti oriel automatic?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    @HellsGuardian @Xulfiqar @margallar

Update: Bought VOLTA MF 12V-50AMP Fresh battery from main dealer.

Higher amp batteries such 60amp or 68amp cannot fit on my car due to large size of battery that can't place on oem battery plate which is smaller in size and 50amp battery fit exactly on battery plate.

Now I wana ask from experts VOLTA MF 12V-50AMP is best-means battery will not overload during ac running, car stereo or when headlights and other applications are on at the same time, for my car civic 99 vti oriel automatic?
    50/55A is the battery recommended for your car. Also when car is running, most of the load is on alternator and hence on engine, not on battery. If your alternator is good and engine does not drop rpm too low with AC then no need to worry about it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    50/55A is the battery recommended for your car. Also when car is running, most of the load is on alternator and hence on engine, not on battery. If your alternator is good and engine does not drop rpm too low with AC then no need to worry about it
    yes alternator is fine and providing voltage to charge the battery between 14v-14.5v. No rpm dropping issue so far.

Can you tell me how to check the new Volta MF battery either it is running good or not?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    yes alternator is fine and providing voltage to charge the battery between 14v-14.5v. No rpm dropping issue so far.

Can you tell me how to check the new Volta MF battery either it is running good or not?
    Sorry i don't have any experience for testing MF batteries. How much warranty did they gave? Battery shops have a device called load tester, you can use that periodically to get to know about its health. Be sure to confirm from someone experienced if load tester can be used to test MF batteries.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry i don't have any experience for testing MF batteries. How much warranty did they gave? Battery shops have a device called load tester, you can use that periodically to get to know about its health. Be sure to confirm from someone experienced if load tester can be used to test MF batteries.
    MF batteries have eye to check battery condition. I think it is another way to check battery condition from eye colors.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasim625 View Post
    Scales? I thought a hydrometer is a scale to measure SG isn't it?
    scales = tarazoo..

SG = specific gravity.

specific gravity universal control constant is water which has 1.000 SG - meaning 1000 ml of water = 1 kg of weight

so if you want to test the SG of electrolyte you can do it when preparing the 5 or 6 litres of it - get a plastic container bottle with measurement marks and weight it - note the empty weight now fill with exactly 1 litre of electrolyte and weigh again.

after subtraction of the empty weight you should have a weight of 1270 grams from 1 litre of electrolyte. That is SG of 1.270.

Its very basic school level physics.

the problem with the stupid hydrometer the shops have is that it may show a really silly reading as these shops never actually test it - infact I dont think the shops even know what SG actually means - all they know is the word "grevitee" - and that is checked by a "toob"
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The same load and capacitance tester can be used for any sort of SLI (starting, lighting, ignition) type battery whether its lead calcium or lead antimony.

The problem with lead calcium batteries is the charging voltage, it requires more than 15V to start bubbling (full charging) which your japanese car voltage regulator is not capable of.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

9. 18-03-2015, 07:21 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    inappropriate

10. 18-03-2015, 07:45 PM
    uiv

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    inappropriate

11. 18-03-2015, 08:10 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    inappropriate

12. 18-03-2015, 08:32 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    inappropriate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MODS

Please close this thread, it is no more productive. I request you please ban permanently @Xulfiqar , @uiv and people like them that are responsible for amusing me and mine character as well.

14. 18-03-2015, 08:45 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    inappropriate

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List