Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help Required 1988 civic intank Fuel pump

Hi everyone
    I have 1988 honda civic which I recently bought have the engine and all suspension, brake parts replaced with newer model civic exi 1500cc. But still running carburetor as I am comfortable with it. The problem I want to install a intank fuel pump just like 1988 Accord. Currently it is running on Chinese inline fuel pump which is not very reliable. Can guru's of civic guide which intank fuel pump will fit in its tank where I can get it done in Karachi and what it will cost me.

Regards
    Arbab
    My Rides Honda Accord 1984, Honda Civic 1988 and Toyota Pixis Space 2012

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hawke100 View Post
    Hi everyone
    I have 1988 honda civic which I recently bought have the engine and all suspension, brake parts replaced with newer model civic exi 1500cc. But still running carburetor as I am comfortable with it. The problem I want to install a intank fuel pump just like 1988 Accord. Currently it is running on Chinese inline fuel pump which is not very reliable. Can guru's of civic guide which intank fuel pump will fit in its tank where I can get it done in Karachi and what it will cost me.

Regards
    Arbab

Hi

The low pressure electric fuel pump installed in the old accords with carby engines is a very rare pump to find in Pakistan - it was also called Alto 660 taxi pump (as they failed most because taxi drivers used to drive with less than 1/4 tank petrol)

It would also not be usable in your engine as the Accord fuel pump can generate a maximum pressure of 4 psi - while your fuel injected (as you claim it being an EXi) engine requires 45 psi pressure in the rail to start and run.

If you are mistaken about the fuel injection part and you have a carby engine then all D Honda engines with carby had a mechanical fuel pump on the engine which is very reliable itself - you dont need to install any other fuel pump.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks @Xulfiqar basically I had used head/block assembly of an 98Exi but used my carb intake, exhaust headers and my old dizzy. Since its not EFi now ,there is no fuel rail and no place to put mechanical pump. .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hawke100 View Post
    Thanks @Xulfiqar basically I had used head/block assembly of an 98Exi but used my carb intake, exhaust headers and my old dizzy. Since its not EFi now ,there is no fuel rail and no place to put mechanical pump. .
    oh thats pretty bad.

The old carby accord intank fuel pump is very rare to find in Pakistan now, it used to cost Rs 4000/- in 2003 or 2004. Try the market for an Alto 660 taxi fuel pump. The market knows that pump better than the accord as 1 out of 5000 failed in accord and 1 out of 100 failed in the alto taxi because the taxi operators used to run it at less than 1/4 tank.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks I got the idea, I found a lead on a guy in magazine line which repairs fuel tanks he had said the he has done conversions time to take out the tank and over to him. will let you know how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List