0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda civic rear windscreen help required

Salam everyone, I needed advice with regards to my 2002 civic rear windscreen the problem is that I had to get my rear windscreen replaced after the original one shattered, I used a chinese first copy windscreen and had it installed from plaza the problem is that even after reinstalling twice I get loads of wind noise in the car even from speeds of 40 kmph . I called honda drive inn and quaideen both quoted price of new windcreen with installation around 20k the y said they will change moulding and etc . So my question is it worth it are the 3s dealers better and is there a better alternate / ustaad that can install the windscreen properly or once the factory windscreen is gone there isn't anything that can be done

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is worth it. There are some parts you should not try experimenting with. Just find a good reference who can get you a discount on the parts/ job. And visit multiple 3S dealerships. The other option is to get genuine OEM windscreen from reputable source outside and get the job done from 3S.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    It is worth it. There are some parts you should not try experimenting with. Just find a good reference who can get you a discount on the parts/ job. And visit multiple 3S dealerships. The other option is to get genuine OEM windscreen from reputable source outside and get the job done from 3S.
    Thankyou for your reply , and have u had a similar experience in ur past too

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Had a 1997 Honda Civic. Lots of scratches on the windscreen. Visible easily during the day and even more during night. Tried everything, they did not go away. bought a slightly used but genuine windscreen and got it fixed from a reputable workshop. Water started coming in when it would rain or during wash. Took it back to workshop and they removed/re-installed it again. This time for good. Then the used windscreen started to show its real age with lots of scratches. It would also feel at high speeds as if wind was getting inside the cabin. Frustrated, went to Honda 3S in Karachi, got OEM windscreen and installed by them. Didn't notice anything afterwards. Smooth sailing till selling of the car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Had a 1997 Honda Civic. Lots of scratches on the windscreen. Visible easily during the day and even more during night. Tried everything, they did not go away. bought a slightly used but genuine windscreen and got it fixed from a reputable workshop. Water started coming in when it would rain or during wash. Took it back to workshop and they removed/re-installed it again. This time for good. Then the used windscreen started to show its real age with lots of scratches. It would also feel at high speeds as if wind was getting inside the cabin. Frustrated, went to Honda 3S in Karachi, got OEM windscreen and installed by them. Didn't notice anything afterwards. Smooth sailing till selling of the car.
    Thanks , ur words have helped alot, I also believe in using OEM products especially when it comes to suspension and engine components. I suppose it's time to break the piggy bank ☺

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay, just checked up with a friend in Honda 3S (Parts Section). He advised to get OEM new from outside the market and get it installed at Honda 3S. Just like I told you before. You will save money and workmanship will be as per your satisfaction Inshallah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay, just checked up with a friend in Honda 3S (Parts Section). He advised to get OEM new from outside the market and get it installed at Honda 3S. Just like I told you before. You will save money and workmanship will be as per your satisfaction Inshallah.
    Can you please guide where I can get OEM windscreen from outside as at Plaza I couldn't find one and then there is always the matter of people lying abt their products

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is some large store (Corner) opposite Suzuki POLAD in Karachi. I feel you might get lucky over there. DOnt know its name or contact number.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is some large store (Corner) opposite Suzuki POLAD in Karachi. I feel you might get lucky over there. DOnt know its name or contact number.
    Thankyou

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List