Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic CF4 Fuel Consumption Issue

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all will be doing well. I have a strange automotive issue to share here and I hope all of you can suggest something better to resolve it.

I have a CF4 Civic 2004 prosmatic very carefully kept and timely maintained like oil changes, filters, plugs and tune ups etc. But its fuel consumption is almost like 1KZ FJ90 Cruiser 6-7km/l. Therefore I decided many times to sell it and buy the FJ again, however I would like to give it a last try that if there is any solution to increase the fuel efficiency again.

The existing engine setup is as follows:

Original main block was D16W9 (The one comes in PKDM Civics) but now changed to D15B (JDM) afterwards because of broken timing belt`s damage to entire assembly.

Transmission is also replaced with one taken off from D17 (same number of speeds)
    Rest all setup is stock like ECU etc.

My acceleration pattern is very soft that I mostly drive within 2000-2500 Rpms
    Regarding the fuel, I understand that many of the fuel pumps does not give the full quantity, that is why I only get my tank filled from very specific and well reputed petrol pumps i.e. (Caltex DHA-Y Block Lhr).

Few months before I use to get precisely almost 9-10 Km plus in city with and without AC but now it hardly gives 7-7.5 Km/l in city without AC.

I have done following things many times for the tune-up and other precautionary measures:

TPS Sensor Adjustment 4.49 - 4.50
    Throttle body cleaning
    Butterfly gap is still intact
    Idle control valves works properly to maintain the RPMs on stock level.
    Appropriate plugs
    Appropriate Oil grade
    Air filter etc etc

Previously someone suggested me to turn off the V-techs by taking solenoid`s grip off but that didn?t worked as well.

I will really appreciate if you guys can come up with best possible idea/solution as I really want to keep this car with me. Many Thanks

Note: For any more technical info please feel free to ask.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Koi hai Allah ka banda?
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have same civic with d17a nd manual transmittion nd that thing dont go above 10-11kmpl on avg with shifts under 2k RPM in islamabad city nd these model prosmatics in real world do around 8-10kmpl depending upone traffic and driving style. For prosmatics 8 kmpl is with average driving style and 9-10 with soft foot nd hypermiling ...hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umairhamza View Post
    Koi hai Allah ka banda?
    Sab Allah ke bande he ha bahi.
    @Xulfiqar correct me if i am wrong in following.

1. You have intake Manifold and Injectors for D16. It could be different from D15 ones
    2. Your ECU is not based on O2 it works on MAPS given to it at time of manufacturing so it cant tell if you are running Rich.
    3. Make sure you are not having Vac Leak because you swapped it so it needs through check up
    4. You face jerks in transmission because there is difference in Torque VS Rpm curve in D16 and D17 so transmissions vary according to that
    5. You cant Swap JDM CF ECU with current one because there is some difference as that i have heard and it will require O2 to be installed.

What you can do

1. Install D15 Injectors or preferably Intake Manifold
    2. Use that MAP Manipulation device that i made it for you lets configure it once again.
    3. Your Exhaust is Rich which means that its consuming more than normal fuel, One cause can be high fuel pump pressure. Get it tested.

These are my 20 cents others may enlighten us more
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Sab Allah ke bande he ha bahi.
    @Xulfiqar correct me if i am wrong in following.

1. You have intake Manifold and Injectors for D16. It could be different from D15 ones
    2. Your ECU is not based on O2 it works on MAPS given to it at time of manufacturing so it cant tell if you are running Rich.
    3. Make sure you are not having Vac Leak because you swapped it so it needs through check up
    4. You face jerks in transmission because there is difference in Torque VS Rpm curve in D16 and D17 so transmissions vary according to that
    5. You cant Swap JDM CF ECU with current one because there is some difference as that i have heard and it will require O2 to be installed.

What you can do

1. Install D15 Injectors or preferably Intake Manifold
    2. Use that MAP Manipulation device that i made it for you lets configure it once again.
    3. Your Exhaust is Rich which means that its consuming more than normal fuel, One cause can be high fuel pump pressure. Get it tested.

These are my 20 cents others may enlighten us more
    Do you really think so that Injectors will make any difference as block size difference is very slight as compare to the previous main assembly.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List