11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Rear tyre worn in honda civic

I have a Civic 2014 model with Yokohama DB tyres, on 20,000 Km in honda gateway i was surprised when balancing guy told me that your rear tyres are more worn than fron tyres so i wont swap them according to book on my request.

on first he told me that this is a misalignment fault but upon checking alignment of rear tyres no deviation found, his opinion later was "its due to wrong air tyre pressure" whereas i am using my own portable air pressure pump and checking almost every week!!

can someone explain why tyres worn only on 20k and why only rear tyres ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Abd008 View Post
    I have a Civic 2014 model with Yokohama DB tyres, on 20,000 Km in honda gateway i was surprised when balancing guy told me that your rear tyres are more worn than fron tyres so i wont swap them according to book on my request.

on first he told me that this is a misalignment fault but upon checking alignment of rear tyres no deviation found, his opinion later was "its due to wrong air tyre pressure" whereas i am using my own portable air pressure pump and checking almost every week!!

can someone explain why tyres worn only on 20k and why only rear tyres ??
    Maybe someone took your car for drifting without you knowing
    on a serious note, take a few pictures of the tires and the rear of the car please, it would help us evade the obvious

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all you should check and correct the wheel alignment of both front and rear sides. Then always make a habit to do tire rotation after every 10000 km i.e, install front tires to rear suspension and rear tires to front suspension. As the front tires are usually under more stress as these carry the load of engine and also these move right and left for steering so these are more vulnerable to wear and tear. If you do regular tire rotation then you may overall increase the tires life by 3 times.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wheel alignment is perfect, car is new only 20k driven, no accident. no drifting :-)

My own observation is my car is driven mostly 90% only one person (my self), is any relation of it to rear tyre wear?

Note: this wear is not something veryyyyyy abnormal, actually it is 19/20 differ from front, but what amazed and astonished me that these are rear tyres (whereas normally its vice versa)

hope this time i explained well :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Abd008 View Post
    Wheel alignment is perfect, car is new only 20k driven, no accident. no drifting :-)

My own observation is my car is driven mostly 90% only one person (my self), is any relation of it to rear tyre wear?

Note: this wear is not something veryyyyyy abnormal, actually it is 19/20 differ from front, but what amazed and astonished me that these are rear tyres (whereas normally its vice versa)

hope this time i explained well :-)
    This can happen based on driving style and terrain, but nonetheless, it is weird that the rare ones worn out quicker then the front

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List