Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar
  • 2 Post By Xulfiqar
  • 1 Post By capsat

Thread: Why My Car Heat Up on Long Route?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Why My Car Heat Up on Long Route?

Assalamualaikum

i have Civic 1984 Model Recently i change its Radiator Fan and Install bigger fan Radiator already serviced properly.

it is Decreasing Water a little. and in city it remains cool while on the long routes it becomes heating up. after the speed of 90-100km/h

One more thing when i put water in Radiator the Water is stay on mouth of radiator when i press Radiator pipe the water goes down then i put some more water in it.until it is full.

Any Experience persontell me where and what is the problem?

SOLUTION

How?
    do not remove the thermostat valve, it was put into the design for a reason, also do not use plain water, coolant was put into the design for a reason too.

the thermostat ensures a "minimum" of 80C operating temperature on the engine, the coolant ensures that the engine is protected against corrosive nature of water as cooling medium.

The engine does trap air in the top part - honda has provided a bleeder bolt for this engine which is located at the top of the coolant outlet on the cylinder head, use it.

✸(っ◕‿◕)っBut my passion is racing cars. It's what I like to do in my off time(っ◕‿◕)っ✸

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your system has air in it, and please dont use plain water in it. You will be in a hell of a lot of pain if you do.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    your system has air in it, and please dont use plain water in it. You will be in a hell of a lot of pain if you do.
    you mean bro i just use Coolant to resolve my problem? isn't it?
    ✸(っ◕‿◕)っBut my passion is racing cars. It's what I like to do in my off time(っ◕‿◕)っ✸

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is the solution? What are the signs is air is trapped inside? How to remove that air?
    What is the function of T valve? Is it wise to remove it?
    You talk about Democracy when you give me the right to VOTE !! This current "Democracy" is a SHAM ~ from Karachi...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

do not remove the thermostat valve, it was put into the design for a reason, also do not use plain water, coolant was put into the design for a reason too.

the thermostat ensures a "minimum" of 80C operating temperature on the engine, the coolant ensures that the engine is protected against corrosive nature of water as cooling medium.

The engine does trap air in the top part - honda has provided a bleeder bolt for this engine which is located at the top of the coolant outlet on the cylinder head, use it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For traped air in mehran?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when engine is warm to touch & the TOP radiator hose is soft remove the radiator cap put it on dashboard, for over night. In morning do not forget to place the radiator cap before starting engine. trapped air in cooling system will escape & coolant level in radiator will drop over night @Xulfiqar @syncview
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even after removing the T valve the water boils after long runs. But the Temp gauge shows normal (Its Functioning properly). After shutting off the engine the radiator bottle starts overflowing and a glass of water/coolant is lost. After couple of hours the water gets sucked back into the radiator and the bottle gets empty. I dont know how to get the problem solved. Have even changed the radiator.
    You talk about Democracy when you give me the right to VOTE !! This current "Democracy" is a SHAM ~ from Karachi...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

People definitely need to get out of their fantasy world where they think water could actually solve everything! WRONG!

in order for radiator to work properly, coolant is the one that helps in it!

Put a proper coolant and make sure check all the pipes around in it for no leakage or cuts and then drive around in the highway if the issue persists again!
    R.I.P BABRUS ABBAS QAISER....will miss u bro....i got a memories but not u....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well brother according to this statement there is a potential that the thermostat might have rust(as you have been using water) on it and it affects its sensing ability....thus it reads false temperature and then triggers the other cooling components accordingly eg.fan....like you have said it shows normal temperature...but when engine turned off water starts boiling out...

so in my opinion you can give that thermostat a cleaning or replacement ....and then see what are the changes!!
    good luck

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well brother according to this statement there is a potential that the thermostat might have rust(as you have been using water) on it and it affects its sensing ability....thus it reads false temperature and then triggers the other cooling components accordingly....like you have said it shows normal temperature...but when engine turned off water starts boiling out...

so in my opinion you can give that thermostat a cleaning or replacement ....and then see what are the changes!!
    good luck

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djrock900 View Post
    Even after removing the T valve the water boils after long runs. But the Temp gauge shows normal (Its Functioning properly). After shutting off the engine the radiator bottle starts overflowing and a glass of water/coolant is lost. After couple of hours the water gets sucked back into the radiator and the bottle gets empty. I dont know how to get the problem solved. Have even changed the radiator.
    change radiator cap

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djrock900 View Post
    when the engine gets hot - are the radiator pipes hard or soft? Do you hear bubbles or violent activity in the expansion tank?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think there are micro leaks in the system. The system sucks in air from these leaks when the cooling system gets to running temperature as the micro leaks expand and start to work.

Do you have an auto switch installed? If the system has micro leaks and the auto switch is installed which starts to work at 85C then system gets hot, micro leaks expand and suck in air which converts water into steam and then this steam forces its way out of the micro leaks and slowly and gradually water level comes down and down ... and KABOOM! Gasket is gone...

Apply 20 PSI (NOT BAR) pressure and you will find all leaks on a cold system. If you cannot do that then tear down the entire cooling system and the intake manifold and inspect peace by peace. In my honest opinion replace all water bodies and rubber and metal pipes and put in a new radiator and fix the intake manifold and you are good to go... If this doesn't solve the problem then maybe the head has a hair line crack that can be tested in a facility that mechanics know. Also if the car is running on water since 1984 then may be the freeze/welch plugs must be shot as well...

The intake manifold has a small plate installed under it which mechanics call tickli..it also gets rusty and eaten up with water. the inlet and outlet of intake manifold also gets eaten up with rust which can be repaired by radiator walas.

The bottom line is that water eats the entire cooling system and makes you regret dearly that why did you even put water there!

There is a reason why Honda puts a sticker on the inner side of bonnet that putting water in the cooling system will seriously compromise the engine life....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List