Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Civic 9th Gen - Modifications

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    xaadixhaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Civic 9th Gen - Modifications

    I'm searching for some advice related to civic 9th gen mods.
    My ride pictures are shared and I need someone to tell me what else I can do to keep my ride different from all the others


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    xaadixhaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1431787598.861106.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  280.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1431787620.317919.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  183.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1431787642.848542.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  146.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1431787655.738599.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  132.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1431787672.479107.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  105.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1431787685.667379.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  123.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1431787697.939458.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  150.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1431787719.167693.jpg
Views: 1242
Size:  162.4 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Bad_Cheetah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,935
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The 8th Gen still looks killer.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    VTI_5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    16
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Change the grill and get the one that comes in Civic Si, remove spoiler from rear glass, get it lowered, change the headlamps.
    Posted from a PC using taar kay bagher wala internet.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Bilalicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    3,289
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Looking pretty good man. You may want to lower it for better looks.
    How is the output of these aftermarket headlamps?
    What goes around, comes around.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    xaadixhaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The 8th Gen is love after all ❤️


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    xaadixhaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes I'm thinking to get it lowered. That's my next step.
    And the headlamps, the output is good. Although the low beam sucks because of projectors but the high one's great.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Every personal is an individual. If he likes individuality, his car would look different too. If not to others, it will to him. Your car will ultimately reflect your mind and taste after all. If you want that, be yourself and do what you like best for your ride.
    Opinion from me? Only one.....that happens to be somewhat non-cosmetic. I'll be concerned over the airflow passing through your existing front grill.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Bilalicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    3,289
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xaadixhaikh View Post
    Yes I'm thinking to get it lowered. That's my next step.
    And the headlamps, the output is good. Although the low beam sucks because of projectors but the high one's great.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    That's sad. Civic's projectors are on of the best I have seen. I would advise you to install a branded HID set in oem headlamps. Im using osram, razor sharp cut off and superb visibility.
    What goes around, comes around.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilalicious View Post
    That's sad. Civic's projectors are on of the best I have seen. I would advise you to install a branded HID set in oem headlamps. Im using osram, razor sharp cut off and superb visibility.
    Can you please share the light output/cutoff picture?
    And where can I get this specific set of osram,razor in Islamabad/rwp?



    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Bilalicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    3,289
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Can you please share the light output/cutoff picture?
    And where can I get this specific set of osram,razor in Islamabad/rwp?



    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Will take some pics and share...
    What goes around, comes around.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Bilalicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    3,289
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    @Sk_KingpiN
    Took some. Should have taken one inside the garage too for that close up of cut off. Anyhoo here you go:
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    What goes around, comes around.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilalicious View Post
    @Sk_KingpiN
    Took some. Should have taken one inside the garage too for that close up of cut off. Anyhoo here you go:
    Awesome results. Sharp cutoff. 10/10.
    Please share the brand and wattage of hids and from where you got them installed?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Bilalicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    3,289
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Awesome results. Sharp cutoff. 10/10.
    Please share the brand and wattage of hids and from where you got them installed?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Thank you. Osram Xenarc HIDs. Color temp 4300k,35watts. Installed these myself. Needed a plastic grip to convert my set from 9005 to H11.
    Install is easy peasy, just tc while handling the bulbs. Bought these from a fellow pakwheeler.
    Will post pics of the box later today.
    If you are from Isb/Rwp, you can get first hand experience of driving with these HIDs in my car
    What goes around, comes around.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilalicious View Post
    Thank you. Osram Xenarc HIDs. Color temp 4300k,35watts. Installed these myself. Needed a plastic grip to convert my set from 9005 to H11.
    Install is easy peasy, just tc while handling the bulbs. Bought these from a fellow pakwheeler.
    Will post pics of the box later today.
    If you are from Isb/Rwp, you can get first hand experience of driving with these HIDs in my car
    So nice of you bilal. I'm a bit occupied these days. Will surely get in touch once I get free. Would love to see those hids in person.

    I have some 5 Chinese xenon hid kits lying in my storeroom taken off from my vigo. I guess I just need 4300k temp bulbs to install them in civic. What do you think? Will Chinese ballasts work good enough to produce satisfactory results or close to the output which you are getting from Osram hids?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqgmbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,826
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    So nice of you bilal. I'm a bit occupied these days. Will surely get in touch once I get free. Would love to see those hids in person.

    I have some 5 Chinese xenon hid kits lying in my storeroom taken off from my vigo. I guess I just need 4300k temp bulbs to install them in civic. What do you think? Will Chinese ballasts work good enough to produce satisfactory results or close to the output which you are getting from Osram hids?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Chinese hid blasts cannot be compared with brands like Osram , Phillips,PIA etc
    If the ones you have A grade china hids then you can get satisfactory results.
    They Hate Us Because They Aint Us !

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Bilalicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    3,289
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    So nice of you bilal. I'm a bit occupied these days. Will surely get in touch once I get free. Would love to see those hids in person.

    I have some 5 Chinese xenon hid kits lying in my storeroom taken off from my vigo. I guess I just need 4300k temp bulbs to install them in civic. What do you think? Will Chinese ballasts work good enough to produce satisfactory results or close to the output which you are getting from Osram hids?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Sir i have used chinese ballasts and bulbs in the past in my previous cars but they are unreliable. Im not saying u wont get a decent cut-off. Its just that my ballasts would give up within 6months and bulbs within a year.
    I suggest u install them and consume all the sets u have. Hopefully by then, u might be able to arrange a genuine set from abroad.
    What goes around, comes around.

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @poster,
    In the light of all suggestions that you got, what have you done till now?
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Bilalicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    3,289
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Btw honda gives Sylvania bulbs in civic. From an OEM point of view, they are pretty decent.
    What goes around, comes around.

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilalicious View Post
    Sir i have used chinese ballasts and bulbs in the past in my previous cars but they are unreliable. Im not saying u wont get a decent cut-off. Its just that my ballasts would give up within 6months and bulbs within a year.
    I suggest u install them and consume all the sets u have. Hopefully by then, u might be able to arrange a genuine set from abroad.
    Alright. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •