Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Hello fellow Pakwheelers,

Starting a new thread after a very long gap of activity on Pakwheels and this time its about the factory fitted navigation system of 9th Gen Honda Civic.

I booked my Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatic with full options (Leather + Navigation) in early May 2015 and got it delivered the next day . Car is good Alhumdulilah but the igo3 navigation system it came with gradually started acting really wired until yesterday when it decided to go completely nuts. I read many threads about the problems faced by civic owners with the navigation unit provided by tracking world (TW) but the thing that made me wonder was that TW had good reputation / units in reborn and city aspire as i have personally used and witnessed their sound, video and compatibility in both the vehicles. The problems that started originating for me were:

1. Frequent loss of steering controls.
    2. Reverse camera sometimes decides to start automatically even when driving forward.
    3. Volume suddenly goes down from high to low automatically.
    4. Excessive beeps from the unit without a reason.
    5. Skipping of tracks when played with USB.
    6. USB interface often gets stuck and fails to recognize a USB flash drive attached.
    7. Delay time on startup.
    8. Delay time for cameras.
    9. Pathetic camera quality.
    10. Seriously Pathetic Sound quality.
    11. Failed outgoing phone calls.

These are the issues that ruined my driving experience especially after spending 70K for this crap unit. Additional issues are explained in detail here (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...stem-9th-civic). I however faced only the issues mentioned above.

Yesterday I gave a call to Tracking world and talked to their senior management about this pathetic unit and surprisingly they admitted but, blamed it on HONDA. The person on the other side briefed me that Honda pushed us to launch android based unit before the new Toyota Grande launch (which has a android based system) to compete in the market and we had to do it forcefully on a very short notice and without proper testing. He then told me that we have a brand new 2nd generation of android unit which has a full blown android system and has no issues at all what so ever. The specs (yet to be verified) of the new unit as described by the TW manger are:

a. Android 4.4.2 (Verified)
    b. Capacitative multi touch display (Verified)
    c. Processor: ARM Cortex A9 (Rockchip - RK3188) 32 bit. 2.2 Ghz Dual Core processor (Verified by Antutu)
    d. 1 GB Ram (Verified by Antutu)
    e. Total 16 Gb of Internal memory (4 Gb occupied by system + 12 Gb free for user) (Verified by Antutu)
    f. Full blown android system including Play store (Verified)
    g. Built-in Wifi (Verified)
    h. Full HD Display (Verified)

To cut it short, its a complete android tablet. I have tested it for more than 6 hours now and i can confirm that:

i. Wifi works flawlessly. I connected it with my wireless router at home.
    ii. Added my Google account and it synced all my emails, contacts etc.
    iii. Playstore is working and you can actually download apps and games etc.
    iv. Sound quality has improved 200 %. I can compare the difference easily. Its way better than the sound quality of reborn and aspire units. I'm not a sound fanatic but can differentiate between good and bad sound easily.
    v. It has an HD display which has definitely improved the display quality. Videos are stunning. You have to see it to believe it. I watched a few videos on daily motion
    vi. Steering controls are more responsive and there is no delay anymore.
    vii. The whole units starts within approx. 2 to 4 or 5 sec max. Back camera is engaged within a sec. no more delays in reversing.
    viii. There is a pre-installed app "easy connect". You can connect your android and iPhone through this app and control the phone from the unit's screen as if you are using the phone. Yet to try this thing out, sounds very interesting.
    ix. The whole experience is very fast and fluid without any hiccups. All apps open instantly and work like a charm.

A few members were confused on getting this system, so I thought to share my detailed experience and post my recommendations. I highly recommend this system. I shall try to post videos of it tomorrow In sha Allah in action so you can have an idea of its startup time, fluidity, speed and other issues. Please let me know what else you want to see on video . One thing I can clearly and rather proudly state is that it is far more superior in quality, speed and fluidity than the units coming with the new Toyota Corolla. I've used both the systems and i can compare easily.
    Here comes a few pictures for your delight. You can have a good idea of the HD quality display even from the pictures.

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mallhi View Post
    Hi bros!.....My Question is about Navigation system installed in my 2015 civic. I have read about problems n issues this device has. (poor sound quality and shity camera, and few other issues)... Tracking world claim their latest device is much improved one. Since my navigation is still under warranty so I called them today and talked about my old systems replacement. My car is one year old and has driven 21000km so its under warranty. Tracking world is asking for 30000 for replacement charges and they say they will reinstall new device along with new HD cameras. Now i need opinion is this right amount of money they are charging? Will it be worth the upgrade?
    Regards..
    Having had iGo3 system replacement and numerous visits to resolve never ending faults, bugs, etc, in both old and replacement units, I have only this to say:

Fool me once, shame on Tracking World,
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

If Honda offers alternates to Tracking World's 5hitty multimedia/nav units in new cars, I will go for it eyes closed. I have wasted too much energy and more importantly time trying to get 9th Gen unit's issues resolved without success. Scr3w you Tracking World!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    Having had iGo3 system replacement and numerous visits to resolve never ending faults, bugs, etc, in both old and replacement units, I have only this to say:

Fool me once, shame on Tracking World,
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

If Honda offers alternates to Tracking World's 5hitty multimedia/nav units in new cars, I will go for it eyes closed. I have wasted too much energy and more importantly time trying to get 9th Gen unit's issues resolved without success. Scr3w you Tracking World!
    Agreed 100% Bro! had it been any other country, they would have replaced the unit free of cost. M confused what to do. I had 8th gen Honda with navigation and beleive me that device never let me down. excellent sound quality as well as camera response and result. I have recently bought this 9th gen as used vehicle an m so disappointed to see the multimedia unit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post

Starting a new thread after a very long gap of activity on Pakwheels and this time its about the factory fitted navigation system of 9th Gen Honda Civic.

I booked my Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatic with full options (Leather + Navigation) in early May 2015 and got it delivered the next day . Car is good Alhumdulilah but the igo3 navigation system it came with gradually started acting really wired until yesterday when it decided to go completely nuts. I read many threads about the problems faced by civic owners with the navigation unit provided by tracking world (TW) but the thing that made me wonder was that TW had good reputation / units in reborn and city aspire as i have personally used and witnessed their sound, video and compatibility in both the vehicles. The problems that started originating for me were:

2. Reverse camera sometimes decides to start automatically even when driving forward.
    6. USB interface often gets stuck and fails to recognize a USB flash drive attached.

These are the issues that ruined my driving experience especially after spending 70K for this crap unit. Additional issues are explained in detail here (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...stem-9th-civic). I however faced only the issues mentioned above.

Yesterday I gave a call to Tracking world and talked to their senior management about this pathetic unit and surprisingly they admitted but, blamed it on HONDA. The person on the other side briefed me that Honda pushed us to launch android based unit before the new Toyota Grande launch (which has a android based system) to compete in the market and we had to do it forcefully on a very short notice and without proper testing. He then told me that we have a brand new 2nd generation of android unit which has a full blown android system and has no issues at all what so ever. The specs (yet to be verified) of the new unit as described by the TW manger are:

c. Processor: ARM Cortex A9 (Rockchip - RK3188) 32 bit. 2.2 Ghz Dual Core processor (Verified by Antutu)
    e. Total 16 Gb of Internal memory (4 Gb occupied by system + 12 Gb free for user) (Verified by Antutu)

To cut it short, its a complete android tablet. I have tested it for more than 6 hours now and i can confirm that:

iv. Sound quality has improved 200 %. I can compare the difference easily. Its way better than the sound quality of reborn and aspire units. I'm not a sound fanatic but can differentiate between good and bad sound easily.
    v. It has an HD display which has definitely improved the display quality. Videos are stunning. You have to see it to believe it. I watched a few videos on daily motion
    vii. The whole units starts within approx. 2 to 4 or 5 sec max. Back camera is engaged within a sec. no more delays in reversing.
    viii. There is a pre-installed app "easy connect". You can connect your android and iPhone through this app and control the phone from the unit's screen as if you are using the phone. Yet to try this thing out, sounds very interesting.
    ix. The whole experience is very fast and fluid without any hiccups. All apps open instantly and work like a charm.

A few members were confused on getting this system, so I thought to share my detailed experience and post my recommendations. I highly recommend this system. I shall try to post videos of it tomorrow In sha Allah in action so you can have an idea of its startup time, fluidity, speed and other issues. Please let me know what else you want to see on video . One thing I can clearly and rather proudly state is that it is far more superior in quality, speed and fluidity than the units coming with the new Toyota Corolla. I've used both the systems and i can compare easily.
    Here comes a few pictures for your delight. You can have a good idea of the HD quality display even from the pictures.

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.
    I saw this unit in an exhibition before it's launch. Even at the exhibition where they should have placed the best of the best, the unit had similar issues. Getting stuck on maps. Wont change cameras sometimes etc

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system. - 9e0404196498b1ef03192bda2940104f

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default TPMS in Navigation

[QUOTE=tausifs;4807246]Hello fellow Pakwheelers,

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.[/QUOTE

Salam,
    Do u have any idea what is tpms on the packing of navigation ,from where we can install this tpms on honda civic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Right Guys...Finally I upgraded my navigation system from Tracking World...I must say Dr. Tausif sb was right about it... Its a worth upgrade... Sound Quality has increased as well as other features. ..System is running flawlessly..controls response is very quick...no time lag when switching camers on....Paid them 30k but i must say its worth it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.
    How much do I have to pay to replace already installed android with three cameras.

Did you try obd2 app with Bluetooth connectivity

Sent from Galaxy Note 5
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any one can tell me what's the video file type supported by android 1st gen dvd navigation

Sent from Galaxy Note 5
    Ehtesham Bokhari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    Any one can tell me what's the video file type supported by android 1st gen dvd navigation

Sent from Galaxy Note 5
    Hey bro. were u able to update maps your iGo wince

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amarmak View Post
    Hey bro. were u able to update maps your iGo wince
    Yes.

Sent from Galaxy Note 5
    Ehtesham Bokhari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes.

Sent from Galaxy Note 5
    inboxed you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How to update mapss in this new system??? Anyideaa??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aahaid View Post
    How to update mapss in this new system??? Anyideaa??
    I updated maps through my laptop

Sent from Galaxy Note 5
    Ehtesham Bokhari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I updated maps through my laptop

Sent from Galaxy Note 5
    Of my reborn. I guess in Android you do it directly through Internet

Sent from Galaxy Note 5
    Ehtesham Bokhari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It doesnt have any option of updating......did any one updated maps on this new system???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aahaid View Post
    It doesnt have any option of updating......did any one updated maps on this new system???
    I will be going to tracking world office today or on Monday. Will ask them and will share here

Sent from Galaxy Note 5
    Ehtesham Bokhari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please also take a software update which enables to view songs folder wise and also map update..

Take them on usb so u can share..as they dnt normally give in usb and only install directly on your system...

Thanks alot

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone know how to update mapss in this new system and does anyone has software to update this system, to list songs in folder ??

If some one is able to get any updates from tracking world...?

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother need to know plz. Where i can find Navigation of Honda Civic 2014. Thanks
    I am from Pakistan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers