Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Hello fellow Pakwheelers,

Starting a new thread after a very long gap of activity on Pakwheels and this time its about the factory fitted navigation system of 9th Gen Honda Civic.

I booked my Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatic with full options (Leather + Navigation) in early May 2015 and got it delivered the next day . Car is good Alhumdulilah but the igo3 navigation system it came with gradually started acting really wired until yesterday when it decided to go completely nuts. I read many threads about the problems faced by civic owners with the navigation unit provided by tracking world (TW) but the thing that made me wonder was that TW had good reputation / units in reborn and city aspire as i have personally used and witnessed their sound, video and compatibility in both the vehicles. The problems that started originating for me were:

1. Frequent loss of steering controls.
    2. Reverse camera sometimes decides to start automatically even when driving forward.
    3. Volume suddenly goes down from high to low automatically.
    4. Excessive beeps from the unit without a reason.
    5. Skipping of tracks when played with USB.
    6. USB interface often gets stuck and fails to recognize a USB flash drive attached.
    7. Delay time on startup.
    8. Delay time for cameras.
    9. Pathetic camera quality.
    10. Seriously Pathetic Sound quality.
    11. Failed outgoing phone calls.

These are the issues that ruined my driving experience especially after spending 70K for this crap unit. Additional issues are explained in detail here (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...stem-9th-civic). I however faced only the issues mentioned above.

Yesterday I gave a call to Tracking world and talked to their senior management about this pathetic unit and surprisingly they admitted but, blamed it on HONDA. The person on the other side briefed me that Honda pushed us to launch android based unit before the new Toyota Grande launch (which has a android based system) to compete in the market and we had to do it forcefully on a very short notice and without proper testing. He then told me that we have a brand new 2nd generation of android unit which has a full blown android system and has no issues at all what so ever. The specs (yet to be verified) of the new unit as described by the TW manger are:

a. Android 4.4.2 (Verified)
    b. Capacitative multi touch display (Verified)
    c. Processor: ARM Cortex A9 (Rockchip - RK3188) 32 bit. 2.2 Ghz Dual Core processor (Verified by Antutu)
    d. 1 GB Ram (Verified by Antutu)
    e. Total 16 Gb of Internal memory (4 Gb occupied by system + 12 Gb free for user) (Verified by Antutu)
    f. Full blown android system including Play store (Verified)
    g. Built-in Wifi (Verified)
    h. Full HD Display (Verified)

To cut it short, its a complete android tablet. I have tested it for more than 6 hours now and i can confirm that:

i. Wifi works flawlessly. I connected it with my wireless router at home.
    ii. Added my Google account and it synced all my emails, contacts etc.
    iii. Playstore is working and you can actually download apps and games etc.
    iv. Sound quality has improved 200 %. I can compare the difference easily. Its way better than the sound quality of reborn and aspire units. I'm not a sound fanatic but can differentiate between good and bad sound easily.
    v. It has an HD display which has definitely improved the display quality. Videos are stunning. You have to see it to believe it. I watched a few videos on daily motion
    vi. Steering controls are more responsive and there is no delay anymore.
    vii. The whole units starts within approx. 2 to 4 or 5 sec max. Back camera is engaged within a sec. no more delays in reversing.
    viii. There is a pre-installed app "easy connect". You can connect your android and iPhone through this app and control the phone from the unit's screen as if you are using the phone. Yet to try this thing out, sounds very interesting.
    ix. The whole experience is very fast and fluid without any hiccups. All apps open instantly and work like a charm.

A few members were confused on getting this system, so I thought to share my detailed experience and post my recommendations. I highly recommend this system. I shall try to post videos of it tomorrow In sha Allah in action so you can have an idea of its startup time, fluidity, speed and other issues. Please let me know what else you want to see on video . One thing I can clearly and rather proudly state is that it is far more superior in quality, speed and fluidity than the units coming with the new Toyota Corolla. I've used both the systems and i can compare easily.
    Here comes a few pictures for your delight. You can have a good idea of the HD quality display even from the pictures.

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, the RAM is 1GB, not 2GB. And the display is not FHD. Please correct in main post.

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    As per request of @shoby80
    Results of Antutu. Specs have been verified and updated on the main post as well. Thank you @shoby80 for the suggestion.

Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system -1580228Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system -1580229Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system -1580230Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system -1580231Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system -1580232
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's cool .... Now everything is verified...

Now I went to TW today... This units are still not readily available in Karachi. But the guy at TW assured me to install it when it will be in stock most likely 1-2 weeks from today.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnanSJfayaz View Post
    Salam. I have the igo3 system and I have talked to Tracking World. Will be getting this installed next week InshAllah. Please tell me if there is still any difference in the music output when music is being played through a USB or a DVD. The output through USB was appalling in the igo3 system.
    Great. You should definitely get it. There is hell of a difference. The music I played in the video was from a USB and while you can only judge the quality from the video, you can trust my verdict on it. Havent tried the CD/DVD yet as I dont use CDs anymore. However, I can alos confirm the sound quality of bluetooth music. Everything is perfectly working fine.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shoby80 View Post
    It's cool .... Now everything is verified...

Now I went to TW today... This units are still not readily available in Karachi. But the guy at TW assured me to install it when it will be in stock most likely 1-2 weeks from today.
    Units are currently short as they are mainly being supplied to Honda Atlas plant for new civics. It wasent available here too but I guess my "khup" and "attitude" of an annoyed customer worked
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Sir, the RAM is 1GB, not 2GB. And the display is not FHD. Please correct in main post.
    Thanks for pointing out @RollOnBigMaMa. Rectified. Didnt get the display part correctly. What do you want me to correct for the display? Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Listening to "grande" in a civic. lol nice
    Lolz. La Grande Soundtrack. Trust me........ it has nothing to do with Toyota Grande
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how are rock mars and delson systems??? I dnt have that much money to spend on tracking world..which one is better??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aahaid View Post
    how are rock mars and delson systems??? I dnt have that much money to spend on tracking world..which one is better??
    Dont have an idea about delson. Had Rockmars in my Corolla. It was average....... not that bad. It never gave me a problem.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for pointing out @RollOnBigMaMa. Rectified. Didnt get the display part correctly. What do you want me to correct for the display? Appreciated.

Lolz. La Grande Soundtrack. Trust me........ it has nothing to do with Toyota Grande
    You mentioned Full HD display, this display is only 1024x600 pixels.

And yes, my reference was towards Ariana Grande's song "One less problem without you"
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

reverse camera and touch is not that responsive and quick like any new model android mobile phone......this device needs more improvement......if i was in your place i will wait for better version of this device

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zain_khan1 View Post
    reverse camera and touch is not that responsive and quick like any new model android mobile phone......this device needs more improvement......if i was in your place i will wait for better version of this device
    Nothing can be perfect as long as it is android driven. I have a galaxy note 4 with latest lollipop 5.0.1. Even it has a list of daily usage bugs. With context to your post.......... many a times note 4 camera gets stuck and sometimes the shutter button won't work. Do you want me to go on?
    In my personal opinion iOS is the only somewhat stable solution. I think you should wait for Apple Inc. to release that........if they even have a plan for that 😜

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i got ROCKmars with navigation and front camera....its camera is responsive.. fast.. navigation is also good...sound quality is alright not that great....but for low budge its worth it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nothing can be perfect as long as it is android driven. I have a galaxy note 4 with latest lollipop 5.0.1. Even it has a list of daily usage bugs. With context to your post.......... many a times note 4 camera gets stuck and sometimes the shutter button won't work. Do you want me to go on?
    In my personal opinion iOS is the only somewhat stable solution. I think you should wait for Apple Inc. to release that........if they even have a plan for that 

u should use any good Qmobile and compare it with your note 4.......and then feel the difference....thats what i am talking about !!!
    i used all of these latest smart mobiles and i found every new device with improvement then the previous one.....not perfect....i hope they will also come up with better android device

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rockmars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any chance of fitting in place of non-android navigation system??
    Need it for 2013 civic!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza.bhutta View Post
    Any chance of fitting in place of non-android navigation system??
    Need it for 2013 civic!
    TW will charge 30k plus and also you will have to pay extra for thr front camera and wiring. The windows system works pretty well. I don't think its worth it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very well described thread. Will help a lot if members to make their decision.

Sent from Galaxy Note4
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rockmars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my personal opinion iOS is the only somewhat stable solution. I think you should wait for Apple Inc. to release that........if they even have a plan for that 😜
    I have the same phone on the same android version. Probably some aftermarket apps are causing thr hiccups. Mine runs buttery smooth!
    Let's not start an android vs iOS debate here. We should be glad that tracking world has finally launched a new and 'improved' satnav version!
    Cheers.
    What goes around, comes around.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Been using a note 4 since launch week. Perfectly fine and responsive here. Must be some apps or issue limited to your device.

As per Aspire navigation being responsive. Its pretty good in Bluetooth, fm, start up and rear cam. But sluggish typing (mostly to do with the touch screen quality) and slow zoom / search in navigation. This issue is probably becsuse of their low quality touch screen and or slower cpu in the nav unit. This is something i would happily pay for if ab upgrade was available

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 onboard the International Space Station

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bilalicious View Post
    I have the same phone on the same android version. Probably some aftermarket apps are causing thr hiccups. Mine runs buttery smooth!
    Let's not start an android vs iOS debate here. We should be glad that tracking world has finally launched a new and 'improved' satnav version!
    Cheers.
    Sure I'm glad that TW have finally launched an improved version of the SatNav. Not starting a debate between Android and iOS, it was just a personal opinion. I'm an android fan mainly because of the freedom of system but one should be neutral when it comes to build quality and system stability. Anyways, again just a personal opinion. Whats the fun if after market apps cause problems....... and yes I admit I have a lot of apps and you may be right........ but still. Everyone can have an opinion like one of the members suggesting me to try out Q mobile and compare it with the note 4

Quote Originally Posted by AbbasJin View Post
    Been using a note 4 since launch week. Perfectly fine and responsive here. Must be some apps or issue limited to your device.

As per Aspire navigation being responsive. Its pretty good in Bluetooth, fm, start up and rear cam. But sluggish typing (mostly to do with the touch screen quality) and slow zoom / search in navigation. This issue is probably becsuse of their low quality touch screen and or slower cpu in the nav unit. This is something i would happily pay for if ab upgrade was available

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 onboard the International Space Station
    You are right maybe. It is possible that my particular device have some problem. I booked my device with samsung Pakistan before its launch and they gifted me the original S-Cover for it (worth Rs. 8000/- at that time). Really sad if samsung pakistan would give me a faulty device. I guess some apps might have been causing it. Will try to remove some and see.

The aspire navigation screen is a resistive display (not a capacitative) and therefore comes with a mechanical stylus that is why the sluggish typing. They should replace it.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List