Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Hello fellow Pakwheelers,

Starting a new thread after a very long gap of activity on Pakwheels and this time its about the factory fitted navigation system of 9th Gen Honda Civic.

I booked my Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatic with full options (Leather + Navigation) in early May 2015 and got it delivered the next day . Car is good Alhumdulilah but the igo3 navigation system it came with gradually started acting really wired until yesterday when it decided to go completely nuts. I read many threads about the problems faced by civic owners with the navigation unit provided by tracking world (TW) but the thing that made me wonder was that TW had good reputation / units in reborn and city aspire as i have personally used and witnessed their sound, video and compatibility in both the vehicles. The problems that started originating for me were:

1. Frequent loss of steering controls.
    2. Reverse camera sometimes decides to start automatically even when driving forward.
    3. Volume suddenly goes down from high to low automatically.
    4. Excessive beeps from the unit without a reason.
    5. Skipping of tracks when played with USB.
    6. USB interface often gets stuck and fails to recognize a USB flash drive attached.
    7. Delay time on startup.
    8. Delay time for cameras.
    9. Pathetic camera quality.
    10. Seriously Pathetic Sound quality.
    11. Failed outgoing phone calls.

These are the issues that ruined my driving experience especially after spending 70K for this crap unit. Additional issues are explained in detail here (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...stem-9th-civic). I however faced only the issues mentioned above.

Yesterday I gave a call to Tracking world and talked to their senior management about this pathetic unit and surprisingly they admitted but, blamed it on HONDA. The person on the other side briefed me that Honda pushed us to launch android based unit before the new Toyota Grande launch (which has a android based system) to compete in the market and we had to do it forcefully on a very short notice and without proper testing. He then told me that we have a brand new 2nd generation of android unit which has a full blown android system and has no issues at all what so ever. The specs (yet to be verified) of the new unit as described by the TW manger are:

a. Android 4.4.2 (Verified)
    b. Capacitative multi touch display (Verified)
    c. Processor: ARM Cortex A9 (Rockchip - RK3188) 32 bit. 2.2 Ghz Dual Core processor (Verified by Antutu)
    d. 1 GB Ram (Verified by Antutu)
    e. Total 16 Gb of Internal memory (4 Gb occupied by system + 12 Gb free for user) (Verified by Antutu)
    f. Full blown android system including Play store (Verified)
    g. Built-in Wifi (Verified)
    h. Full HD Display (Verified)

To cut it short, its a complete android tablet. I have tested it for more than 6 hours now and i can confirm that:

i. Wifi works flawlessly. I connected it with my wireless router at home.
    ii. Added my Google account and it synced all my emails, contacts etc.
    iii. Playstore is working and you can actually download apps and games etc.
    iv. Sound quality has improved 200 %. I can compare the difference easily. Its way better than the sound quality of reborn and aspire units. I'm not a sound fanatic but can differentiate between good and bad sound easily.
    v. It has an HD display which has definitely improved the display quality. Videos are stunning. You have to see it to believe it. I watched a few videos on daily motion
    vi. Steering controls are more responsive and there is no delay anymore.
    vii. The whole units starts within approx. 2 to 4 or 5 sec max. Back camera is engaged within a sec. no more delays in reversing.
    viii. There is a pre-installed app "easy connect". You can connect your android and iPhone through this app and control the phone from the unit's screen as if you are using the phone. Yet to try this thing out, sounds very interesting.
    ix. The whole experience is very fast and fluid without any hiccups. All apps open instantly and work like a charm.

A few members were confused on getting this system, so I thought to share my detailed experience and post my recommendations. I highly recommend this system. I shall try to post videos of it tomorrow In sha Allah in action so you can have an idea of its startup time, fluidity, speed and other issues. Please let me know what else you want to see on video . One thing I can clearly and rather proudly state is that it is far more superior in quality, speed and fluidity than the units coming with the new Toyota Corolla. I've used both the systems and i can compare easily.
    Here comes a few pictures for your delight. You can have a good idea of the HD quality display even from the pictures.

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    Bundle of thanks. Got it. Really appreciated.

I'll post the results soon.
    To use navigation, first open this version of google maps, which will be installed separately, i will suggest to use maps version first(because satellite version uses more data), now you can choose destination by 2 ways :
    1. on map by locating the destination, selecting it by long pressing on it, it will show address, press this and another box will open, select directions and then you can choose navigation option, which will open the navigation separately. There are certain options in navigation, you can choose route options and select 2-3 route options,select one which suits you and then it is ready to go.

2. You can also choose by naming the destination as in search engines. But i prefer selecting on map option.

You can download the maps as offline, there is an option in it, which helps faster loading of maps. As you may know, one downside of google maps navigation is that you need data connection so you will need data connection in the form of mobile hot spot or EVO etc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    To use navigation, first open this version of google maps, which will be installed separately, i will suggest to use maps version first(because satellite version uses more data), now you can choose destination by 2 ways :
    1. on map by locating the destination, selecting it by long pressing on it, it will show address, press this and another box will open, select directions and then you can choose navigation option, which will open the navigation separately. There are certain options in navigation, you can choose route options and select 2-3 route options,select one which suits you and then it is ready to go.

2. You can also choose by naming the destination as in search engines. But i prefer selecting on map option.

You can download the maps as offline, there is an option in it, which helps faster loading of maps. As you may know, one downside of google maps navigation is that you need data connection so you will need data connection in the form of mobile hot spot or EVO etc.
    Thanks a lot for the detailed instructions. I'll defiantly try it out and come back.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Amazing and a very detailed review tausifs

I too have similar issues with IGO3, can't wait to get mine changed to this one.

Did you check Skype and other calling software if they are working for you?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bunkly View Post
    Amazing and a very detailed review tausifs

I too have similar issues with IGO3, can't wait to get mine changed to this one.

Did you check Skype and other calling software if they are working for you?
    Thank you for your appreciation. I use the built in bluetooth calling app regularly and it works flawlessly. Haven't tried skype on it yet. In my opinion Skype is just a fancy feature and I wonder who uses it. The inside camera should have been used in combination to the tracker for capturing pics of the cabin in case of emergency........ that would have been useful ......... just imagining
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your appreciation. I use the built in bluetooth calling app regularly and it works flawlessly. Haven't tried skype on it yet. In my opinion Skype is just a fancy feature and I wonder who uses it. The inside camera should have been used in combination to the tracker for capturing pics of the cabin in case of emergency........ that would have been useful ......... just imagining
    That indeed is an amazing idea. Very useful, like giving u a live feed at ur home as long as an EVO is hidden somewhere and internet is connected on this device.

Just wondering about Skype or Viber (voice) to check if we are losing anything moving from IGO3.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That indeed is an amazing idea. Very useful, like giving u a live feed at ur home as long as an EVO is hidden somewhere and internet is connected on this device.

Just wondering about Skype or Viber (voice) to check if we are losing anything moving from IGO3.
    Yes the evo thing can be done as well. But I was talking about matting this internal camera with the tracker device which presumably already has a sim and 3G data connection for communicating with the tracker company. If it could only send a picture of the cabin would be sufficient.

Trust me, you'll loose nothing from going from iGO3 to this unit except for all the horrible nightmares of iGO3
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes the evo thing can be done as well. But I was talking about matting this internal camera with the tracker device which presumably already has a sim and 3G data connection for communicating with the tracker company. If it could only send a picture of the cabin would be sufficient.

Trust me, you'll loose nothing from going from iGO3 to this unit except for all the horrible nightmares of iGO3
    They have GPS only, with which TW tracks this device/car. No SIM and 3G as far as i know. GPS alone is sufficient for what they are offering (live tracking).

Don't think GPS signals have data transfer capabilities, but giving it an option to insert a SIM somewhere and make it a 3G tab with live internet is the best idea.

Hopefully i will get one next week, due to stock shortage. Now they have excess stock of IGO3, which is still being offered :/

I installed better component speakers up front, sounded amazing on IGO2, but then due to other issues like reverse camera, i switched to IGO3, now speakers sound worse than stock. Can't wait to get rid of this, too many issues.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

They have GPS only, with which TW tracks this device/car. No SIM and 3G as far as i know. GPS alone is sufficient for what they are offering (live tracking).

Don't think GPS signals have data transfer capabilities, but giving it an option to insert a SIM somewhere and make it a 3G tab with live internet is the best idea.

Hopefully i will get one next week, due to stock shortage. Now they have excess stock of IGO3, which is still being offered :/

I installed better component speakers up front, sounded amazing on IGO2, but then due to other issues like reverse camera, i switched to IGO3, now speakers sound worse than stock. Can't wait to get rid of this, too many issues.
    how can GPS only tracks the car? A sim and gprs connection is needed to update the lat/long of the car to the TW server. GPS alone cannot magically send data to a server

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    how can GPS only tracks the car? A sim and gprs connection is needed to update the lat/long of the car to the TW server. GPS alone cannot magically send data to a server
    You must be right. maybe they do have a SIM, will confirm from them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You must be right. maybe they do have a SIM, will confirm from them.
    i cannot confirm what they are using but in Pakistan 99% trackers are made with GPS+GSM combination. GPS gets the location of object, and GSM is used to transfer that data to server through gprs. GPS or GSM alone cannot work.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i cannot confirm what they are using but in Pakistan 99% trackers are made with GPS+GSM combination. GPS gets the location of object, and GSM is used to transfer that data to server through gprs. GPS or GSM alone cannot work.
    I was about to say that. GPS is for collecting coordinates...... data needs to be sent through some gprs or 3g connection to the TW servers. There's even a cell no mentioned on my TW tracking invoice and I guess it is the simple no of my tracker. I'll try to give it a call sometime and let's see what happens. This cabin picture capturing can be done easily if TW wants or if someone gives them the idea.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was about to say that. GPS is for collecting coordinates...... data needs to be sent through some gprs or 3g connection to the TW servers. There's even a cell no mentioned on my TW tracking invoice and I guess it is the simple no of my tracker. I'll try to give it a call sometime and let's see what happens. This cabin picture capturing can be done easily if TW wants or if someone gives them the idea.
    it will most probably a data sim so you won't be able to call. If not, then it will be a one way sim but it will or it will not receive your call.... Depends what TW wants it to do
    It will most likely send an alert to server that a call was made on its number. Usually, its only allowed to attend the call if the calling number is authorized.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it will most probably a data sim so you won't be able to call. If not, then it will be a one way sim but it will or it will not receive your call.... Depends what TW wants it to do
    It will most likely send an alert to server that a call was made on its number. Usually, its only allowed to attend the call if the calling number is authorized.
    I tried to call it and it responded "The number you're calling is powered off. Please try again later" I guess it is a data simply only.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I tried to call it and it responded "The number you're calling is powered off. Please try again later" I guess it is a data simply only.
    in that case tracker is powered off. Have you subscribed for tracking service?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in that case tracker is powered off. Have you subscribed for tracking service?
    It's not powered off. I've subscribed and can monitor my position in live time from the Android app. I even checked my today's route which it identified on the map pergectly. There must be something with these trackers that we simply don't know 😊

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Google maps are much more detailed and updated as compared to these TW maps. Specially for smaller towns it is much better with even smaller roads and villages present. In TW maps you will not find most of the smaller towns, villages names and places. Another advantage is that google maps navigation has satellite view, which shows the actual buildings and roads and natural features and looks very realistic using it. Roads are shown as per their sizes, smaller roads are usually avoided in navigation which saves inconvenience(i personally have experience this issue, once in Multan i used TW maps for navigation and it took me to very small streets and i got stuck and rather than saving time it wasted time).
    Search database of google is also much greater than these maps because it is being updated and added through users by google map maker.
    Can you pm me the modofiied apk link pl

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    Can you pm me the modofiied apk link pl

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Post No # 59.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just a thought, can you Skype/video chat using front parking camera?

It can be useful for just making a driving video or giving live feed to a remote viewer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got the bad boy installed today. Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1433522121.240718.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  69.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1433522137.892267.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  117.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1433522150.777282.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  84.4 KB

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnanSJfayaz View Post
    Got the bad boy installed today. Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1433522121.240718.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  69.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1433522137.892267.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  117.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1433522150.777282.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  84.4 KB

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Great and congrats. Please share your experience here espicially in comparison to the iGO3 unit, so that people can have an unbiased review. It would help decide for themselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List