Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Hello fellow Pakwheelers,

Starting a new thread after a very long gap of activity on Pakwheels and this time its about the factory fitted navigation system of 9th Gen Honda Civic.

I booked my Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatic with full options (Leather + Navigation) in early May 2015 and got it delivered the next day . Car is good Alhumdulilah but the igo3 navigation system it came with gradually started acting really wired until yesterday when it decided to go completely nuts. I read many threads about the problems faced by civic owners with the navigation unit provided by tracking world (TW) but the thing that made me wonder was that TW had good reputation / units in reborn and city aspire as i have personally used and witnessed their sound, video and compatibility in both the vehicles. The problems that started originating for me were:

1. Frequent loss of steering controls.
    2. Reverse camera sometimes decides to start automatically even when driving forward.
    3. Volume suddenly goes down from high to low automatically.
    4. Excessive beeps from the unit without a reason.
    5. Skipping of tracks when played with USB.
    6. USB interface often gets stuck and fails to recognize a USB flash drive attached.
    7. Delay time on startup.
    8. Delay time for cameras.
    9. Pathetic camera quality.
    10. Seriously Pathetic Sound quality.
    11. Failed outgoing phone calls.

These are the issues that ruined my driving experience especially after spending 70K for this crap unit. Additional issues are explained in detail here (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...stem-9th-civic). I however faced only the issues mentioned above.

Yesterday I gave a call to Tracking world and talked to their senior management about this pathetic unit and surprisingly they admitted but, blamed it on HONDA. The person on the other side briefed me that Honda pushed us to launch android based unit before the new Toyota Grande launch (which has a android based system) to compete in the market and we had to do it forcefully on a very short notice and without proper testing. He then told me that we have a brand new 2nd generation of android unit which has a full blown android system and has no issues at all what so ever. The specs (yet to be verified) of the new unit as described by the TW manger are:

a. Android 4.4.2 (Verified)
    b. Capacitative multi touch display (Verified)
    c. Processor: ARM Cortex A9 (Rockchip - RK3188) 32 bit. 2.2 Ghz Dual Core processor (Verified by Antutu)
    d. 1 GB Ram (Verified by Antutu)
    e. Total 16 Gb of Internal memory (4 Gb occupied by system + 12 Gb free for user) (Verified by Antutu)
    f. Full blown android system including Play store (Verified)
    g. Built-in Wifi (Verified)
    h. Full HD Display (Verified)

To cut it short, its a complete android tablet. I have tested it for more than 6 hours now and i can confirm that:

i. Wifi works flawlessly. I connected it with my wireless router at home.
    ii. Added my Google account and it synced all my emails, contacts etc.
    iii. Playstore is working and you can actually download apps and games etc.
    iv. Sound quality has improved 200 %. I can compare the difference easily. Its way better than the sound quality of reborn and aspire units. I'm not a sound fanatic but can differentiate between good and bad sound easily.
    v. It has an HD display which has definitely improved the display quality. Videos are stunning. You have to see it to believe it. I watched a few videos on daily motion
    vi. Steering controls are more responsive and there is no delay anymore.
    vii. The whole units starts within approx. 2 to 4 or 5 sec max. Back camera is engaged within a sec. no more delays in reversing.
    viii. There is a pre-installed app "easy connect". You can connect your android and iPhone through this app and control the phone from the unit's screen as if you are using the phone. Yet to try this thing out, sounds very interesting.
    ix. The whole experience is very fast and fluid without any hiccups. All apps open instantly and work like a charm.

A few members were confused on getting this system, so I thought to share my detailed experience and post my recommendations. I highly recommend this system. I shall try to post videos of it tomorrow In sha Allah in action so you can have an idea of its startup time, fluidity, speed and other issues. Please let me know what else you want to see on video . One thing I can clearly and rather proudly state is that it is far more superior in quality, speed and fluidity than the units coming with the new Toyota Corolla. I've used both the systems and i can compare easily.
    Here comes a few pictures for your delight. You can have a good idea of the HD quality display even from the pictures.

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats afnanSJfayaz, and do share what you had to pay for this.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are 2 ports with this android unit. One is the usb port. What is the purpose of the other one? And does anyone know how can i connect this unit to my laptop?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    Thanks a lot for the detailed instructions. I'll defiantly try it out and come back.

Waiting for the review !!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes I know. The cost of this is 85,000. Customers getting civics in june will have to pay 85K instead of 70K. I had mine in warranty, so they replaced it and ill pay the difference after a week when i'm completely satisfied.
    Dr Tausif Sb, I am planning to order a civic in a week or so and they are actually readily available in the showrooms, of course with the older system and price. Any confirmation when would this system become a part of regular batch of vehicles as I do not want the hassle of going to TW if possible.
    Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syedahmedsaad View Post
    Dr Tausif Sb, I am planning to order a civic in a week or so and they are actually readily available in the showrooms, of course with the older system and price. Any confirmation when would this system become a part of regular batch of vehicles as I do not want the hassle of going to TW if possible.
    Thanks
    One of my acquitance booked the new civic last week. He did not take the showroom delivery and instead insisted on a fresh booking. His car was delivered a day before yesterday with the new unit installed and at the old price. I haven't seen the car myself as didn't get the time to do so but this is what he confirmed to me.

Moreover, you don't have to go to TW. They will come to your residence and install it in front of you. It takes hardly 10 min.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One of my acquitance booked the new civic last week. He did not take the showroom delivery and instead insisted on a fresh booking. His car was delivered a day before yesterday with the new unit installed and at the old price. I haven't seen the car myself as didn't get the time to do so but this is what he confirmed to me.

Moreover, you don't have to go to TW. They will come to your residence and install it in front of you. It takes hardly 10 min.
    Thanks a lot for your time and quick response, I would iA try and talk to Honda tomorrow and ask for details on fresh deliveries. JazaakAllah khair

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also got my civic yesterday with new unit installed..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just to update everybody, I called Honda Islamabad this morning who confirmed that all new vehicles being shipped have the new 2nd gen android system installed. You just have to mention this requirement at the time of booking as the cars in stock at the showroom may not have the new version. Fresh deliveries are taking 4 to 5 days as confirmed by them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is very nice.
    I want same for my car.
    Is it possible to attach this system in my car?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tausifs thank you for this review. We have pushed this through PakWheels Blog as well as PakWheels Social Media. You can visit it on our blog here: A Solution To Faulty Honda Civic Navigation & Multimedia System Is Here! - PakWheels Blog
    Your opinions, my initials! - Formerly known as timelessfahad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tausifs, I really appreciate your information and the awareness that you have created about this unit. Hats off to you!

I wanted to ask you something about the faulty previous unit.
    The cars that have the older, faulty unit factory fitted in them; can the unit be changed from TW for the same amount of difference you paid them keeping in mind that the car is a 2014 or even 2013 model (9th Gen Civic)? If a Civic has that unit installed, will TW replace it at Rs. 85,000 or at Rs. 15,000 as difference by giving them the previous unit?

I would appreciate your feedback!
    Thank you!
    The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by timelessfahad View Post
    @tausifs thank you for this review. We have pushed this through PakWheels Blog as well as PakWheels Social Media. You can visit it on our blog here: A Solution To Faulty Honda Civic Navigation & Multimedia System Is Here! - PakWheels Blog
    Thank you so much for the things you do for the love of cars :-)
    The purpose was to facilitate the PW members and share knowledge and experience, which you have surely augmented through posting to this medium.
    Really appreciated.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akramsalman.164 View Post
    @tausifs, I really appreciate your information and the awareness that you have created about this unit. Hats off to you!

I wanted to ask you something about the faulty previous unit.
    The cars that have the older, faulty unit factory fitted in them; can the unit be changed from TW for the same amount of difference you paid them keeping in mind that the car is a 2014 or even 2013 model (9th Gen Civic)? If a Civic has that unit installed, will TW replace it at Rs. 85,000 or at Rs. 15,000 as difference by giving them the previous unit?

I would appreciate your feedback!
    Thank you!
    Thank you for your appreciation. I am not confirm about this but I personally believe that as long as the unit is under warranty it should be replaced by TW by paying the difference only (Rs. 15,000/-). This is the only logical reasoning for it and one should insist them to do so on the basis of warranty. Apart from that, I always had a good experience with TW people. They are cooperative and not that rigid about their policies. You might want to try to talk to them nicely and reasonably and they will make every effort to resolve your problem.

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Respected Friends
    Salam and have a good day .
    I purchased Honda Civic 2014 with 3 cams navigation unit from Faisalabad After 3 months it's unit gives me error insert igo card I visit honda showroom and asked for fix this problem from last 5 months they always gives me number of some guy called Imran and asked me to call him again and again to change the unit but no one is going to solve this problem once connected with Imran he told me my person will contact you as soon as possible and your unit will be fixed , I told him I want to change the unit or replace me with new one but he said your problem is insert igo card only we will only solve that problem not change it to new one like this stupid story....
    This is also 15 days past but not a single person contact with me
    Please suggest me what should I do....

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xaighamali View Post
    Dear Respected Friends
    Salam and have a good day .
    I purchased Honda Civic 2014 with 3 cams navigation unit from Faisalabad After 3 months it's unit gives me error insert igo card I visit honda showroom and asked for fix this problem from last 5 months they always gives me number of some guy called Imran and asked me to call him again and again to change the unit but no one is going to solve this problem once connected with Imran he told me my person will contact you as soon as possible and your unit will be fixed , I told him I want to change the unit or replace me with new one but he said your problem is insert igo card only we will only solve that problem not change it to new one like this stupid story....
    This is also 15 days past but not a single person contact with me
    Please suggest me what should I do....

if you bought it from honda 3s
    goto them and tell them solve the issue as soon as possible otherwise you will emaill the whole scenerio to honda's officials including the names of you guys
    and you will see how will they solve the issue in no time
    if they dont just email this to honda and you are good to go
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Contact Number of Tracking World representative

Thank you for your appreciation. I am not confirm about this but I personally believe that as long as the unit is under warranty it should be replaced by TW by paying the difference only (Rs. 15,000/-). This is the only logical reasoning for it and one should insist them to do so on the basis of warranty. Apart from that, I always had a good experience with TW people. They are cooperative and not that rigid about their policies. You might want to try to talk to them nicely and reasonably and they will make every effort to resolve your problem.

Regards,
    I would appreciate if you can share the contact number of Tracking World representative in Islamabad. I want to discuss the same details of getting the old navigation system changed to the new one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you so much for the things you do for the love of cars :-)
    The purpose was to facilitate the PW members and share knowledge and experience, which you have surely augmented through posting to this medium.
    Really appreciated.
    You are most welcome. I was also thinking of moving this thread to the Honda Civic Forum from this section and make it sticky, since this is a common problem with Honda Civic Multimedia System . We have recently made that section and moved technical and other threads related to Civic in there so people can easily find all discussion related to Honda Civic in one centralized location.

What do you think?
    Your opinions, my initials! - Formerly known as timelessfahad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone has rockmars maps please

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

03005555042. Mr Qasim ( TW Islamabad)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nouman_fh View Post
    I would appreciate if you can share the contact number of Tracking World representative in Islamabad. I want to discuss the same details of getting the old navigation system changed to the new one.
    Contact details are above. But if you dont have the front camera installed it will be quite expensive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List