Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Hello fellow Pakwheelers,

Starting a new thread after a very long gap of activity on Pakwheels and this time its about the factory fitted navigation system of 9th Gen Honda Civic.

I booked my Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatic with full options (Leather + Navigation) in early May 2015 and got it delivered the next day . Car is good Alhumdulilah but the igo3 navigation system it came with gradually started acting really wired until yesterday when it decided to go completely nuts. I read many threads about the problems faced by civic owners with the navigation unit provided by tracking world (TW) but the thing that made me wonder was that TW had good reputation / units in reborn and city aspire as i have personally used and witnessed their sound, video and compatibility in both the vehicles. The problems that started originating for me were:

1. Frequent loss of steering controls.
    2. Reverse camera sometimes decides to start automatically even when driving forward.
    3. Volume suddenly goes down from high to low automatically.
    4. Excessive beeps from the unit without a reason.
    5. Skipping of tracks when played with USB.
    6. USB interface often gets stuck and fails to recognize a USB flash drive attached.
    7. Delay time on startup.
    8. Delay time for cameras.
    9. Pathetic camera quality.
    10. Seriously Pathetic Sound quality.
    11. Failed outgoing phone calls.

These are the issues that ruined my driving experience especially after spending 70K for this crap unit. Additional issues are explained in detail here (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...stem-9th-civic). I however faced only the issues mentioned above.

Yesterday I gave a call to Tracking world and talked to their senior management about this pathetic unit and surprisingly they admitted but, blamed it on HONDA. The person on the other side briefed me that Honda pushed us to launch android based unit before the new Toyota Grande launch (which has a android based system) to compete in the market and we had to do it forcefully on a very short notice and without proper testing. He then told me that we have a brand new 2nd generation of android unit which has a full blown android system and has no issues at all what so ever. The specs (yet to be verified) of the new unit as described by the TW manger are:

a. Android 4.4.2 (Verified)
    b. Capacitative multi touch display (Verified)
    c. Processor: ARM Cortex A9 (Rockchip - RK3188) 32 bit. 2.2 Ghz Dual Core processor (Verified by Antutu)
    d. 1 GB Ram (Verified by Antutu)
    e. Total 16 Gb of Internal memory (4 Gb occupied by system + 12 Gb free for user) (Verified by Antutu)
    f. Full blown android system including Play store (Verified)
    g. Built-in Wifi (Verified)
    h. Full HD Display (Verified)

To cut it short, its a complete android tablet. I have tested it for more than 6 hours now and i can confirm that:

i. Wifi works flawlessly. I connected it with my wireless router at home.
    ii. Added my Google account and it synced all my emails, contacts etc.
    iii. Playstore is working and you can actually download apps and games etc.
    iv. Sound quality has improved 200 %. I can compare the difference easily. Its way better than the sound quality of reborn and aspire units. I'm not a sound fanatic but can differentiate between good and bad sound easily.
    v. It has an HD display which has definitely improved the display quality. Videos are stunning. You have to see it to believe it. I watched a few videos on daily motion
    vi. Steering controls are more responsive and there is no delay anymore.
    vii. The whole units starts within approx. 2 to 4 or 5 sec max. Back camera is engaged within a sec. no more delays in reversing.
    viii. There is a pre-installed app "easy connect". You can connect your android and iPhone through this app and control the phone from the unit's screen as if you are using the phone. Yet to try this thing out, sounds very interesting.
    ix. The whole experience is very fast and fluid without any hiccups. All apps open instantly and work like a charm.

A few members were confused on getting this system, so I thought to share my detailed experience and post my recommendations. I highly recommend this system. I shall try to post videos of it tomorrow In sha Allah in action so you can have an idea of its startup time, fluidity, speed and other issues. Please let me know what else you want to see on video . One thing I can clearly and rather proudly state is that it is far more superior in quality, speed and fluidity than the units coming with the new Toyota Corolla. I've used both the systems and i can compare easily.
    Here comes a few pictures for your delight. You can have a good idea of the HD quality display even from the pictures.

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnanSJfayaz View Post
    Contact details are above. But if you dont have the front camera installed it will be quite expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    TW is asking PKR 50,000 to replace the navigation system installed in May 2014 to be replaced with Android based system. I think it would be better to install a double din Pioneer or Kenwood system than a Chinese Android system for which TW is asking a fortune now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how does the AUX work in this system, does it work with Port provided with Lighter? or does it work with separate cable provided?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir plzzz give the contact no of the person who changed ur unit plzzz i urgently need it my old android unit is so trouble maker i need to get it changed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir plzz give the contact no of the person who changed ur unit i really need to change it older android unit sucks plzzzz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfan116 View Post
    Sir plzz give the contact no of the person who changed ur unit i really need to change it older android unit sucks plzzzz
    page 5 bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does the AUX jacket work with this System or not?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for sharing this information. Is there a solution for the Honda City navigation? Is an android version available by paying difference

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZ6211 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this information. Is there a solution for the Honda City navigation? Is an android version available by paying difference
    I'm wondering about same. can pay difference if there's option

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 onboard the International Space Station

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aahaid View Post
    how does the AUX work in this system, does it work with Port provided with Lighter? or does it work with separate cable provided?
    Yes, with port provided with lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mine doesnt work..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dr tausif.. i am facing the same issue... i want to upgrade it to the latest version... can u help me out of this.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam to All,

After 1 month of chasing TW ppl, finally my system is replaced yesterday. Its a full blown android system, like a Samsung TAB inside your car. I didn't paid anything to them, my civic delivered to me on 4th may 2015 so its well under warranty and I start chasing them from almost 22 May 2015.

I connected it to internet via Zong USB device and viola, everything updated by itself and after a while it was ready to use.

I can confirm all the things mentioned by Dr. Tausif, but I found two issues in the system as for now.

1: The USB folder shows all the songs at once you cannot see individual folders. (for this i have installed Poweramp from Play store and viola I can see folder in the app, I love Poweramp on my cell phone). but the steering forward and reverse button don't work on Powramp. However Poweramp also provide 16 band equaliser and the sound control is fantastic. (this app is paid app for Rs. 105).

As play store is available you may find any other app which might help.

2: I am not able to connect my iPod touch via USB, the ipod module is there in the unit but it’s unable to detect my iPod. It’s an old model with iPhone 4, 4s, and iPad 2 type connector. It was working perfectly on the iGo3 system.

The i-mid screen didn't displayed anything on iGo3 system, but its showing something, bit and pieces of track and information etc with this new unit.

Now the good thing is I finally managed to run SYGIC NAVIGATION in Honda (its always being used in Toyota), I always adore the Sygic system as its very strong for Karachi it has 10x more POI's for Karachi and apparently whole Pakistan. I gave my ride a spin with Sygic on and it worked perfectly and guided me to a location I inserted with voice guidance. (The only thing i notice is battery charging logo on lower right corner of the sygic screen). By far Sygic is the most advanced, most feature rich navigational system for Pakistan. To me its more powerful then Google Maps as Google Maps by default always need to be connected to internet and hacking/pre loading the maps into the unit for Google maps is always a little bit overwhelming for normal user, Many of you may disagree but its my personal opinion.

For who might not know that Sygic navigation completely works offline, and if internet is provided it can fetch navigational data from its server from internet.

I can post the method of installing sygic in the civic if needed by someone along with with the installation files, by default it don't show up in play store and if somehow it appears it says its not compatible with the device.

See the Snap for Sygic in action:

Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system -1589561

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shoby80 View Post
    Salam to All,

After 1 month of chasing TW ppl, finally my system is replaced yesterday. Its a full blown android system, like a Samsung TAB inside your car. I didn't paid anything to them, my civic delivered to me on 4th may 2015 so its well under warranty and I start chasing them from almost 22 May 2015.

I connected it to internet via Zong USB device and viola, everything updated by itself and after a while it was ready to use.

I can confirm all the things mentioned by Dr. Tausif, but I found two issues in the system as for now.

1: The USB folder shows all the songs at once you cannot see individual folders. (for this i have installed Poweramp from Play store and viola I can see folder in the app, I love Poweramp on my cell phone). but the steering forward and reverse button don't work on Powramp. However Poweramp also provide 16 band equaliser and the sound control is fantastic. (this app is paid app for Rs. 105).

2: I am not able to connect my iPod touch via USB, the ipod module is there in the unit but it?s unable to detect my iPod. It?s an old model with iPhone 4, 4s, and iPad 2 type connector. It was working perfectly on the iGo3 system.

The i-mid screen didn't displayed anything on iGo3 system, but its showing something, bit and pieces of track and information etc with this new unit.

Now the good thing is I finally managed to run SYGIC NAVIGATION in Honda (its always being used in Toyota), I always adore the Sygic system as its very strong for Karachi it has 10x more POI's for Karachi and apparently whole Pakistan. I gave my ride a spin with Sygic on and it worked perfectly and guided me to a location I inserted with voice guidance. (The only thing i notice is battery charging logo on lower right corner of the sygic screen). By far Sygic is the most advanced, most feature rich navigational system for Pakistan. To me its more powerful then Google Maps as Google Maps by default always need to be connected to internet and hacking/pre loading the maps into the unit for Google maps is always a little bit overwhelming for normal user, Many of you may disagree but its my personal opinion.

For who might not know that Sygic navigation completely works offline, and if internet is provided it can fetch navigational data from its server from internet.

I can post the method of installing sygic in the civic if needed by someone along with with the installation files, by default it don't show up in play store and if somehow it appears it says its not compatible with the device.

I got the new Android 4.4.2 system from tracking world a few days ago and I am facing the same problem that it isn't recognizing my iPod Nano (7th Generation). The system picks it up as a regular usb and not as an iPod. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tried another Ipod... same issue...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2 questions:
    1. Price of the unit
    2. will it fit in 7th Gen Honda Civic?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faizanulhaq90 View Post
    2 questions:
    1. Price of the unit
    2. will it fit in 7th Gen Honda Civic?
    The price is approx 75-80k and no it will be fit in any civic except the 9th Gen (latest).

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam-o-Alikum sir could u pleaz tell me the price of gen 2 civic navigation system u got installed in ur car and the tracking world person who assisted u becoz here in multan they r charging 25000 extra on my existing old navigation for which i had already payed 70k. Looking forward to ur reply. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tariqjavaid1 View Post
    Asalam-o-Alikum sir could u pleaz tell me the price of gen 2 civic navigation system u got installed in ur car and the tracking world person who assisted u becoz here in multan they r charging 25000 extra on my existing old navigation for which i had already payed 70k. Looking forward to ur reply. Thanks
    Qasim assisted me, he charged me 10k on top maybe because I had my unit previously replaced twice because of errors and the car was only a month old at that time. He is a very nice person and is very kind. I would advise you to talk politely with them and they will definitely solve your problem. Some people tend to be aggressive and that is understandable but it isn't all TW's fault. Qasim deals only in Islamabad and Lahore but could arrange someone for your assistance in Multan. I posted his number in this thread earlier.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shoby80 View Post
    Salam to All,

2: I am not able to connect my iPod touch via USB, the ipod module is there in the unit but it’s unable to detect my iPod. It’s an old model with iPhone 4, 4s, and iPad 2 type connector. It was working perfectly on the iGo3 system.

Sir jee naiki aur pooch pooch? Waiting for the new thread. Please also PM me your cell number if you don't mind so that I can contact you if I face any issues during the process.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadullah View Post
    You are most welcome. I was also thinking of moving this thread to the Honda Civic Forum from this section and make it sticky, since this is a common problem with Honda Civic Multimedia System . We have recently made that section and moved technical and other threads related to Civic in there so people can easily find all discussion related to Honda Civic in one centralized location.

What do you think?
    Sorry for late reply. I was really busy. Please do it if you feel its worth it. You're the Admin/moderator :-)
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

User Tag List