Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic New 2nd Gen Navigation Android based system.

Hello fellow Pakwheelers,

Starting a new thread after a very long gap of activity on Pakwheels and this time its about the factory fitted navigation system of 9th Gen Honda Civic.

I booked my Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatic with full options (Leather + Navigation) in early May 2015 and got it delivered the next day . Car is good Alhumdulilah but the igo3 navigation system it came with gradually started acting really wired until yesterday when it decided to go completely nuts. I read many threads about the problems faced by civic owners with the navigation unit provided by tracking world (TW) but the thing that made me wonder was that TW had good reputation / units in reborn and city aspire as i have personally used and witnessed their sound, video and compatibility in both the vehicles. The problems that started originating for me were:

1. Frequent loss of steering controls.
    2. Reverse camera sometimes decides to start automatically even when driving forward.
    3. Volume suddenly goes down from high to low automatically.
    4. Excessive beeps from the unit without a reason.
    5. Skipping of tracks when played with USB.
    6. USB interface often gets stuck and fails to recognize a USB flash drive attached.
    7. Delay time on startup.
    8. Delay time for cameras.
    9. Pathetic camera quality.
    10. Seriously Pathetic Sound quality.
    11. Failed outgoing phone calls.

These are the issues that ruined my driving experience especially after spending 70K for this crap unit. Additional issues are explained in detail here (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...stem-9th-civic). I however faced only the issues mentioned above.

Yesterday I gave a call to Tracking world and talked to their senior management about this pathetic unit and surprisingly they admitted but, blamed it on HONDA. The person on the other side briefed me that Honda pushed us to launch android based unit before the new Toyota Grande launch (which has a android based system) to compete in the market and we had to do it forcefully on a very short notice and without proper testing. He then told me that we have a brand new 2nd generation of android unit which has a full blown android system and has no issues at all what so ever. The specs (yet to be verified) of the new unit as described by the TW manger are:

a. Android 4.4.2 (Verified)
    b. Capacitative multi touch display (Verified)
    c. Processor: ARM Cortex A9 (Rockchip - RK3188) 32 bit. 2.2 Ghz Dual Core processor (Verified by Antutu)
    d. 1 GB Ram (Verified by Antutu)
    e. Total 16 Gb of Internal memory (4 Gb occupied by system + 12 Gb free for user) (Verified by Antutu)
    f. Full blown android system including Play store (Verified)
    g. Built-in Wifi (Verified)
    h. Full HD Display (Verified)

To cut it short, its a complete android tablet. I have tested it for more than 6 hours now and i can confirm that:

i. Wifi works flawlessly. I connected it with my wireless router at home.
    ii. Added my Google account and it synced all my emails, contacts etc.
    iii. Playstore is working and you can actually download apps and games etc.
    iv. Sound quality has improved 200 %. I can compare the difference easily. Its way better than the sound quality of reborn and aspire units. I'm not a sound fanatic but can differentiate between good and bad sound easily.
    v. It has an HD display which has definitely improved the display quality. Videos are stunning. You have to see it to believe it. I watched a few videos on daily motion
    vi. Steering controls are more responsive and there is no delay anymore.
    vii. The whole units starts within approx. 2 to 4 or 5 sec max. Back camera is engaged within a sec. no more delays in reversing.
    viii. There is a pre-installed app "easy connect". You can connect your android and iPhone through this app and control the phone from the unit's screen as if you are using the phone. Yet to try this thing out, sounds very interesting.
    ix. The whole experience is very fast and fluid without any hiccups. All apps open instantly and work like a charm.

A few members were confused on getting this system, so I thought to share my detailed experience and post my recommendations. I highly recommend this system. I shall try to post videos of it tomorrow In sha Allah in action so you can have an idea of its startup time, fluidity, speed and other issues. Please let me know what else you want to see on video . One thing I can clearly and rather proudly state is that it is far more superior in quality, speed and fluidity than the units coming with the new Toyota Corolla. I've used both the systems and i can compare easily.
    Here comes a few pictures for your delight. You can have a good idea of the HD quality display even from the pictures.

Regards,
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeejay View Post
    Is front camera installed on 2013 civic as part of the 30K upgrade? or is that a separate item? I also heard somewhere that the new civic includes side-cameras. Is that a separate add-on?

Is the 30K cost from Honda?
    no bro whole system will be replaced with all new andriod with 1 gb ram and 16 gb space for every thing you want to down load
    no side view mirror cameras
    tracking world will install this unit hnda has no link with this navigation unit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazeil.chaudhary View Post
    no bro whole system will be replaced with all new andriod with 1 gb ram and 16 gb space for every thing you want to down load
    no side view mirror cameras
    tracking world will install this unit hnda has no link with this navigation unit
    Tracking World's website says that the 2nd generation navigation supports "360 Degree Birdview camera integration (Optional)". Hasn't anyone tried it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tracking World's website says that the 2nd generation navigation supports "360 Degree Birdview camera integration (Optional)". Hasn't anyone tried it?
    no broo i will call them for this

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is front camera installed on 2013 civic as part of the 30K upgrade? or is that a separate item? I also heard somewhere that the new civic includes side-cameras. Is that a separate add-on?

Is the 30K cost from Honda?
    Well they took 40 thousand from me so what can I say. Features are excellent much much better than the windows unit. Front Camera is included in this. Though quality of reverse camera is bad as compared to the one you have installed(WindowsUNIT). Navigation is definitely better as the ram is much bigger than the earlier model. It is fluent and easy to use(maps). But you can always update your maps no need to update the unit(Ans to your maps wala question)
    Side View Camera/ Lane Watch Camera.
    Well they are working on it. I have seen a car property of Tracking World Lahore (Silver CIVIC) equipped with side view cameras and parking sensor. They are going to launch it later but when I talked with a guy 2 weeks back they didn't help me out don't know whether they are going to launch it for Civic or for HRV.
    For side view camera: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...on-honda-civic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam,

Sir I found your thread quite useful and interesting. I bought my civic on 30 Jan 2016. Kindly guide me how to turn off the music or CD while the music is running, I mean i can pause it but there is not exit. Moreover, how to make a default screen of the Navi, like its starts normally in the state in which I turned off the car, if i was parking with front camera and turned off and on restart the car, same camera starts. I want one default screen everytime when i restart my car.

Regards,
    Syed Faisal Saeed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sfaisal_saeed View Post
    Salam,

Sir I found your thread quite useful and interesting. I bought my civic on 30 Jan 2016. Kindly guide me how to turn off the music or CD while the music is running, I mean i can pause it but there is not exit. Moreover, how to make a default screen of the Navi, like its starts normally in the state in which I turned off the car, if i was parking with front camera and turned off and on restart the car, same camera starts. I want one default screen everytime when i restart my car.

Regards,
    Syed Faisal Saeed
    contact with traking world they will change your software settings

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sfaisal_saeed View Post
    Salam,

Regards,
    Syed Faisal Saeed
    You can exit apps by clicking "Recent Apps" tab at top right and manually close them...

Only apps like music, video, ipod etc will start by default if these were running at last car stop!! You cannot start navigation, maps, or any installed app like vlc player, mx player etc as this android is rooted. I even tried this by installing some apps like Auto Run, AutoStart etc from Google Play... but these did not work for me due to device root.

Cheers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    Great. You should definitely get it. There is hell of a difference. The music I played in the video was from a USB and while you can only judge the quality from the video, you can trust my verdict on it. Havent tried the CD/DVD yet as I dont use CDs anymore. However, I can alos confirm the sound quality of bluetooth music. Everything is perfectly working fine.

i can confirm that the android system came with the car which is being used by my family is absolutely tatti.

. the touchscreen stopped working.

it has been 3 months now the touchscreen does not work.

i have reset the device with the pin in the hole next to nav/memory card slot.

device restarts but no luck.

the device can only be used with mechanical buttons on steering.

car was bought last year october.

can you please guide me if this android system is under warranty of more than a year or so?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bhasnain View Post
    You can exit apps by clicking "Recent Apps" tab at top right and manually close them...

Only apps like music, video, ipod etc will start by default if these were running at last car stop!! You cannot start navigation, maps, or any installed app like vlc player, mx player etc as this android is rooted. I even tried this by installing some apps like Auto Run, AutoStart etc from Google Play... but these did not work for me due to device root.

Cheers
    Thanx for your guidance....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bhasnain View Post

Cheers
    Thanx for your guidance....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    i can confirm that the android system came with the car which is being used by my family is absolutely tatti.

can you please guide me if this android system is under warranty of more than a year or so?
    Is the android system in your car 1st gen or 2nd gen? 1st gen is understood to be really bad, but 2nd gen is supposed to be really good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is the android system in your car 1st gen or 2nd gen? 1st gen is understood to be really bad, but 2nd gen is supposed to be really good.

2nd gen. which has that led light strip around it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    2nd gen. which has that led light strip around it.
    no bro there are two variants in led light system one is 2nd gen system which is fully andriod and other is very bad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have talked to Tracking World Guy he told me that the system which is coming in the latest civic is the 3rd generation one. So let's try to find out who has which by posting the serial number on the front right most down corner. :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, I have a question. While running we can put front camera alive. So what I need to know is there any application(android) through which we can actually record from the front camera or if someone has tried screen recording software so that we can record the screen.
    Also If someone has tried gps coordinates log so that we can maybe track the car whole day location. One very useful thing is GOOGLE MAPS's timeline. But now a days it isn't working I am not sure what's the reason is :p May be if we can get an app through which we can get live feeding of gps coo obviously with working internet connection. Any ideas?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rkzahmed View Post
    I have talked to Tracking World Guy he told me that the system which is coming in the latest civic is the 3rd generation one. So let's try to find out who has which by posting the serial number on the front right most down corner. :p
    I think it is the third generation navigation unit, but it is the 2nd generation android navigation unit.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The third generation Android Navigation has serial number 10010 something something we can check it :p

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir can you please send me the contact details of the TW guy and the specific model for this Nav unit?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i can not seem to connect my iPhone 6+ to the Honda Civic via bluetooth. Any tips for iPhone users trying to connect with bluetooth? also it doesn't recognize the iPhone as a iPod..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi bros!.....My Question is about Navigation system installed in my 2015 civic. I have read about problems n issues this device has. (poor sound quality and shity camera, and few other issues)... Tracking world claim their latest device is much improved one. Since my navigation is still under warranty so I called them today and talked about my old systems replacement. My car is one year old and has driven 21000km so its under warranty. Tracking world is asking for 30000 for replacement charges and they say they will reinstall new device along with new HD cameras. Now i need opinion is this right amount of money they are charging? Will it be worth the upgrade?
    Regards..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

User Tag List