0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy 7th Gen Honda Civic self issue

AOA all and Ramadan Kareem. Well the issue is that when starting for the first time, the car starts on first full self without any issue. After the car is driven for few time and car engine is at normal temperature, if the car is powered-off and again when i try to start it, the self becomes heavy and car wont start. After leaving the car for few minutes or after trying four or five times the self is normal again and car starts. What might be the issue.
    Car details: Honda civic 7th Gen EXI manual.
    Battery details: Battery seems cool. water and everything. Cleaned the terminals. Also when the self is heavy, the headlights work perfectly fine.
    Help needed so i can resolve the issue.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These look like can sensor issue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get its self checked first. i am also having same problem. mechanic said me either you can replace the self or get its carbon changed. Although i have not done it yet but have plan in couple of months to change its carbon.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omer.ijaz View Post
    AOA all and Ramadan Kareem. Well the issue is that when starting for the first time, the car starts on first full self without any issue. After the car is driven for few time and car engine is at normal temperature, if the car is powered-off and again when i try to start it, the self becomes heavy and car wont start. After leaving the car for few minutes or after trying four or five times the self is normal again and car starts. What might be the issue.
    Car details: Honda civic 7th Gen EXI manual.
    Battery details: Battery seems cool. water and everything. Cleaned the terminals. Also when the self is heavy, the headlights work perfectly fine.
    Help needed so i can resolve the issue.
    the starter is getting heat soaked and jamming, if its the original direct drive type starter that atlas honda installed with the car then best replace it with a gear reduction type (diesel wala) starter. They almost never fail.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the replies...Well went for the Electrician, he said that battery is weak..i am not satisfied with his answer. I doubt because after waiting for just two or four minutes, the self is normal again...
    Where is the best place to get your car checked and tuned in ISB... I just want to have tests performed on my car...
    Be kind to people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the replies...Well went for the Electrician, he said that battery is weak..i am not satisfied with his answer. I doubt because after waiting for just two or four minutes, the self is normal again...
    Where is the best place to get your car checked and tuned in ISB... I just want to have tests performed on my car...
    Be kind to people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Where is the best place to get your car checked and tuned in ISB... I just want to take the car to a guy who knows his work and is Honda Civic expert....
    Be kind to people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get your self starter motor thoroughly checked. After inspection, it would be evident whether it requires replacement or repair.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello ! I am new to Pakwheels ... it's kind of tricky to use this site ! well i have 2003 Honda Civic Exi and my car has a problem ! My car produces a whining sound when engine is turned on and increases if i accelerate .. it's not the belts or anything because once both the belts broke when my younger brother was driving so i had to drive the car back home and still i was getting that noise from the engine ! Can someone tell me what is the problem ? It's not power and alternator or compressor because i checked them without the belt ! Reply would be helpful ! And i am sorry for posting it here .. i don't know where to start a discussion , sorry for that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jansherkhan1 View Post
    Hello ! I am new to Pakwheels ... it's kind of tricky to use this site ! well i have 2003 Honda Civic Exi and my car has a problem ! My car produces a whining sound when engine is turned on and increases if i accelerate .. it's not the belts or anything because once both the belts broke when my younger brother was driving so i had to drive the car back home and still i was getting that noise from the engine ! Can someone tell me what is the problem ? It's not power and alternator or compressor because i checked them without the belt ! Reply would be helpful ! And i am sorry for posting it here .. i don't know where to start a discussion , sorry for that
    Brother have you checked timing belt?? Timing belt is housed inside the cover and is not visible in open. Do get that checked by any reliable mechanic.

And let some other fellow member shed light on it with his expertise.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well normally that sound is due to pulley but as mentioned by kskhan, timing belt should be get checked.
    My car had same issue but that was due to the power steering thingy lol. got that taken care of...

Right now i would really much like to have name and location for a proper Honda civic mechanic in ISB who does not fool around with the car. Also reviews of Honda center I-10
    Be kind to people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omer.ijaz View Post
    Well normally that sound is due to pulley but as mentioned by kskhan, timing belt should be get checked.
    My car had same issue but that was due to the power steering thingy lol. got that taken care of...

Right now i would really much like to have name and location for a proper Honda civic mechanic in ISB who does not fool around with the car. Also reviews of Honda center I-10
    Get the sulf cleaned and battery weakness can easily be checked by yourself. if the battery is weak, it won't honk properly nor would the lights work properly. just service the sulf and all will be good

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks...will do and update status...
    Be kind to people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Kskhan ... Do you have any idea how much will it roughly cost ? And should i go for local mechanics or honda service center ? Thanks a lot for your reply !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You may go to honda for fault diagnosis. Once diagnosed. Go to your trusted mechanic and get the job done with professionalism. As far noise is concerned, may be your timing belt don t require replacement and with little adjustment good to go. But it is mandatory to first exactly diagnose the problem. Until and unless exact noise source is not diagnosed dont do for any sort of repair job. Its a brotherly advice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir I faced exactly the same problem with my civic years ago. The problem with local honda starter motors is that when the car gets overheated once or twice they start doing problems like this. Eventually the only solution is to replace the starter motor with Gear type type starter motor the one which has a heavy sound. It costed me 1200 plus 300 labour and I never faced that problem again. The car starts on half self.
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot KsKhan ! God Bless you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot KsKhan ! God Bless you
    You are welcome bro.. Is the problem solved???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I talked about it with my father and he said it's Ramazan leave it because it's too damn hot and i always get heat stroke in summers so that's why i didn't visit the mechanics and furthermore he said that he'll give me some money and asked me to sell this car and get Honda Civic 2009 or 2010 but full option car in white but untouch condition ! That's why i backed out ! Rest i am very very thankful to you for your help ! And if you know a decent family used car that would be again very helpful .. i have Civic 2003 and i will have to trade it for another car!
    And also it will be helpful if you can tell me what things i should consider before buying 8th gen civic ! Like what stuff i should check that matters .. how to check abs and vtec working properly or not ? Thanks a million .. you're awesome !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I talked about it with my father and he said it's Ramazan leave it because it's too damn hot and i always get heat stroke in summers so that's why i didn't visit the mechanics and furthermore he said that he'll give me some money and asked me to sell this car and get Honda Civic 2009 or 2010 but full option car in white but untouch condition ! That's why i backed out ! Rest i am very very thankful to you for your help ! And if you know a decent family used car that would be again very helpful .. i have Civic 2003 and i will have to trade it for another car!
    And also it will be helpful if you can tell me what things i should consider before buying 8th gen civic ! Like what stuff i should check that matters .. how to check abs and vtec working properly or not ? Thanks a million .. you're awesome !
    Why not a city ,most of the 5 year old civics will require suspension work, many hidden issues like the one you are having, As you don't want to visit mechanics. Its very hard to get a really good condition civic in a reasonable price. By adding one two lakh why not buy a 0 meter ride.
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List