Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fed up!😡 Honda civic 2004 EagleEye

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Fed up!😡 Honda civic 2004 EagleEye

    Salam! I own a honda civic 2004 vti oriel MT with d17a installed by previous owner. I have the car since 6-7 months now and have oil change once (as its used like 100-150 km /week). The thing is since the first oil change its engine noise has increased alot i had checked with several mechanics and all they say is car is absoultely normal but it dosent sound normal to me. Before oil change car was dead silent and after oil change its sound increased and is bothering me much. I poured havoline 20.50 after consulting many people. One more thing before oil change i saw that oil level was above the full mark on the dip stick but i poured 3.6 litre oil and it remained bit below full mark of dip stick. Engine is in water dropping state and is healthy (as per mechanics). Kindly guide that what could b the problem? Does d17a have adjustable tappets?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Make sure u get ur exhaust checked..the gaskets start leaking after a certain number of years and cause exhaust leaks!
    Engine cover was opened while changing cam sensor if gaskit was leaked then mechanic shoul have informed me as i always tell them . Or b koi chez gar-bar lagay tou btana


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Fed up!😡 Honda civic 2004 EagleEye

    Quote Originally Posted by shabantarif View Post
    You did not mention the milage again, yet you said after the first oil change in your post first after what? Buying the car? Or engine change?

    Here lies the mystery behind the noise.

    Oil change.

    How long did the car drive after the last oil change?

    Actually the New oil serves its time In two different stages.

    First stage is cleaning up the deposited gunk inside your engine with added detergents in your new oil.

    Second stage is sealing the metal inside your engine with anti wear lubricants.

    If you have changed the oil too soon that means you are over cleaning your engine and you didn't let the sealant interval of the oil start.

    You surely have changes the oil too soon as you said it drives hardly 100kms per week. That too not. On Highway. Your cars running is low and your oil hardly gets time to treat your engine.


    What I would suggest is an 8k oil change. Run your oil for 8k. And then change it. This will go with time as your oil gets old.

    It's still in cleaning process.


    We came with this issue back in 2014 with an idsi city with a member.

    Xulfiqar bhau was kind enough to shed light on this mystery and get. Us out of our misery. Refer to that post. Of you may.

    Jazakallah Khairan
    Thaks bai for that information about engine oil

    Car is driven 143k km with engine swapped 15-20k back by orevious owner. When i bought the car engine oil was almost new as previous owner got it changed like 15 days ago nd i drove car on same oil for 1000km and then i changed the oil (mechanic also told me not to change oil as old one was in quite gud condition ) but i insisted and got it changed to havoline 20w50 nd the car became tractor even when after oil change i started car i was horrified by that tractor like sound. As car is now drivn around 3500 km with this havoline 20w50 oil nd m looking forward to change oil... Draging the old oil to 8k km dosent sound apropriate bcz oil is already quite dark nd m i dont want to fluck up the engine wat about pouring zic 10w30 or 10w40 viscosity this time?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,379
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    20 50 taxi oil , no one uses it more then 2500 -3000km's

    Yes it has adjustable tappets.get it done

    And please use a respectable grade oil
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    20 50 taxi oil , no one uses it more then 2500 -3000km's

    Yes it has adjustable tappets.get it done

    And please use a respectable grade oil
    Recomend me oil with viscosity of 10w30 or 10w40 which would u recomend out of these? Nd which brand?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,379
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    Shell helix hx7
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    Engine cover was opened while changing cam sensor if gaskit was leaked then mechanic shoul have informed me as i always tell them . Or b koi chez gar-bar lagay tou btana


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    I meant the exhaust pipe gaskets sir! :-)
    Powered by Honda R18

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    angel106's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Abha
    Age
    32
    Posts
    228
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    10w30 is ok but 5w30 specifically throughout year, since you're in Islamabad, and be advised, never use any different oil other than specified by OEM.

    choose a reliable oil, like castrol

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    Recomend me oil with viscosity of 10w30 or 10w40 which would u recomend out of these? Nd which brand?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Either you are big engineer than honda or you believe on ustaads more. Why dont you stick to simple honda 5w30 mineral oil? whats the big deal of putting out of specs oil there? you will notice difference in your car. This oil is easy to move hence easy to lubricate stuff
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    I meant the exhaust pipe gaskets sir! :-)
    Will check it this week INSHALLAH


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Either you are big engineer than honda or you believe on ustaads more. Why dont you stick to simple honda 5w30 mineral oil? whats the big deal of putting out of specs oil there? you will notice difference in your car. This oil is easy to move hence easy to lubricate stuff
    M just afraid as i dont want to slap an other engine in it :p


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    M just afraid as i dont want to slap an other engine in it :p


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    No it wont happen. people do not recommend synthetic oil if any seals of engine are leaky. is your engine leaky ? do you get oil drops on floor ? if no then go for OEM specs. Also ignore tappet cover seepage if its less
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    No it wont happen. people do not recommend synthetic oil if any seals of engine are leaky. is your engine leaky ? do you get oil drops on floor ? if no then go for OEM specs. Also ignore tappet cover seepage if its less
    Engine dont decrease oil neither it drops oil.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabantarif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    Thaks bai for that information about engine oil

    Car is driven 143k km with engine swapped 15-20k back by orevious owner. When i bought the car engine oil was almost new as previous owner got it changed like 15 days ago nd i drove car on same oil for 1000km and then i changed the oil (mechanic also told me not to change oil as old one was in quite gud condition ) but i insisted and got it changed to havoline 20w50 nd the car became tractor even when after oil change i started car i was horrified by that tractor like sound. As car is now drivn around 3500 km with this havoline 20w50 oil nd m looking forward to change oil... Draging the old oil to 8k km dosent sound apropriate bcz oil is already quite dark nd m i dont want to fluck up the engine wat about pouring zic 10w30 or 10w40 viscosity this time?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Your answer lies in your statements. You changed the oil while it was in the cleaning process. And this is bad. 1k is not even nearly used oil. The colour of your oil is dark because it is cleaning the gunk off that engine. And is alright. Colour doesn't matter as far as you keep track of the milage.
    You also made a mistake putting 20w50 in your car. It should have been a thinner oil. Go to total pump and pour in total 5000 mineral oil which is basic 10w40. But if you change your oil right now. Forget about the noise going. This oil you put in is more thicker. The detergent property of the oil is still active. You need to leave it in there so that it seals your engine against wear and tear. I am recommending 8k oil change, I should have said 10k.

    You did not read the post I told you to.

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...d-noise-engine

    Read this and stop playing with your engine. Or you will have to swap in a new one for changing your oil now and then.
    <<!!.... I am The Prod.. cArs Are My Cattle.... !!>>

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabantarif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If you change this oil while it is in the cleaning stages and pour new oil in which again is in cleaning stages, all you would do is keep cleaning your engine and not letting the oil seal your engine.
    Secondly put in thinner oil. It's like you walking in water pool or you walking in a pool of honey. Which one would be easy for you, and which would be the one you would make grieving sounds In.
    <<!!.... I am The Prod.. cArs Are My Cattle.... !!>>

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabantarif View Post
    Your answer lies in your statements. You changed the oil while it was in the cleaning process. And this is bad. 1k is not even nearly used oil. The colour of your oil is dark because it is cleaning the gunk off that engine. And is alright. Colour doesn't matter as far as you keep track of the milage.
    You also made a mistake putting 20w50 in your car. It should have been a thinner oil. Go to total pump and pour in total 5000 mineral oil which is basic 10w40. But if you change your oil right now. Forget about the noise going. This oil you put in is more thicker. The detergent property of the oil is still active. You need to leave it in there so that it seals your engine against wear and tear. I am recommending 8k oil change, I should have said 10k.

    You did not read the post I told you to.

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...d-noise-engine

    Read this and stop playing with your engine. Or you will have to swap in a new one for changing your oil now and then.
    Read the whole thing thanks for sharing.. So how long did u dragged that oil? Did engine sound reduced later ? How was ur experience? . M thinking to drag this oil uptil 5k km now


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabantarif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    26
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It wasn't me with the issue brother. It was another brother from another mother and a respectable member.
    Yet the facts you have provided points us in the direction of the post I shared. And indeed it is the issue.
    As I explained your choice of oil was bad. And so was the timing. For the reasons mentioned above. Even if you would mend it now. I am sure you would know what to do.
    5k is optimum. I like the sound of that but please put in a thinner oil this time.
    Best of lucks with your beauty.
    May Allah swt help you through.
    <<!!.... I am The Prod.. cArs Are My Cattle.... !!>>

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,471
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    I had the Exi prosmatic 2005, the previous owner was using Havoline 20-50 in it. I used semi synetic 15-40 in it and car went to silent mode. Literally Silent mode.

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    please note that your all aluminium built honda engine will be noisy, its inherent to the design. Honda dont spend much money in the noise suppression on civics specially.

    Please check and adjust the valve clearances correctly and also dont use overly thick oils in your engine, use a good flowing 5w30 or 10W40 API SM etc oil and change it at about 7000 or 8000 kms making sure your engine has a thermostat valve and "zero" oil leaks. if there is a leak your PCV system wont function and you will make sludge in the engine.

    If you are paranoid about the "aath hazaar kilometurr aail change " then use full synthetic oil.

    personally, I would use caltex delo gold or Mobil Delvac diesel oil - its really HD oil and stands up to any beating you can give it. As you are not in very cold climates the lower 15 viscosity rating wont matter at all.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    please note that your all aluminium built honda engine will be noisy, its inherent to the design. Honda dont spend much money in the noise suppression on civics specially.

    Please check and adjust the valve clearances correctly and also dont use overly thick oils in your engine, use a good flowing 5w30 or 10W40 API SM etc oil and change it at about 7000 or 8000 kms making sure your engine has a thermostat valve and "zero" oil leaks. if there is a leak your PCV system wont function and you will make sludge in the engine.

    If you are paranoid about the "aath hazaar kilometurr aail change " then use full synthetic oil.

    personally, I would use caltex delo gold or Mobil Delvac diesel oil - its really HD oil and stands up to any beating you can give it. As you are not in very cold climates the lower 15 viscosity rating wont matter at all.
    Yes thermostat is there nd no oil leaks uptil now
    @ALL so should i change oil immediately to thinner viacosity or wAit uptil atleast 5k km this time?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  21. #40
    PakWheeler Follow
    kskhan86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    583
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brother you have used 20w50. Its quute thick. Try pouring 10w50 honda genuine oil. You will feel the engine feather light and very smooth. Perdonal experience

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •