Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Guidance Regarding New Honda Civic 2015

Salam to all Pakwheelers,

I have recently sold my Suzuki Swift 2013. I have really enjoyed driving Swift, bought it new and drove it 65,000 Kms. Now iam planning to buy new Honda Civic. I want help from fellow Pakwheelers for new Civic on following points;

1. I will definitely go for the the Oriel version. I like to drive manual, but should i go for Prosmatec. Iam heavy on foot and want complete control on my car, want to enjoy its engine power. I have seen most civic in auto tyrannys. Iam not concerned on resale value just want to enjoy the ride. Please guide on this.
    2. What about leather option in Civic, how is its material and i want to keep this car for next 3 years. How will be its leather seats material after 3 years. If leather option is used what extra care i have to take to maintain them. Please share your experience on this.
    3. What about Honda Atlas original navigation unit. Should i go for the current unit being provided which includes front camera, Skype etc or older unit. I have also seen a thread in which a new navigation multimedia unit has been made but not yet introduced in new Honda cars.
    4. Should i change tyres after purchasing Civic or should i change after some months. Which brand should be used? I have seen many Civics on Yokohama Advan. What you suggest keeping in view the warranty issues.
    5. Iam going to have white colour in Civic. Is it right decision? i think its easy to maintain.
    6. I live in Rawalpindi. From which dealership i should book the car and subsequently go for periodic maintenance. Near my home its Honda Center near Race Course, but what about Honda Classic or Honda Avenue.

Any other suggestion Pakwheelers want to give are most welcome. Waiting for your valuable comments & suggestions

Regards

Usman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Mine is auto. I wouldn't drive a manual transmission in today's traffic. Manuals are fun, but it quickly wears out when you have your foot on the clutch and stuck in traffic for hours a day. Your choice depending on your drive style and needs. If you don't find yourself stuck in traffic very often, manual may be better for you.

2. I also have leather, primarily because its easier to clean. However, every leather seats car that I have ever owned in the past started to show signs of wear on the driver's seat after 2 or 3 years despite regular treatment. I expect this to also start cracking within a few years.

3. DO NOT BUY IT WITH NAVI. I regret buying mine with it. I have the latest update and it still sucks. The cameras are useless. They don't show the bumper in the camera and you still have to guess how close you are to surrounding objects beating the purpose of the camera of begin with. People who developed software for this unit should be lined up and shot dead. Period.

4. Yes, change your tires. I put Continental CC (2 or 5?) and they run great. The stock tires are noisy.

5. The white color these days comes in a slight green tint. Its not as bright snow white as it used to be. Dunno why. Maybe its just a selected batch of vehicles.

6. I got mine from classic. They delivered the car in 1 week. They are all the same. All are chors, so doesn't matter who you get it from.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do not buy a manual, eventually you would have to sale it, just like your Swift, manual has resale next to zero.
    Auto is as fun and quick to drive as manual.

Do not get the fake leather poshish fron Honda, you can get much better, genuine custom made leather poshish in a more tentative price aftermarket.

The navigation sucks. Period.

I changed my car's tyres to Advan DB the day i got my car, no warranty issues at 3S dealership whatsoever, even though i got an aftermarket stereo system and wider tyres.

White is hot cake in Civic. Easier to maintain and good to the eye.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get Civic in White in Auto...Put Yokohama Blu-Earth A Made in Japan in 195/65R15 size and then I must say you will have a real treat then!!!

Congrats in Advance!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

or get a 6speed grande SR, more control and stability! whether ur 9th gen is vti, vti oriel, vti oriel pros, they all have dead resale! check the market , collect facts, and then u can come to me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No-body wants 9th gen civic in 2015 :p

What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Devil

Who said you Grande has got more Control and Stability than Civic?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why not considering other options like
    axio hybrid
    corolla grande etc etc
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP if you are a heavy foot driver and likes to rev the car. Go for manual civic eyes closed. You'll love it.
    Auto is so boring as compared to manual and 9th gen civic manual has the most smoothest drive in locally assembled cars. It is much more smoother as compared to pkdm Corolla M/T. Be it a 6 speed Altis or 1.3 Xli/Gli.
    You can go for new navi as Honda has fixed all the bugs and issues related to navigation and now they are offering fully android powered navigation system which is pretty good.
    Market is pretty much good for a clean car here in Islamabad. A friend sold his 2014 Civic base model manual with navigation and rims 20.60 lacs. Yes it's resale is slow as compared to Prosmatec but it is a treat to drive.
    For those who are saying civic has zero market value. @cooldevil Sir no offence. Please go and do a survey of market. Find me a neat and clean 2014 oriel prosmatec with low mileage in 18-20 lacs. Let me know if someone in your circle is willing to sell the above mentioned vehicle.

Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just wait a little till 10th gen comes! crocodile tears will be seen from the admirers of 9th gen

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Chalo theek hai Bro lekin aapne bataya nahin ke aapko kis ne kaha hai ke Grande has got more stability and control than 9th Gen!!!

When Civics are famous for their more stability and control over Toyotas!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have always bought a honda, so kindly i know the difference between both the cars! use "search" option on Cars, Used Cars, New Cars, Latest Car Prices & News in Pakistan | PakWheels and check out the threads of innocent_devil ^_^ ........then ull know the the specfic 9th gen is notorious for losing its grip and it understeers/tail slips more than 8th gen or 11 gen rolla! moreover i am a honda admirer so have got a new accord as well stay blessed dude

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Usman899 View Post
    Salam to all Pakwheelers,

I have recently sold my Suzuki Swift 2013. I have really enjoyed driving Swift, bought it new and drove it 65,000 Kms. Now iam planning to buy new Honda Civic. I want help from fellow Pakwheelers for new Civic on following points;

1. I will definitely go for the the Oriel version. I like to drive manual, but should i go for Prosmatec. Iam heavy on foot and want complete control on my car, want to enjoy its engine power. I have seen most civic in auto tyrannys. Iam not concerned on resale value just want to enjoy the ride. Please guide on this.
    2. What about leather option in Civic, how is its material and i want to keep this car for next 3 years. How will be its leather seats material after 3 years. If leather option is used what extra care i have to take to maintain them. Please share your experience on this.
    3. What about Honda Atlas original navigation unit. Should i go for the current unit being provided which includes front camera, Skype etc or older unit. I have also seen a thread in which a new navigation multimedia unit has been made but not yet introduced in new Honda cars.
    4. Should i change tyres after purchasing Civic or should i change after some months. Which brand should be used? I have seen many Civics on Yokohama Advan. What you suggest keeping in view the warranty issues.
    5. Iam going to have white colour in Civic. Is it right decision? i think its easy to maintain.
    6. I live in Rawalpindi. From which dealership i should book the car and subsequently go for periodic maintenance. Near my home its Honda Center near Race Course, but what about Honda Classic or Honda Avenue.

Any other suggestion Pakwheelers want to give are most welcome. Waiting for your valuable comments & suggestions

Regards

Usman
    1 - Go for Manual if you are comfortable with it and want complete driving control. It's a pleasure to drive and more rugged/reliable than automatic. Go for automatic if you aren't comfortable/competent with manual, ladies (if any) at home are more comfortable with it or health issues prevent repeated movement for clutch engagement/disengagement.

2 - Leather options in all Honda cars sold here are useless. The leather sags within couple months and in summers, it is extremely hot and uncomfortable (for few minutes after you get into the car). Fabric rules. If you really want leather, go for aftermarket higher quality options.

3 - Don't opt for TW navigation unit. There is a thread here about the new system but Tracking World has lost my trust due to their shenanigans about their shitty product. Also, the system is very overpriced for what it offers and has crappy sound quality. Do check any available aftermarket options and consider using a dedicated tablet for navigation.

4 - Eurostars are tolerable but that is totally your own choice to use them depending on your budget and preferences.

5 - Your choice.

6 - Any of them works. Buy from whom ever is closest and will get to do periodic maintenance on your car.

Bear in mind that next model of Civic is due in Q3/Q4 next year.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you are a heavy foot driver and likes to rev the car. Go for manual civic eyes closed. You'll love it.
    Auto is so boring as compared to manual and 9th gen civic manual has the most smoothest drive in locally assembled cars. It is much more smoother as compared to pkdm Corolla M/T. Be it a 6 speed Altis or 1.3 Xli/Gli.
    You can go for new navi as Honda has fixed all the bugs and issues related to navigation and now they are offering fully android powered navigation system which is pretty good.
    Market is pretty much good for a clean car here in Islamabad. A friend sold his 2014 Civic base model manual with navigation and rims 20.60 lacs. Yes it's resale is slow as compared to Prosmatec but it is a treat to drive.
    For those who are saying civic has zero market value. @cooldevil Sir no offence. Please go and do a survey of market. Find me a neat and clean 2014 oriel prosmatec with low mileage in 18-20 lacs. Let me know if someone in your circle is willing to sell the above mentioned vehicle.

Regards.

@Sk_KingpiN Brother what the cost of new navigation Honda is offering? Is it called 2nd generation naviagation which is android based? Please also tell about the original leather option. If original leather option is not good then should i keep my car in original fabric or go for after market leather option. Any idea about anyone who do this job in RWP/ISB and what will be its cost.

Also tell me about its utility package offered by Honda which includes mats, trunk tray, door visors. Should i also use this option or get after market? i think Honda utility option is pretty expensive.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List