Dear Pakwheelers, Its been around three months since i've been looking for a Non VTEC swap for my Manual Exi 2005. As expected, It has been a complete pain in @**. Apprently, Cant find a decent NonVTEC engine assembly in rawalpindi. All decent aval engines are VTEC from half cuts. All kabarias suggesting: "Sir VTEC dalwa lain, wiring / ECU ke baghair b behtereen chalta hai". Which sounds completely baseless. I dont want any major power gain. Just a decent running engine. Reading up on Non VTEC to VTEC swap has me left in a state of confusion as I am a complete NOOB to engine swaps. Presently, I am getting a D17A Vtec JDM (assembly only). What valueable input I need from senior Pakwheelers is:
1. Is (D15Y3)Non VTEC to (D17A) VTEC Swap successful / feasible.
2. What all things (wiring harness, ECU, intake / exhaust manifolds, sensors etc) will I need other than D17A assembly for a successful swap, whereby I get a proper VTEC engaging engine and no CELs.
3. Will my manual tranny be compatible with new assymbly and ECUs.
4. Any workshop in Rawalpindi/ Islamabad which can carry out this wiring / swap successfully without too much problems.
5. If I do get the assembly only, will there be a worthwhile decrease in performance if VTEC solenoid is not connected. I've read that engine would be running on 12 valves only ( if VTEC doent KICK IN YO)
I hope this isnt too much. Your kind experience / suggestions are most eagerly awaited.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad