Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Power Pump of Civic 2005

Assalam Alaikum,

Any reliable part dealer in rawalpindi where i can find power pump of EXI Civic 2005?

Any idea about price from someone who has put one in recently?

Phone number and location of dealer will be a great help.

JazakAllah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You mean steering power pump? right.
    Two year ago i bought same from Chah Sultan (used one) 7500 Rs. That time Honda I-10 gave me price 51,500 Rs...- plus 1500 Rs installation charges.
    Dont have contact number of those guy in Chah Sultan but you can go there and many shops have this pump.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

7500 is too much for it.....i changed the pump few month back infact changed it 5 times but no good use....hammering sound is there and it only exists while turning the steering.....any good mechanic near bahria town rawalpindi or pwd???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qaiser_numl View Post
    7500 is too much for it.....i changed the pump few month back infact changed it 5 times but no good use....hammering sound is there and it only exists while turning the steering.....any good mechanic near bahria town rawalpindi or pwd???
    hammering sound is due to the cavitation in the pump. You need to change pump in most of those cases. Good Mechanic has nothing to do with it and chances are that even mechanic fix it for a while it may start coming again some time. Pump rotar seals are leaking some pressurized steering fluid and might getting air trap which causes tuc tuc sound. You can observe air bubbles in steering oil bottle by opening its cap when engine is running and you steer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bhasnain.

Bro i have changed it abt 5 times....few times the issue was resolved for few days only....then again......steering is not that hard.....i cant say there are bubbles in bottle but some leakage is from rubber pipe going from bottle downward.....another thing the power pipe also has some welding near the two screw that connect to pump.....anyways any idea abt price recently bought.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qaiser_numl View Post
    @bhasnain.

Bro i have changed it abt 5 times....few times the issue was resolved for few days only....then again......steering is not that hard.....i cant say there are bubbles in bottle but some leakage is from rubber pipe going from bottle downward.....another thing the power pipe also has some welding near the two screw that connect to pump.....anyways any idea abt price recently bought.
    I do understand the trouble you are facing as i was having similar story. In my case my steering assembly of 2005 Civic leaked and this resulted in cavitation (air trap) in the whole system. I did not take care of it for few days which in turn damaged the pump as well. So i had to replace the pump and St. assembly both. I replaced pump two times but when i found that pump is making sound, next day i went to same shopkeeper and told him that you gave me faulty pump so just replace this crap and after some arguments he replaced in same price 7500 Rs. Hydraulic steering system has too many problems thats why new cars are coming with electric steering system...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hav a 2003 had the same power pump issue. Well installed the power pump of a 2000 civic. Costed 2500 with labour and all from chaah sultan. Its working for more then 2 ywars now MASHAALLAH
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was going to suggest you to get the pump thoroughly checked and cleaned but you said you already changed it few times. Well, you can try this as well.

When my pump was damaged, they suggested that it has to be changed there is no solution to it. Mine was leaking as well as giving noises. But, since the workshop (Kwik motors DHA lahore) people know me, I insisted them to find an alternative. Upon this they told me that they will open the pump and change few pieces that can be changed. If the problem is resolved, you will only have to pay the amount of parts changed instead of whole pump.

Turned out the problem was fixed after changing the parts and i still get to keep my original power steering pump

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Adeelnm View Post
    I was going to suggest you to get the pump thoroughly checked and cleaned but you said you already changed it few times. Well, you can try this as well.

When my pump was damaged, they suggested that it has to be changed there is no solution to it. Mine was leaking as well as giving noises. But, since the workshop (Kwik motors DHA lahore) people know me, I insisted them to find an alternative. Upon this they told me that they will open the pump and change few pieces that can be changed. If the problem is resolved, you will only have to pay the amount of parts changed instead of whole pump.

Turned out the problem was fixed after changing the parts and i still get to keep my original power steering pump

Please tell me exact location of Kwik Motors and How much he charged for repair?
    work SMART n get result..... >U<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Will tell you at night. I might have the receipt at home

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by punjabianz View Post
    Please tell me exact location of Kwik Motors and How much he charged for repair?
    It is located near flower shop at the DHA main boulevard right before the entrance. They charged 1000rs labour and 4500rs for the parts change

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The sound from P/S pump can also produces due to inferior supply or return high pressure rubber pipes. Get it checked from a good mechanic. It once happened to me when I purchased honda civic 2005 and its power pump was making noise while turning over even if the steering is in center. So I went to Bilal Gunj market in Lahore and they told me that PS pump is okay and only the delivery or supply rubber flexible pipe is inferior. So changed it for Rs 3000 and humming sound from P/S pump totally disappeared. Before changing the PS pump check for any leaks from the pipes as air enters from loose areas and cause bubble formation in the oil and it cause humming sound from pump. Always change PS oil after every 2 years for prolonging the life of PS pump.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U r talking abt the pipe which comes somewhere from back and connects to pump???????? another thing there is little welding on that iron piece that connects with two bolts on pipe does that really is issue??

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes. The supply rubber flexible pipe connects on top of the pump. Welding on pipe has no effect on pump to produce noise. The main reason of inferior rubber flexible pipe is due to narrow inside diameter of pipe which causes the P/S pump to generate noise as the oil is not getting full clearance to flow through pipe easily and thus a humming sound produces. Also check the return rubber flexible pipe to pump. If this is leaking then it will get air inside the power steering system and pump will make noise. To check it you can open the bottle lid and see inside it, if air bubbles are producing then check the clamps tightening and if found pipe faulty then replace it with a new one from Bilal Gunj.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro the bubble should be big clear enough to see???yes i can see the oil leaking from the pipe which comes from the bottom of bottle. i have tried changing the pump 5 times but no good luck....

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The formation of bubbles in the oil bottle is a sure sign of leaky return rubber flexible pipe. Your pump is ok so just change the high pressure rubber flexible pipe. Power steering pumps are very reliable. These only get damaged if misused very badly. Take your car to Bilal Gunj and change the pipe with a new one. Contact Romail Butt in Bilal Gunj who will do this job for you. He is a very reliable person. His number is 03224617296.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khjodat View Post
    The formation of bubbles in the oil bottle is a sure sign of leaky return rubber flexible pipe. Your pump is ok so just change the high pressure rubber flexible pipe. Power steering pumps are very reliable. These only get damaged if misused very badly. Take your car to Bilal Gunj and change the pipe with a new one. Contact Romail Butt in Bilal Gunj who will do this job for you. He is a very reliable person. His number is 03224617296.
    kindly guide a bit sir in un-tehnical language. i had the same humming problem at idle, while turning steering and at very low speeds in civic 2005. after 30kmph sound vanishes. the ruber pipe u r refering is at the side of engine? which is connected to power oil bottle? Mine had been replaced along with oil (as previous pipe got busted). but problem persists. that humming sound destroys the whole drive of car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rules on servicing Honda power steering system,

if the high pressure line is leaking, do not use a shop made line, you need to buy a brand new or replacement Honda high pressure line, there is a small damper in the line.

Replace the pump intake pipe if bad and check the reservoir bottle for cracks etc, clean it out completely with kerosene and atf/hydraulic oil assisted with compressed air to remove all debris from the screen in the bottle, Also make sure to blow out the cooler line which is at the front of the car - blow it out backwards to remove any debris from it.

fill system with Honda PSF only or any other PSF which claims to be usable in Honda - using ATF will cause noise in a Honda power steering system as it foams up, Honda PSF will not foam up in the system. Its very stable because of the add packs in the oil. The only problem it suffers from is hard steering effort in really cold weather. So just wait a bit before using it in the winter.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List