Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 1995 Pully broke down

Assalam-O-Alaikum Brothers

Today morning while i was going to Karachi University from Nazimabad my civic 95 main pully broked and im lucky it broked at ku gate on checking area, the bolt broked from deep inside the crank, i showed many mechanic and they all said to me that they have to unmount the engine and open chamber and have to install crank and total estimate will be between 15k~20k. I talked to my one of friend and he told me tow the car to Nazimabad gole market. I showed the car to mechanic and he did the work in just 3k and he didn't un-mount the engine. and repaired the old crank. He told me that if i install the new crank it will not fit and will be some gap, so he made the crank dnt know what he did, but he did the whole work including labor and spare in 3k and he told me that its reliable. He also told me that its the manufacturing fault and this happens normally with every civic. Please suggest me is this work reliable ? or after few months i have to install a new crank again ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vaqas1 View Post
    You need skill full mechanic with Honda rebuilds otherwise your money will be wasted and you won't like sound and performance of engine. Going to new assembly is safer option . Thts my experience baki Zulfiqar bhai knows much better and can guide better.
    why is everyone on PW claiming that Honda engines are hard to rebuild? - they are Honda 4 cyl civic engines. The simplest of simple - how can one screw up a Honda D series engine overhaul?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A proper build on Honda engines costs more. Cheap work does not revives the performance so people opt for engine/assembly swap...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ranker84 View Post
    Assalam-O-Alaikum Xulfiqar Bhai,

I'm facing a new problem, i dnt know exactly its a problem or what... my carb was faulty due to it was not run on petrol for very long time.. so repaired the car and drive the car for almost 20 mins after repair... today after 4 days i took my car out every thing is fine car start on petrol half self ac working superb.... im facing 2 issues... when i start the car cold engine it start with half self but i have to keep rev with pedal if i remove my foot from pedal engine is dead... idle rpm is set to 0.8k... 2nd problem is that when im driving when i shift gear rpm goes to 0.4k and after 2-3 seconds it goes back to 0.8k .... if i release the clutch when it drop to 0.4k engine get killed and on meter it only shows battery light it dont show engine oil light... normally when i start the car it shows both light.... is it any issue with engine or with carb ... on cng rpm always stay on 0.4k and engine dnt shut and when i turn ac on rpm goes to 0.9k on cng..

your cold start (automatic choke) is not working, CNG mehcanics break it off the carburettor to disable it in order for the engine to be started on CNG.

the idle not returning is because the dashpot is either bad or is disconnected or the slow release is missing from its vacuum line - connect it back, in correct way the rpm should drop to 1200 and then take 1 to 2 seconds to drop to 800.

btw - your idle speed is too slow. raise it 800
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Xulfiqar bhai on petrol my rpm is 800 and on cng now its also 800. Car is working fine with ac but when ac is off i shift gear rpm goes to below 400 and after 2 sec it shoot to 800 and some time engine swith off due to drop of rpm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ranker84 View Post
    Xulfiqar bhai on petrol my rpm is 800 and on cng now its also 800. Car is working fine with ac but when ac is off i shift gear rpm goes to below 400 and after 2 sec it shoot to 800 and some time engine swith off due to drop of rpm

as mentioned - the dashpot is dead/not working/disconnected.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok i will go to mechanic and i will tell him to check as i already paid him 3000 1 week ago for carb repair

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    as mentioned - the dashpot is dead/not working/disconnected.
    Assalam-O-Alaikum

My mechanic told me that there is an electric jet in carb due to which RPM is not stable he told me that it will cost around 800-1000 from shersha and after that my rpm will be stable... does such thing exist or he is just making me fool... currently on petrol my car doesnt stand idle rpm smooth.. it keep droping and increasing rpm with ac rpm is fine and does not drop.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar

bhai please suggest engine oil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar

Assalam-O-Alikum

Xulifiqar bhai need some info..

mny kal apni car ka radiator change karwaya hai tariq road sy... us ny mera radiator nikala plastic wala uski jaali kamzor thi to us ny kaha k app doosra radiator lai lain exchange mn sath 2000 dai dy... us ny peetal ka radiator daal dia hai... mny kal hy heater bhi on karwaya hai gari mn sy thermostat vale nikala hua hai...problem ab yeh aa rahi hai k gaari 1-2 km chlao or us k baad radiator ka cap open karo to thura sa coolant bht pressure sy bahir aa raha hai.. mny zic ka super coolant A dala hai.... radiator sy thura sa coolant bahir aata hai phir 3-4 seconds k baad kuch bubble aaty hain or coolant wapis neechy chala jata hai ... yeh kya issue hoo sakta hai ? kya car k cooling system mn air trap hoo gaye hai ? is sy pehly aesa koi issue nahi tha mny radiator mn ac k drain ka paani dala hua tha car ki temp ki needle C sy thura sa upper rehti thi... needle abhi hi c sy thura sa upper jaa rahi hai but jab start engine mn cap open karo to coolant aesy bahir aata hai jaisy full over heat hoo or jo coolant bahir aata hai woh garam bhi nahi hai bilkul halka sa garam huta hai... is ka kya hal hai mechanic sahi kary ga ya mn khud bhi kar sakta hoon.

Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List