Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 8th generation added to the garage - Mitthu

Asalam-o-alykum dear pakwheelers

Alhamdolilah by the grace of ALLAH Almighty i've just bought immaculate condition 2012 model 8th generation Civic vti oriel prosmatec mashAllah on 1st october 2015.car is driven 36k km only and on first owners name .. really appreciates how previous owner maintained it as car comes with complete honda maintained service history and owners manual .. got it for 1.9 million (inclusive of all taxes and token already paid upto 2016 june) and before opting this car i already purchased and sold new toyota grande and new civic 9th gen in my experience this car beats them in drive and handling (a real driving pleasure in sub-compact category sedan which i was after all that time) .. i will continue to write down logs of my DIY modifications in this thread with fresh pics inshALLAH .. stay tuned

OEM Specifications
    :

> Sunroof
    > Immobiliser
    >
    Auto transmission
    > Driver + passenger side airbag
    > ABS brakes
    > Power windows
    > Hydraulic Power steering (with audio controls)
    > Auto retractable side mirrors (with turn signal lights)
    > 15 inch oriel Alloy wheels
    > Fog lights

Aftermarket items
    :

> Steering audio controls = installed
    > Headlights = Morimoto mini h1 6.0 projectors
    > LED lights = installed Philips (parking lights , license plate lights)
    > Tyres = Yokohama advan db v551 in size 205/65/r15
    > Window Tints = Coming soon
    > Body kit = installed including (front , rear , sides and trunk)
    > Illuminated door sill plates = installed
    > Reverse Camera = installed (pioneer nd-bc20pa)
    > Front number plate tilter = installed

SQ sound system :

> Head Unit = Pioneer Dvd avh-x8750bt
    > Front stage = Focal Utopia Be 165 W-Rc
    > Amp = Mosconi A class
    > Mono amp = Mosconi Gladen AS 200.4
    > Subwoofer = Focal Utopia 27wx

For complete details about this audio system check the links given below
    Elite SQ build in 8th gen civic - Mitthu
    Attached Images Attached Images             
    A friend cannot be considered a friend unless he is tested on three occasions (At the time of need),(Behind your back),(After your death) Hazrat Ali (A.S)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Neat, clean and well kept 8th gen is becoming rare and hard to find so this car is worth every rupee.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations. Looks squeaky clean
    What goes around, comes around.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
    Neat, clean and well kept 8th gen is becoming rare and hard to find so this car is worth every rupee.
    indeed it is Alhamdolilah .. well thanks a lot bro jazakALLAH .. yes very true infact i never drove 8th gen before or never had the experience of actually keeping or driving it just sat in friends car on passenger seat few times and thats about it .. thing is if you are just sitting in car you will never know about car feedback , passenger can just tell you if car is comfortable/silent or not thats about it , but after keeping 9th gen too and now owning this 8th gen am glad i finally made the rite choice because i was after driving confidence/pleasure ..

My personal impressions regarding 9th gen :

Pro's :

1) New shape
    2) soft suspension
    3) better interior instrument panel
    4) silent ride from inside
    5) better A pillars design to reduce blind spots while taking a U-turn
    6) fuel efficient
    7) projector lights
    8) better ground clearance

Con's :

1) Stability/handling is not up to mark
    2) driving pleasure is not there
    3) tail happy on curvy road
    4) road grip is not up to mark
    5) steering response is not up to mark
    6) i never had full confidence while driving this car
    7) car feels much lighter in weight

My personal impressions regarding 8th gen :

Pro's :

1) 8th gen civic is all about pure driving pleasure
    2) great stability/handling
    3) great steering response
    4) great road grip
    5) i am in full confidence while driving this car
    6) great braking
    7) its not tail happy on curvy roads

Con's :

1) Suspension felt numb on bad roads
    2) its driver side A pillar comes in way and act like blind spot sometimes especially when your taking a U-turn
    3) not very fuel efficient
    4) headlights don't lit up the road properly as light scatters everywhere so projectors are a must for this issue
    5) i felt noise of its engine and radiator fans when Ac turned on inside cabin so interior insulation is not up to mark
    6) ground clearance is not that good for bad roads
    7) if u suddenly press brake pedal with force you can actually felt those nasty vibrations more then 9th gen when ABS kicks in

Moral of the story
    :

in the end it all comes down to personal preferences/satisfactions and choices so you may all disagree with me i have no problem with that . my family is still slightly disappointed with me that why i prefer to choose older model instead of latest shape car WELL my answer was (it was me who was driving car all the time so i know which car brings satisfaction for me) .. it is very much clear that some people want up to date latest model cars (status concious) while some people (like me) were after those cars which provide them driving pleasure .. honda presents 9th gen civic as an upgrade to 8th gen civic but for me its certainly a downgrade so this time when i was looking for a new ride Alhamdolilah i had enough funds to even go for 9th gen vti oriel prosmatec but after reading review of our dear member @InNoCeNt_DeViL in this thread i've changed my choice just for the sake to try 8th gen this time and shukar Alhamdolilah am 200% satisfied now and for me this 8th gen civic proves to be true value for money mashALLAH !

Quote Originally Posted by Bilalicious View Post
    Congratulations. Looks squeaky clean
    thanks a lot bilal bhai jazakALLAH yes no doubt ALLAH has blessed me with such a mint piece Shukar Alhamdolilah
    A friend cannot be considered a friend unless he is tested on three occasions (At the time of need),(Behind your back),(After your death) Hazrat Ali (A.S)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought a 2011 OP few months ago. While I was searching, I found a 2010 simple manual model with navigation and back cam etc only 16,000KM driven. Car was always kept in covers. The owner was abroad and they only drove the car on highway and motorway occasionally. It was like brand new car that has just come out of the showroom.

Its market value is only 12-13 lacs but I started at 14 and went up to 15.5 which is insane for a 2010 simple manual car but the guy didnt budge. They were looking for 16+. I guess they wanted to sell at the same price they bought that car.
    @mitthu Are you going to insure it, if yes please let me know which company you are going with and why. I am currently looking for a good company to get mine insured.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
    I bought a 2011 OP few months ago. While I was searching, I found a 2010 simple manual model with navigation and back cam etc only 16,000KM driven. Car was always kept in covers. The owner was abroad and they only drove the car on highway and motorway occasionally. It was like brand new car that has just come out of the showroom.

Its market value is only 12-13 lacs but I started at 14 and went up to 15.5 which is insane for a 2010 simple manual car but the guy didnt budge. They were looking for 16+. I guess they wanted to sell at the same price they bought that car.
    @mitthu Are you going to insure it, if yes please let me know which company you are going with and why. I am currently looking for a good company to get mine insured.
    very nice congrats on ur purchase bro .. well in this part of the world sometimes people demand way much more then true market value of car .. reasons be sometimes car is really extra-ordinarily well kept and become priceless lolz but sometimes people do it for the sake of profit and fooling buyer and made them into thinking its a dot less , scratchless , low mileage , first owner car and upon inspection car turns out to be totally opposite (dented , repainted , fully showered , on first owner name but without genuine transfer letter blah blah ) so it all really depends upon luck

btw about your query regarding insurance , well i haven't gave a thought about it yet as long as its immobiliser is working but when il do will surely let u know about it IA stay blessed !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Few months ago a drunk teenager crashed his land cruiser in our cultus from behind while we were sitting still at a red light. Now what do you do about that. I cant fight or chase or nothing. I am sada sa amm admi with no powerful contacts or friends here, so my only savior is Insurance.

Just few days ago I witnessed a corolla hitting a civic at the airport, now even when it was corolla driver's fault, they all 4-5 of them got out of the car and started kicking and punching the other car civic. I felt sorry for the guy inside the car who was alone and probably came to pick someone up.

Immobilizer is great against common thieves but it cant defend one against gun point snatching etc.

Dont want to scare you, just sharing my thoughts and experiences.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice ride very neat and clean.
    I have also got 2011 black civic this week.which engine oil brand are you using my ride has 65k on odo and which detailling products are recommended.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moooniraja View Post
    Nice ride very neat and clean.
    I have also got 2011 black civic this week.which engine oil brand are you using my ride has 65k on odo and which detailling products are recommended.
    thanks a lot bro am glad you liked it jazakALLAH and congrats on your ride as well its a very stable car as compared to brand new local cars .. my ride had done 36k km and previous owner changed the oil at 34k from honda 3s as per its maintenance history so its good for another 3k km's or so .. next oil change brand will be Zic x7 fe (5w-20) .. as faar as detailing is concerned using these products

Cleaning shampoo = meguiars ultimate wash n wax
    Wax = dodo juice light fantastic
    interior dressing = autofinesse interior spritz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

used dashkit for aftermarket 2 din dvd arrived .. used because its not available brand new anywhere condition is not 10/10 so might get it painted in matching colour

Honda Civic 8th generation added to the garage  Mitthu -1626970

Honda Civic 8th generation added to the garage  Mitthu -1626971

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ma Shaa Allah! mouth watering condition. Kudos to the man who kept it. I believe you will maintain this condition for as long as you keep it looking forward to more upgrades.
    The men are back. @TGT.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in the end it all comes down to personal preferences/satisfactions and choices so you may all disagree with me i have no problem with that*
    *. my family is still slightly disappointed with me that why i prefer to choose older model instead of latest shape car WELL my answer was (it was me who was driving car all the time so i know which car brings satisfaction for me)
    *.. it is very much clear that some people want up to date latest model cars (status concious) while some people (like me) were after those cars which provide them driving pleasure ..*honda presents 9th gen civic as an upgrade to 8th gen civic but for me its certainly a downgrade so this time when i was looking for a new ride Alhamdolilah i had enough funds to even go for 9th gen vti oriel prosmatec and shukar Alhamdolilah am 200% satisfied now and for me this 8th gen civic proves to be true value for money mashALLAH !

I have got ditto same story as you. 110 percent ditto same situation. @mitthu

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do provide me ur contact number. So i could add you in our PW 8th Gen group at whatsapp.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MASHALLAH that is a lovely civic you have got there. Here's mine with the body kit, tints and 30mm wheel spacers..Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445155591.478990.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  160.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445155609.411991.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  162.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445155626.864171.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  126.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445155645.049379.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  187.3 KB
    VTEC did not kicked in ooooo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamza_xeg View Post
    Ma Shaa Allah! mouth watering condition. Kudos to the man who kept it. I believe you will maintain this condition for as long as you keep it looking forward to more upgrades.
    thanks a lot hamza bhai jazakALLAH .. yup will surely try my best to maintain as previous owner did inshALLAH and yes am looking forward to upgrade it according to my liking

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    in the end it all comes down to personal preferences/satisfactions and choices so you may all disagree with me i have no problem with that*
    *. my family is still slightly disappointed with me that why i prefer to choose older model instead of latest shape car WELL my answer was (it was me who was driving car all the time so i know which car brings satisfaction for me)
    *.. it is very much clear that some people want up to date latest model cars (status concious) while some people (like me) were after those cars which provide them driving pleasure ..*honda presents 9th gen civic as an upgrade to 8th gen civic but for me its certainly a downgrade so this time when i was looking for a new ride Alhamdolilah i had enough funds to even go for 9th gen vti oriel prosmatec and shukar Alhamdolilah am 200% satisfied now and for me this 8th gen civic proves to be true value for money mashALLAH !

I have got ditto same story as you. 110 percent ditto same situation. @mitthu
    good to know atleast am not alone in this

Do provide me ur contact number. So i could add you in our PW 8th Gen group at whatsapp.
    sure thing bro my contact number is 0300-9888849 .. although am extremely busy and not very much active in internet group chattings other then pakwheels platform over here

Quote Originally Posted by 309 View Post
    MASHALLAH that is a lovely civic you have got there. Here's mine with the body kit, tints and 30mm wheel spacers..Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445155591.478990.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  160.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445155609.411991.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  162.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445155626.864171.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  126.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445155645.049379.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  187.3 KB
    thanks a lot bro jazakALLAH .. wow mashALLAH you also have very beautiful rides am loving them also plz do share your lil experience about comparison between 8th n 9th gen civic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro i have driven premio, prius, corolla, aqua, new corolla and almost every car in this bracket but this car has its own shashka. Just live this car, Isko change karne par dil maanta hi nahin, bilkul bhi nahin.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro i have driven premio, prius, corolla, aqua, new corolla and almost every car in this bracket but this car has its own shashka. Just live this car, Isko change karne par dil maanta hi nahin, bilkul bhi nahin.
    good to know i personally was in denial that how come its better then new shape grande and civic as its an old model but after driving these new cars for couple of months sold them as i never liked them in drive apart from that "new car" thingy .. so moved on to this 8th gen and quickly realised after very first drive that pleasure i felt wow very impressive finally am keeping it !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mitthu View Post
    good to know i personally was in denial that how come its better then new shape grande and civic as its an old model but after driving these new cars for couple of months sold them as i never liked them in drive apart from that "new car" thingy .. so moved on to this 8th gen and quickly realised after very first drive that pleasure i felt wow very impressive finally am keeping it !
    See thats what i always said on earlier threads. A old 8th gen still above any of these so called new cars. Love driving the civic though at times it can be a painful love story with my poor knees lolz. But provides strong feeling on the steering. Here is mine if you could figure it out as that same old car :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

See thats what i always said on earlier threads. A old 8th gen still above any of these so called new cars. Love driving the civic though at times it can be a painful love story with my poor knees lolz. But provides strong feeling on the steering. Here is mine if you could figure it out as that same old car :p
    very nice and impressive ride you got there nicely modified 2 thumbs up .. after keeping manual cars from many years i finally shifted towards auto transmission and loving it Alhamdolilah so no knees issues for me it might be slower than manual cars of similar version but am definitely not a race car driver either totally satisfied with its powerful pick n speed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mitthu View Post
    very nice and impressive ride you got there nicely modified 2 thumbs up .. after keeping manual cars from many years i finally shifted towards auto transmission and loving it Alhamdolilah so no knees issues for me it might be slower than manual cars of similar version but am definitely not a race car driver either totally satisfied with its powerful pick n speed
    Trust me its the same car :p
    Prosmatec i heard performs poorly on the fuel economy front as well. However would be easier and comfy in drive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alhamdolilah my car is being maintained routinely by previous owner .. been reading its owner's manual today and come across its service history thought to share it with you guys

Honda Civic 8th generation added to the garage  Mitthu -1628831

Honda Civic 8th generation added to the garage  Mitthu -1628832

From 40k km mark i will take care of her

Honda Civic 8th generation added to the garage  Mitthu -1628838

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List