Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By janxi
  • 1 Post By janxi

Thread: Honda Civic 2001 Door Seals/ Rubber in Karachi.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 2001 Door Seals/ Rubber in Karachi.

Hi everyone,

The door seals of my Honda Civic 2001 are broken and one door has lost it altogether. I've asked several denters and nobody has provided me with a definite solution of where I can find these door seals, either used or new.

A denter told me that he can get them from SherShah but I have been trying to contact him and the only answer I get is that nobody is willing to take off the door seals from the doors.

It is plain rubber and should not be difficult to find, but I am unsure whom to approach. Can somebody help me out please and also let me know how much they will cost?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You could visit the rubber market at saeed manzil maybe you'll find it there

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try Nasir Auto at Plaza.

And be careful of the rubber guys that chase you around when you enter the plaza area because they are quite capable of overcharging you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickiz3d View Post
    Try Nasir Auto at Plaza.

And be careful of the rubber guys that chase you around when you enter the plaza area because they are quite capable of overcharging you.
    Im stuck in the same situation as OP.I have been to Nasir Auto twice this month for the rubbers but they are saying they don't have them and have no idea IF they'll get new ones.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rafay710 View Post
    Im stuck in the same situation as OP.I have been to Nasir Auto twice this month for the rubbers but they are saying they don't have them and have no idea IF they'll get new ones.
    in that case, you may need to find doors in shershah, and have the seller give the rubber only from those doors (if possible). But of course they will be in used condition.

There is another shop in plaza that deals in honda stuff (opposite side of nasir auto). Tried that?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickiz3d View Post
    in that case, you may need to find doors in shershah, and have the seller give the rubber only from those doors (if possible). But of course they will be in used condition.

There is another shop in plaza that deals in honda stuff (opposite side of nasir auto). Tried that?
    If you are talking about the shops inside the gali then yes and they don't have them either. I will wait & see if i can find new ones, if not then i'll try shershah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was wondering how much would the 4 damn doors cost me? My power windows also need some work so will it be a good option if I replace the 4 doors altogether? Currently, after consulting with several denters, the cost for the rubbers that I am getting is around 8-10k and most denters are saying that the SherShah people are reluctant in giving just the rubber as that will mess up the remaining doors. so what if I buy a complete set of 4 Qabli doors?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just an update for everyone ( don't know if anyone is reading it but will be good to have it here in the Archives) . I finally spoke to a denter located in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 5 (Near Rab Medical). His name is Shani and looks decent. According to him, he has repaired several 7th gens Honda Civics and every time when I went to him for consultation, he was repairing newer models of cars so I've a hint that he must be good.

He inspected my car and has suggested replacing the Driving side door altogether and repairing the rest.
    Estimated cost for the equipment:
    Front complete door (Including power window, wing mirror, Locking system, Door panel) : Rs. 10,000
    Rubbers for the remaining 3 doors: 500 per Rubber - Each door has 2 rubbers so rs. 3000
    Door locks (He has suggested changing them) : Rs. 1000 so Rs. 3000 for 3 doors
    Misc Items (such as plastic that is attached with teh window on the door) : Rs. 1000

The labor charges that he has estimated are Rs. 13000
    This includes:
    - Painting the front new door and installing it.
    - Fixing the remaining 3 doors
    - Some body repair work and repainting (The sides of my car (where the petrol tank is) is a bit damaged so will need repairing and repainting)
    - Resealing back window - The seals have come off so there is a small leakage when it rains.
    - Resealing Sun roof.
    - Fixing bumbers.

Overall, he has given me a budget of Rs.30,000 Max for the entire work and will possibly be under that. Let me know your feedback. Before taking my car to the workshop, I will take a couple of pics today and then later on when the car comes back.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why replacing the door? Will you get anything (money) for your old door?
    My EG's power window was giving me problems and the door wala guy simply replaced the gears/mechanism for cost of 1k. Motor wasn't changed.
    13k seems a lot for labor.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by janxi View Post
    Just an update for everyone ( don't know if anyone is reading it but will be good to have it here in the Archives) . I finally spoke to a denter located in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 5 (Near Rab Medical). His name is Shani and looks decent. According to him, he has repaired several 7th gens Honda Civics and every time when I went to him for consultation, he was repairing newer models of cars so I've a hint that he must be good.

He inspected my car and has suggested replacing the Driving side door altogether and repairing the rest.
    Estimated cost for the equipment:
    Front complete door (Including power window, wing mirror, Locking system, Door panel) : Rs. 10,000
    Rubbers for the remaining 3 doors: 500 per Rubber - Each door has 2 rubbers so rs. 3000
    Door locks (He has suggested changing them) : Rs. 1000 so Rs. 3000 for 3 doors
    Misc Items (such as plastic that is attached with teh window on the door) : Rs. 1000

The labor charges that he has estimated are Rs. 13000
    This includes:
    - Painting the front new door and installing it.
    - Fixing the remaining 3 doors
    - Some body repair work and repainting (The sides of my car (where the petrol tank is) is a bit damaged so will need repairing and repainting)
    - Resealing back window - The seals have come off so there is a small leakage when it rains.
    - Resealing Sun roof.
    - Fixing bumbers.

Overall, he has given me a budget of Rs.30,000 Max for the entire work and will possibly be under that. Let me know your feedback. Before taking my car to the workshop, I will take a couple of pics today and then later on when the car comes back.
    Try getting a second opinion from a different denter painter because as maverickiz3d said 13k does seem like a lot.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys,

13k includes a lot of other issues as well that include fixing the power sunroof, taking out some dents and then painting them, adjustment of doors and other minor issues.

He's not the first denter/painter I've spoken to, I've tried at least 3-4 different ones from different locations and almost all of them gave me the same estimate (between rs8000 and rs15000).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just to also let you know, my doors were a complete mess!! All out of alignment with air and water coming in from all sides, no rubbers or seals, power windows not working.
    . So I think rs.13,000 is a fair amount for the amount of work.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Update for Everyone:
    I ended up replacing all my 4 doors with new Japanese ones. I got complete set of doors in Rs. 20,000 from SherShah in the same color as the original color of my Honda (there is very slight difference so 1 layer or shower will be required).

I am confident that I made the right decision in replacing all the 4 doors, now i have new doors with complete seals, power windows, new door panels, new power locks and side mirrors, . Best of all, there is a vast difference in the quality and make of the Japanese doors as compared to the local doors.

I've been running around to different work shops for months and the main issues were that
    1. They were not willing to provide me only the door seals.
    2. They were quoting me very high for just the door seals.
    3. Originally, when I planned to just replace the seals, the estimate that I got was of Rs.15000 that included only 1 right hand side door and seals for the other 3, I went to the same denter and told him k " bhai looto leken thora khayal karkay" .

I now have 4 spare doors with power windows, door panels etc so if anyone needs any specific part for their car, please contact me. I wil upload pics later on.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As long as you are satisfied