Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need help senior members Civic 95 stock engine

@Xulfiqar
    @Maverickiz3d
    @metalhead

Dear Brothers Assalam-O-Alaikum,

Recently i have done car heater work and the mechanic told me to service the radiator so i went to tariq road and the guy opened my radiator.. my radiator was totally blocked...he advised me to change the jali of radiator in 2000rs... i said him ok change it after few time he came with another metal radiator and installed it.... we added 2 bottles of zic coolant and purge the air from cooling system. i drive back to home and car was making a lot of pressure... even the car parked whole night and in morning when i opened the cap to check water level some pressure throw out the coolant... i told him this and visit him he changed the radiator again with plastic one (Japani) he added tap water and told me to drive 2-3 days for checking purpose the come back and we will add coolant after flushing system.... the same day i drove the car from Tariq road to Nazimabad and temp was at c... i opened the radiator cap and water level was same and no pressure was build. Yesterday night i checked the water level it was fine.. checked engine oil it was orange type... every thing was fine i started the engine and went to board office from nazimabad and parked the car there temp was at notmal 15% due to low temp in night...after 2-3 hours when i went home i pulled the car in 3rd gear on petrol till 90kmh and then shifted 4th and 5th and maintained 80kmh after 1 min i saw the temp was rising fast... when i reached home i parked the car... idle RPM was set to 800 when i was pressing the peddle 800-1500 rpm car was jerking and engine vibrating badly... i got confused the time... i opened the radiator cap and it was empty... i opened and it was over filled i got no other water bottle at that time so i added the water to radiator from reservoir bottle and the whole reservoir bottle went inside radiator ... after few mins temp was totally down at 0% but car engine was jerking badly.. so i switched off the car and went home.. today morning i was going for office i checked engine oil... it was yellowish and creamy white and level is increased from its mark..... i opened radiator cap and there was no water i started adding water and 700ml water went inside radiator then i noticed that water was leaking from engine near manifold there was a bolt under upper hose pipe.... i didnt start the engine and leave it as it... as today is friday and mechanics are on holiday.... any senior or experienced can advise me what will be the issue in my case ??? my head gasket gone or water body ??

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

a_k
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

most probably gas kit is gone.
    If better were within, better would come out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a_k View Post
    Im also thinking the same... but if its gaskit gone what will be the reason?? is this radiator is faulty... pls note my fan is direct and thermostat is removed...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a_k View Post
    further can you please advise me where can i find head gaskit in karachi metal one... and how much it cost and labour.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ranker84 View Post
    further can you please advise me where can i find head gaskit in karachi metal one... and how much it cost and labour.

Thanks
    Stop driving the car. When you start the car, does coolant/water (in quantity) come out of the exhaust?

The gasket is certainly gone. Get the coolant temp sensor checked. During normal operation, the needle should be around 40-45%.

For gasket, try Nasir Autos at Plaza. Has gasket been changed before? If yes, what was the condition of the block? If not, go to a reliable mechanic so that he can verify the condition of the block as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im also thinking the same... but if its gaskit gone what will be the reason?? is this radiator is faulty... pls note my fan is direct and thermostat is removed...
    So you are planning to use heater without t.valve

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickiz3d View Post
    Stop driving the car. When you start the car, does coolant/water (in quantity) come out of the exhaust?

The gasket is certainly gone. Get the coolant temp sensor checked. During normal operation, the needle should be around 40-45%.

For gasket, try Nasir Autos at Plaza. Has gasket been changed before? If yes, what was the condition of the block? If not, go to a reliable mechanic so that he can verify the condition of the block as well.
    Car is parked at home water mixing with oil... i will check this tomorrow if water throwing out from exhaust.... purchased this car before bakra eid... so dont know about the block and gaskit condition.... one thing more i noticed if we start CG 125 and leave it idle race that phug phug sound came from silencer of CG 125 that type of sound is now comming from car silencer.... my car used to throw little water from exhaust when we press the race peddle a bit my mechanic told me that if car engine is good it throw some water but never throw it continuously or in large amount... one more thing can i find metal gaskit on nasir autos ? or fiber gaskit will work fine in this engine?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    So you are planning to use heater without t.valve
    I will add T-valve actually i went to tariq road on sunday and he was trying to rob me asking 1000 for tvalve + 350 for T-valve seal so i told him leave it... my mechanic will install it beofre adding coolant to system.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well you need to perform a test in order to determine badgasket
    start the car, remove fan grip located near reservoir bottle, open the cap of radiator and pour water in it. start the car n let it warm till normal temp, center mark (there are 2 bars of thermostat valve sign on your meter, normal temp stands on 1st bar of it) now connect the fan grip so that will avoid the overheat, now check if any bubbles or boiling water signs appears in your radiator. if yes then bad gasket.
    the leakage you mentioned behind the manifold are probably off from heater pipes, as people put a bolt on pipe inorder to block the heaters in summers.
    the missing you mentioned are probably off bad engine valves.
    take out your plugs and post here to see what condition inside your engine mixture. you can see some water residue on them if water is mixing with engine oil.
    thing to be fix.
    get engine thermostate valve available with those people who sell new ac stuff or in market who deal in honda spare parts.
    join the heaters pipe back to heater and grease the cables of climate controller behind your dashboard. ( cables get hard in such era now)
    you already have a new radiator so your cooling system should be fine.
    get the Fan to auto mode, remove fan grip located behind and under the distributor and remove any wire between the contacts.
    if above you cannot do:
    go to your mechanic and ask him to do is :
    1 check heaters pipes and install them back
    2 install the thermostat valve new one and make fan to auto again
    3 then check the gasket from bubble/boiling method.
    m sure he will fig out exact problem.
    if you have to install new gaskit then do the head valve job.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazo View Post
    well you need to perform a test in order to determine badgasket
    start the car, remove fan grip located near reservoir bottle, open the cap of radiator and pour water in it. start the car n let it warm till normal temp, center mark (there are 2 bars of thermostat valve sign on your meter, normal temp stands on 1st bar of it) now connect the fan grip so that will avoid the overheat, now check if any bubbles or boiling water signs appears in your radiator. if yes then bad gasket.
    the leakage you mentioned behind the manifold are probably off from heater pipes, as people put a bolt on pipe inorder to block the heaters in summers.
    the missing you mentioned are probably off bad engine valves.
    take out your plugs and post here to see what condition inside your engine mixture. you can see some water residue on them if water is mixing with engine oil.
    thing to be fix.
    get engine thermostate valve available with those people who sell new ac stuff or in market who deal in honda spare parts.
    join the heaters pipe back to heater and grease the cables of climate controller behind your dashboard. ( cables get hard in such era now)
    you already have a new radiator so your cooling system should be fine.
    get the Fan to auto mode, remove fan grip located behind and under the distributor and remove any wire between the contacts.
    if above you cannot do:
    go to your mechanic and ask him to do is :
    1 check heaters pipes and install them back
    2 install the thermostat valve new one and make fan to auto again
    3 then check the gasket from bubble/boiling method.
    m sure he will fig out exact problem.
    if you have to install new gaskit then do the head valve job.
    Dear Shazo,

Thanks for your reply. i dnt have tools to get plug out... i will post pics of leakage and dip stick picture...radiator is not brand new its used one (Japani) with original cap.... radiator throwing water in reservoir and over filling it.... the day i installed this radiator car was working fine no missing nothing ... no pressure in hose pipes... no over heating.... this all happens suddenly last night my car needle always stays on 35% mark... this temp increasing issue created after i connected back heater pipe and radiator changed... i have visited 2-3 times to balochistan on this and got no heating issue... temp always stays at 35% mark max. Now the damage has been done and i will fix it but one thing i want to clear is this radiator is faulty ? why its throwing water into reservoir.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

radiator burps out gases when gasket is leaking, which forces the liquid to spit out to wherever it finds space. If you remove the radiator cap like Shazo said, the liquid will be coming out of there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Or could be air in cooling system which cause water to throw back. All you need is to test before doing practical. Headgasket, if fine then waterbody service required.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickiz3d View Post
    radiator burps out gases when gasket is leaking, which forces the liquid to spit out to wherever it finds space. If you remove the radiator cap like Shazo said, the liquid will be coming out of there.
    Thanks Maverik lets see what happend i will take car tomorrow.. can you give me a rough idea of total cost including labor, facing, gaskit (Metal Wali)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Maverik lets see what happend i will take car tomorrow.. can you give me a rough idea of total cost including labor, facing, gaskit (Metal Wali)
    varies from mechanic to mechanic. Around 3 to 4k i think.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazo View Post
    Or could be air in cooling system which cause water to throw back. All you need is to test before doing practical. Headgasket, if fine then waterbody service required.
    Shazo

ok noted... but water mixing with Oil which thing can cause this ? Gasket or Waterbody ? When old radiator was making pressure i checked Gasket by filling radiator till top and then start the car... water was stable on small bubbles comes but when i installed this japani radiator those bubble disappeared.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Imo, if gasket was blown, your car temp shoot instantly to Heat, check gasket again with fan off then get thermostat valve and disassemble the water body, so start with off fan, then water body then to the gasket, if no bubbles on off fan, your gasket is good, do proper service of WB then proper way to refil n bleed cooling system

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Opened the head .... Head andar sy explode hoo gya hai and paani cylender mn bhi jaa raha hai..... Mechanic told me to install kabli engine... Kyn k yeh wala engine crank sy kamzor hai aik bar pehly crank ban chuki hai .... Going shershah for price ... Please advise mn kya kro only head dalwa loon ya poora block... Head estimate 15-20k... Total engine estimate 35-45k waiting for your comments... I will upload pics when i will reach hime

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Opened the head .... Head andar sy explode hoo gya hai and paani cylender mn bhi jaa raha hai..... Mechanic told me to install kabli engine... Kyn k yeh wala engine crank sy kamzor hai aik bar pehly crank ban chuki hai .... Going shershah for price ... Please advise mn kya kro only head dalwa loon ya poora block... Head estimate 15-20k... Total engine estimate 35-45k waiting for your comments... I will upload pics when i will reach hime
    Head is damaged or block? or both? Lets see the pictures.

If both are beyond repair then change complete assembly. Has the block been repaired before? Resurfaced?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Block is in bad condition
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Head exploded from inside.... Beyond repair.... Getting brand new engine from lalukhait 10 no... In exchange for 25k ... Its vtec and mechanic told me it will work with carb... D15B or something i forgot its serail... Its 1500cc vti engine... Engine is like brand new
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List