Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Major issue in Honda Civic 2015 stalling itself with steering lock.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Major issue in Honda Civic 2015 stalling itself with steering lock.

Has anyone ever faced an issue where the 2013-2016 Honda civic suddenly stops in the middle of the road with lights switching on and off but the ignition switch remains on and the steering wheel when turned to say a certain degree left turns back itself with alot of force, felt like some mechanical pull and the car was also saying "Check Air Bag, Airbag disabled". I was wearing a seatbelt and started thinking that mistakenly the airbag might just deploy so I was constantly in fear of the mechanical failure of this civic on the way back home.

Reason I ask this is because I just had this issue with me when I was turning onto main Karsaz road from a sidelane and almost had a major major car accident as cars are travelling fast on Karsaz and as soon as I turned onto it, the car started acting up. A guy I know in honda repairs told me this is an issue with Honda Civic Navigation package which has a tracker in it, as it stalls the car and locks the steering wheel which is extremely dangerous. I was travelling with my 2 year old daughter and will not be using this car again until I know for sure of what is going on in the darn computer of the car.

Any input from people is highly recommended as to what this might be as I will not be driving this car for now. Its hardly done 200Km but I am disappointed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does it have after market tracker in it ?

never heard of this problem before
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nope no after market parts at all in the car. Everything is as is original from Honda. When switching to navigation from the buttons, tracking world logo comes so it's tracking world Pakistan. Never heard of this before as well but I have first hand experience in this and Honda South is also confirming this that there are issues in these trackers which cause electrical failures. Let's see what Honda actually says on paper tomorrow when I swing by their dealership with the car. Freaky experience nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im certainly no newbie in Honda cars as I've owned every Honda since the 6th generation and have loved all of them. Don't know why this one is going nuts with all the bells and whistles of 2015.

-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sashah666 View Post
    Nope no after market parts at all in the car. Everything is as is original from Honda. When switching to navigation from the buttons, tracking world logo comes so it's tracking world Pakistan. Never heard of this before as well but I have first hand experience in this and Honda South is also confirming this that there are issues in these trackers which cause electrical failures. Let's see what Honda actually says on paper tomorrow when I swing by their dealership with the car. Freaky experience nonetheless.

There you go you got the culprit my GLI also came with Trakker Nav Tracker and while drive my car also switched off even the car igniton was so i called tracker company what the problem is this they told me i havent started the car by using the Theft lock button so i have to press that before starting the car.And i was whatttt?
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

y would navigation interfere with car and switch it off
    makes no sense at all
    i hope its not a loose fuse/terminal sort of thing in the end
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now m using AutoTrakk and TrakkerNav tracker is lying in car with me.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    There you go you got the culprit my GLI also came with Trakker Nav Tracker and while drive my car also switched off even the car igniton was so i called tracker company what the problem is this they told me i havent started the car by using the Theft lock button so i have to press that before starting the car.And i was whatttt?
    Hmm. I don't think I've ever heard of a theft lock button before. Where is it located?

-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    y would navigation interfere with car and switch it off
    makes no sense at all
    i hope its not a loose fuse/terminal sort of thing in the end
    I don't know the reason either. It's just what Honda is saying. Maybe it's a manufacturing fault or maybe it's a tracker fault, I guess I shall find out today but what the car did was very stupid and unexpected. Any other country and they could have been sued.

-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just today near karsaz ranger protocol travelling with some higher up official passed my car and my cars stalls for couple of seconds in middle of the road, since car is running already so engine started it self, this happened to me 2nd time. once it happened near Fazaia college faisal and my car completely stalled and then i had to restart the car. My car is pkdm Wagon R and it has Tracker device. May be your case is similar don't know.
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    Just today near karsaz ranger protocol travelling with some higher up official passed my car and my cars stalls for couple of seconds in middle of the road, since car is running already so engine started it self, this happened to me 2nd time. once it happened near Fazaia college faisal and my car completely stalled and then i had to restart the car. My car is pkdm Wagon R and it has Tracker device. May be your case is similar don't know.
    I can say for sure that there was no protocol on the road at about 6pm as everyone is going from home from offices and the traffic was free flow from shara-e-faisal onto main Karsaz. About your issue, this is very dangerous as a moving car should not be stopping. This protocol crap should not be doing these things to public vehicles.

My car stalled and had a steering lock and pull on it, when i turn it left, it would forcefully turn itself right with immense force and the steering went out of control. Never happened to me with earlier models.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can say for sure that there was no protocol on the road at about 6pm as everyone is going from home from offices and the traffic was free flow from shara-e-faisal onto main Karsaz. About your issue, this is very dangerous as a moving car should not be stopping. This protocol crap should not be doing these things to public vehicles.

My car stalled and had a steering lock and pull on it, when i turn it left, it would forcefully turn itself right with immense force and the steering went out of control. Never happened to me with earlier models.
    By reading all the replies it looks like Jamming Devices (4 Antennas) installed on Protocol Cars are causing trouble with the tracker signals resulting in cars to stall on their own.

Heard that before too. A friend having Tracker installed in his car experiences same when a Convoy pass by him and his car stalled for no reason.
    I Love My Honda..!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vackoo View Post
    By reading all the replies it looks like Jamming Devices (4 Antennas) installed on Protocol Cars are causing trouble with the tracker signals resulting in cars to stall on their own.

Heard that before too. A friend having Tracker installed in his car experiences same when a Convoy pass by him and his car stalled for no reason.
    I guess I will keep this under consideration when going to Honda as the Check Airbag and Airbag Failed warning light kept flashing as well when the car was disabled and the steering was pulling itself to the right with a lot of force. If this tracker is causing an issue then I shall get myself a Brickhouse Security Tracker which works only with mobilink but at least it doesn't disable the car which can result in major accidents leading to injuries or the possibility of death.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now This Is Something Serious....! Just Make Sure The Tracker Is Doing This..

Are These GOVT Protocol Cars Even Know This Is Happening....You SHould Report It to HONDA Immediately Abt This Issue...!

This Can Cause Anyone A LIFE Be It Tracker Navigation Issue Or Some Electronic Glitch
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Solution
    Community Votes: 1
    Just came back from Honda South (Karachi) and they said that this is a identified issue with some Honda Civics but should not be happening now. Apparently the connection of the Tracker system is causing the car to jam the steering wheel and lock it mostly when reversing the car and sometimes is causing this issue in the forward gears just like mine. Have asked me to go to my respected tracker company and tell them to fix it as Honda cannot do anything about it since the tracker is from another company. Honda told me that the tracking company will connect the tracker using another way to the car (free of cost) and it should solve the issue instantly.

Hearing all of this, I am seriously disappointed with Honda and their Quality Checks since this should not be happening in the first place. Honda Atlas should not let such idiotic pakistani tracker systems be installed in these cars when they can cause a running car to jam its wheels and render is useless for a couple of seconds, and that couples of seconds can be the difference between life and death. I will take this up with Honda Atlas and my tracker company. Unfortunately I do not know which tracker company is installed in my car as I ordered the car from honda dealership in Lahore so need them to let me know what is it since I just got the car 3 days ago.

Thank you everyone for the input. Cheers!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm. I don't think I've ever heard of a theft lock button before. Where is it located?

Hazard button is my Theft button in Corolla.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer

Those Sqaud vehicles of Rangers are bomb defusal IDE systems so they spread signals to difuse cellphone bombs and mines so they do interfere with the frequency of trackers too as per my judgement.Even the Heavy secured buildings too have this system installed nowadays so that makes a sense to your Honda Civic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer

For steering Honda Civic new models use EPS so if the engine is cutoff or no current to some parts of vehicle then the steering will become real hard to turn.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Apparently I found out for sure that I do not have a tracker in my car, just a tracking world Navigation system. So it's the fault of the navigation system which is causing mechanical failure in the car and tracking world has accepted it as Honda has too. They will replace the Navigation unit any day now.

-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

probably has to do with a jammer. check with ur tracking company
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List