Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Honda Civic 2002 Sunroof Issue

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sheheryar_20006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda Civic 2002 Sunroof Issue

    Dear All:

    I am facing an issue with my Honda Civic 2002 sunroof. The issue is that whenever I try to perform any action with Sunroof, it stops working suddenly. For example sometimes when I try to open sunroof, it works perfectly, but when sunroof is opened and I try to close it, it doesn't response and sometimes it doesn't work while opening sunroof.

    Please help me in it

    Regards


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    KeiWorks12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,298
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheheryar_20006 View Post
    Dear All:

    I am facing an issue with my Honda Civic 2002 sunroof. The issue is that whenever I try to perform any action with Sunroof, it stops working suddenly. For example sometimes when I try to open sunroof, it works perfectly, but when sunroof is opened and I try to close it, it doesn't response and sometimes it doesn't work while opening sunroof.

    Please help me in it

    Regards
    I think the motor assembly needs service. Its jamming.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sheheryar_20006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KeiWorks12 View Post
    I think the motor assembly needs service. Its jamming.
    Could you please tell me from where can i get its service done?
    $!-!3!-!3!??@!?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    KeiWorks12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,298
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheheryar_20006 View Post
    Could you please tell me from where can i get its service done?
    The sunroof assembly service is a tough job and need to be done by experienced person. I would suggest you to go Honda directly.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    IIIM5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    No need to go to Honda if you really have hard earned money.First of all when sunroof is open spray wd40 on its channel hope it'll behave good but if it does not than there may be a problem in its motor for which you might need a replacement

    If you find my advise difficult than share your location here enabling someone to refer you to some good place


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Ye Sab Tumhara Karam Hai AAAQAAA K Baat Ab Tak Bani Hui Hai.
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas,Average Minds Discuss Events,Small Minds Discuss People.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Fahad.Ayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,959
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IIIM5 View Post
    No need to go to Honda if you really have hard earned money.First of all when sunroof is open spray wd40 on its channel hope it'll behave good but if it does not than there may be a problem in its motor for which you might need a replacement

    If you find my advise difficult than share your location here enabling someone to refer you to some good place


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    the commonly available wd40 spray is only a temporary solution
    use silicone grease or white lithium grease for lubricating sunroof rails

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sheheryar_20006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IIIM5 View Post
    No need to go to Honda if you really have hard earned money.First of all when sunroof is open spray wd40 on its channel hope it'll behave good but if it does not than there may be a problem in its motor for which you might need a replacement

    If you find my advise difficult than share your location here enabling someone to refer you to some good place


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    My location is near Jamshed road.
    $!-!3!-!3!??@!?

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sheheryar_20006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    the commonly available wd40 spray is only a temporary solution
    use silicone grease or white lithium grease for lubricating sunroof rails
    Ok i will try to apply it
    $!-!3!-!3!??@!?

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sheheryar_20006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bump.....
    $!-!3!-!3!??@!?

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    khanjiiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    331
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheheryar_20006 View Post
    bump.....
    Bro have the motor checked, faced similar issues in my ES but it was resolved by cleaning the assembly, yours might be more of a motor related issue

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sheheryar_20006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmerkhan123 View Post
    Bro have the motor checked, faced similar issues in my ES but it was resolved by cleaning the assembly, yours might be more of a motor related issue
    But where can I find a good workshop for sunroof?
    $!-!3!-!3!??@!?

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    khanjiiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    331
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheheryar_20006 View Post
    But where can I find a good workshop for sunroof?
    I always went to the Honda guys, the dealership owner was a family friend so always got quality work done

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •