0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Acceleration not that good

Aoa, I own a Honda Civic Reborn (8th Gen, VTi Oriel, Prosmatec) 2011 model. It has always been driven with care and never driven roughly. I am the first owner and have had the car for 5 years now and it's running is still under 50,000. Recently I have noticed that the cars acceleration isn't what a Reborn should be giving, it doesn't feel much like I'm driving an 1800 CC Honda Civic. :/ I tried to launch the car from 0 in drive and floored the pedal, the car didn't even spin and it was a normal launch. I get it that launch>spin but I don't know, I feel like it doesn't have that much power. I recently got the throttle body serviced, the exterior serviced, new spark plugs (ngk), catalytic converter serviced, 1 new motor mount and changed tyres with stock eurostar (I know they suck :p). Please tell me the bitter truth if Civics are underpowered or whatever, I just want to know why I can't feel that launch, that I felt in a Honda City 1.5 :/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dekho bhai automatic cars ki pick waise hi kam hoti hai comparing to manual. Other than that if it had good pick before and now it is feeling underpowered then it may be clutch plate issue as I drove a city which had low pick and its problem was the clutch plate.
    I dont own automatic so not an expert but it seems like a clutch plate issue. Get it checked by mechannic woh gaari chalatey hi masla bata dey ga.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by superman93 View Post
    Dekho bhai automatic cars ki pick waise hi kam hoti hai comparing to manual. Other than that if it had good pick before and now it is feeling underpowered then it may be clutch plate issue as I drove a city which had low pick and its problem was the clutch plate.
    I dont own automatic so not an expert but it seems like a clutch plate issue. Get it checked by mechannic woh gaari chalatey hi masla bata dey ga.
    I am not comparing the pick with a manual transmission car. Also, modern automatic transmission cars are advanced and the difference is not that much now. (But CVT is better than manual). My acceleration used to be a lot better before!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If it used to be better than the problem is the clutch plate. You have to get it changed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If it used to be better than the problem is the clutch plate. You have to get it changed.
    Any idea how much it would cost me? Thanks for the suggestion by the way.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It costed me 20000 Rs for my swift (manual) including labour charges which were 4500. It would cost way more than this.
    Anyways the problem may not be the clutch plate. Koi aur masla bhi hosakta hai lekin agar clutch ka hua tau phir bohat kharcha hoga.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw please dont forget to update as you did in your previous thread regarding scratches on your civic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza2501 View Post
    Aoa, I own a Honda Civic Reborn (8th Gen, VTi Oriel, Prosmatec) 2011 model. It has always been driven with care and never driven roughly. I am the first owner and have had the car for 5 years now and it's running is still under 50,000. Recently I have noticed that the cars acceleration isn't what a Reborn should be giving, it doesn't feel much like I'm driving an 1800 CC Honda Civic. :/ I tried to launch the car from 0 in drive and floored the pedal, the car didn't even spin and it was a normal launch. I get it that launch>spin but I don't know, I feel like it doesn't have that much power. I recently got the throttle body serviced, the exterior serviced, new spark plugs (ngk), catalytic converter serviced, 1 new motor mount and changed tyres with stock eurostar (I know they suck :p). Please tell me the bitter truth if Civics are underpowered or whatever, I just want to know why I can't feel that launch, that I felt in a Honda City 1.5 :/
    Salam

I also have Honda civic reborn 2010 modle bought 0 meter from honda fort

Last year i also experianced low pick issue .

Done every thing like cat cleaning and spark plug engine tuning and every thing but pick remaims same

The i got my cat removed and noticed my car pickup returns 80% but car started sounded crap

However then i came to know that honda dealership are looting saying they can clean cat but they cant .

Then i installed kabuli cat in my civic costing 18000rs

But belive me my car performance become 100% as when bought 0 meter

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw please dont forget to update as you did in your previous thread regarding scratches on your civic
    Brother I used chipstik and it worked well, but later I used qalam touch up and it worked great. I'll upload results.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will advice you to instead of doing anyting get a good kabuli cat install it .

Check if your pick return.

If not then remove it and install your genuine again.and return it to the kabaria again

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have seen bad clutches even give wheel spin in third gear for a car such as the second city in PK. Unless you have been driving hard your clutch won't die at 50k. I don't know where you get this from. I owned two cultus's first owner, 115k and 60k mileage when sold. Niether I repeat needed a clutch. The abuse they went through you can't even fathom. The one that did 115k was a 2000 model but regardless it was handed to me in my teens. Imagine the abuse it must have went through at my hand, by the time I had the second one I was even pro efficient at heel and toe braking and occasionally clutch less upshifts by matching RPM's. As long as your car does 0-100 in the time it is supposed to or just a second more due to it's age then maybe it is in your head.

Maybe there is a vaccum leak but that would show up as a yellow light from the ECU considering you have gotten these things done. Could be your tps. If you have a auto r18 I think 11 seconds is a good time to do 0-100 without hitting the rpm limiter in any gear through manual shifting.

My bad when talking about clutches how dare I say Auto :p but you get the jist. A few youtube videos should help you decide :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deltree View Post
    I have seen bad clutches even give wheel spin in third gear for a car such as the second city in PK. Unless you have been driving hard your clutch won't die at 50k. I don't know where you get this from. I owned two cultus's first owner, 115k and 60k mileage when sold. Niether I repeat needed a clutch. The abuse they went through you can't even fathom. The one that did 115k was a 2000 model but regardless it was handed to me in my teens. Imagine the abuse it must have went through at my hand, by the time I had the second one I was even pro efficient at heel and toe braking and occasionally clutch less upshifts by matching RPM's. As long as your car does 0-100 in the time it is supposed to or just a second more due to it's age then maybe it is in your head.

Maybe there is a vaccum leak but that would show up as a yellow light from the ECU considering you have gotten these things done. Could be your tps. If you have a auto r18 I think 11 seconds is a good time to do 0-100 without hitting the rpm limiter in any gear through manual shifting.
    I'll do a 0-100 test soon!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro do this check on your car: kisi slide pr gari ko chalao ap! And in mid brake mar lena! Then with full throttle uper ki taraf jatay howay ap notice karna ke kitna wheel spin hota ha ya gari knocking toh ni karti agar wheel spin bht kumm ho aur knocking karay ya thek charhay hi na toh matlab u need to change its clutchplates.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adil.0001 View Post
    Bro do this check on your car: kisi slide pr gari ko chalao ap! And in mid brake mar lena! Then with full throttle uper ki taraf jatay howay ap notice karna ke kitna wheel spin hota ha ya gari knocking toh ni karti agar wheel spin bht kumm ho aur knocking karay ya thek charhay hi na toh matlab u need to change its clutchplates.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    I'll do that check soon bro!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bumppppp

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did you install correct plugs? What engine oil are you using ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    Did you install correct plugs? What engine oil are you using ?
    Yes, installed good NGK plugs. Engine oil is shell helix 10W-40W (yellow can).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why are you using Shell Yellow in a car thats less than 50k driven? My civic is 140k driven and i am still using fully synthetic quartz 9000.

Make sure plugs are correct heat range (NGK 6) for civics.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plugs are correct too. Finally found my owner's manual today. Was extremely disappointed to find out that all of the interior fuse box labels are incorrect in the owners manual. Hadn't I noticed this, it could have caused major electrical problems in my car in the future. Boo honda atlas.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you're using wrong oil, your car needs thin oil like 5W30. Get fully synthetic 5W30 with honda oil filter. Also replace with original honda air filter. Then this car has iridium spark plugs which last 100k kms. Get a thorough check from honda.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    you're using wrong oil, your car needs thin oil like 5W30. Get fully synthetic 5W30 with honda oil filter. Also replace with original honda air filter. Then this car has iridium spark plugs which last 100k kms. Get a thorough check from honda.
    The shell staff recommended this oil. They even asked me how much is the mileage on the car and I told them 49,000 kilometers. This isn't the first time I'm using the yellow can. (10W-40W)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List