0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Acceleration not that good

Aoa, I own a Honda Civic Reborn (8th Gen, VTi Oriel, Prosmatec) 2011 model. It has always been driven with care and never driven roughly. I am the first owner and have had the car for 5 years now and it's running is still under 50,000. Recently I have noticed that the cars acceleration isn't what a Reborn should be giving, it doesn't feel much like I'm driving an 1800 CC Honda Civic. :/ I tried to launch the car from 0 in drive and floored the pedal, the car didn't even spin and it was a normal launch. I get it that launch>spin but I don't know, I feel like it doesn't have that much power. I recently got the throttle body serviced, the exterior serviced, new spark plugs (ngk), catalytic converter serviced, 1 new motor mount and changed tyres with stock eurostar (I know they suck :p). Please tell me the bitter truth if Civics are underpowered or whatever, I just want to know why I can't feel that launch, that I felt in a Honda City 1.5 :/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza2501 View Post
    I am not comparing the pick with a manual transmission car. Also, modern automatic transmission cars are advanced and the difference is not that much now. (But CVT is better than manual). My acceleration used to be a lot better before!
    CVT is never better than manual; not only does it make the car feel (and move) limp, it also costs several times more to replace than a full manual tranny rebuild.

Autos are only good for high torque applications and turbos (no loss of boost between shifts); they have no place in a naturally aspirated four pot gasoline engine IMO.

Coming back to your problem; have you tested the O2 sensors for proper working?
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    CVT is never better than manual; not only does it make the car feel (and move) limp, it also costs several times more to replace than a full manual tranny rebuild.

Autos are only good for high torque applications and turbos (no loss of boost between shifts); they have no place in a naturally aspirated four pot gasoline engine IMO.

Coming back to your problem; have you tested the O2 sensors for proper working?
    I am talking regardless of the cost. CVT transmission is faster and more efficient than a manual would be. Also, no I haven't tested the O2 sensors!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am talking regardless of the cost. CVT transmission is faster and more efficient than a manual would be. Also, no I haven't tested the O2 sensors!
    There is an excellent guide on the forums for testing O2 sensors: Testing Your Car O2 Sensor....

Before messing around with the sensors however, it would be a good idea to hook up a cheap OBD2 scanner (ELM 327 + Torque App) and see the values while driving real time; the values to look for are Short Term Fuel Trim, Long Term Fuel Trim, and Ignition Timing, among others. Post the results here if you can, and experienced members can guide you with greater precision.

I have a couple of other questions; is the radiator fan direct or auto, and is the thermostat present and working properly? Is the temperature needle near the middle during normal driving or not?

Also, did you ever get the valve lash clearance (tappets) checked? If yes, what values did the mechanic set it on, and was it done on a stone cold engine?
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    There is an excellent guide on the forums for testing O2 sensors: Testing Your Car O2 Sensor....

Before messing around with the sensors however, it would be a good idea to hook up a cheap OBD2 scanner (ELM 327 + Torque App) and see the values while driving real time; the values to look for are Short Term Fuel Trim, Long Term Fuel Trim, and Ignition Timing, among others. Post the results here if you can, and experienced members can guide you with greater precision.

I have a couple of other questions; is the radiator fan direct or auto, and is the thermostat present and working properly? Is the temperature needle near the middle during normal driving or not?

Also, did you ever get the valve lash clearance (tappets) checked? If yes, what values did the mechanic set it on, and was it done on a stone cold engine?
    The radiator fan is auto. Thermostat is working. Temperature is always in middle. I don't know about the valve lash clearance values.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I suggest you go back to Honda 3S and ask them to carry out a thorough computerized diagnostic check. Could be something with the throttle and/or cat converter. And no, the kind of acceleration from 0 KMPH onwards you want is pretty much there in the 8th Gen. Also, you should gen some wheel spin. But keep in mind you have Prosmatec transmission. Don't expect something that comes with a "stick"
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa, I own a Honda Civic Reborn (8th Gen, VTi Oriel, Prosmatec) 2011 model. It has always been driven with care and never driven roughly. I am the first owner and have had the car for 5 years now and it's running is still under 50,000. Recently I have noticed that the cars acceleration isn't what a Reborn should be giving, it doesn't feel much like I'm driving an 1800 CC Honda Civic. :/ I tried to launch the car from 0 in drive and floored the pedal, the car didn't even spin and it was a normal launch. I get it that launch>spin but I don't know, I feel like it doesn't have that much power. I recently got the throttle body serviced, the exterior serviced, new spark plugs (ngk), catalytic converter serviced, 1 new motor mount and changed tyres with stock eurostar (I know they suck :p). Please tell me the bitter truth if Civics are underpowered or whatever, I just want to know why I can't feel that launch, that I felt in a Honda City 1.5 :/
    Well I've seen this before in a friend's 8th Gen! I've driven alot of 8th Gen, all of those were Prosmatec, and they were excellent, except for one! It's a 2008 model bought new, dealership maintained first hand driven carefully kept car! But the same problem it had was of acceleration! He still owns the same car, its now 120k+ driven and the same slow acceleration is there! If you find a solution do lemme know as he has been very unsuccessful in fixing this issue!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmerkhan123 View Post
    Well I've seen this before in a friend's 8th Gen! I've driven alot of 8th Gen, all of those were Prosmatec, and they were excellent, except for one! It's a 2008 model bought new, dealership maintained first hand driven carefully kept car! But the same problem it had was of acceleration! He still owns the same car, its now 120k+ driven and the same slow acceleration is there! If you find a solution do lemme know as he has been very unsuccessful in fixing this issue!
    Solution = Hi-Octane

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asim_n3 View Post
    Solution = Hi-Octane

I haven't noticed anything different after getting high octane in my Crv drives the same way it did on regular

Sent from my SM-G900F using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Normally it should be the Catalytic Convertor. May be it was not properly serviced? Remove it temporarily and drive the car. If performance is ok, then you know why!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

0-100 kiya? let's see if your numbers match your perception. A thousand things will arise if you don't make sure that it's not in your mind. Only xulfiqar can probably guide you the right way, there is a probability of a weak fuel pump or clogged injectors, or maybe your fuel filter needs replacements and I can tell you all these three things are rare at your mileage!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The radiator fan is auto. Thermostat is working. Temperature is always in middle. I don't know about the valve lash clearance values.
    Sir you need to check your car, is it really a civic reborn, prosmatec? Having a temperature guage in the middle? when you launch in First gear it stalls?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asim_n3 View Post
    Solution = Hi-Octane

Brother if you told me this when I was 15 I would've said yes that would work! But sadly I'm 29 now and have driven half the cars assembled around the world and, NO, HI-OCTANE IS NOT A SOLUTION!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai tum update kyun nahi kertay?