Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Civic 9 Gen or Altis Grande or Civic 10 Gen?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post Civic 9 Gen or Altis Grande or Civic 10 Gen?

I am interested to buy a new sedan automatic 1800 cc. I am working in private sector and based in Lahore with frequent travelling both Urban and Rural. Currently, I am using City 1.3 ivtec 2013 model. I have two options, either to go for Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatic OR Altis Grande CVTi. Based on my personal experience with previous honda car, seeing both vehicles at dealers, I intend to go for Civic due to comfort. I have never driven a corolla in the past. I will appreciate if the PW members and owners of both cars can give their precious suggestions whether I should prefer Altis Grande CVTi OR Civic VTI Oriel Prosmatic? Just in case you recommend to go for Civic, then second questions is whether I should go for the current 9 Generation Civic or should i wait for the 10th Gen civic? I mean is it really worth waiting for the new Civic and would I really regret if I buy the Civic 9 Gen now and later new one is launched? How much different is 10th Gen from 9 Gen?

Your suggestions, opinion based on the reasons will be highly appreciated. Thanks

(PS: I have gone through mostly threads related to this topic, so please do not suggest me to read them again. Question here is to seek your opinion on three of the available options.)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza2501 View Post
    "Comfort? Well to be honest corolla's shocks are more comfortable than civic stiff shocks." I CANT STOP LAUGHING 
    boy, every one knows that 11 gen corolla has softer and quieter drive than 9 gen civic.

Quote Originally Posted by drwaseemshaukat View Post
    Ok, so your suggestion is to straightaway goes for Altis Grande CVTi? Any idea that what is the ground clearance of this car (in mm)?
    brother, current gen of civic is good but not as good as earlier gens, most people (not only in pakistan) are disappointed by it. 10 gen civic, i have a feeling its going to kick some ***. so wait for it. If you cant, DO NOT BUY 9 gen civic, not this close to launch of a new gen. its resale is going to go down as the 10 gen civic is launched. Buy an 11 gen altis (i'd suggest 1.6 auto, sales like piece of cake) sale it when Atlas launches 10 gen civic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shabbir233 View Post
    Shifted from Corolla to Civic. I noted following differences:

1. Civic seats are very comfortable. Now I don't get tired on long motorway drives as I used to get tired in Corolla.
    2. Some people got their Corolla's stolen and shifted to Civic. Civics are not popular with thief's.
    3. Civic has four wheel independent suspension. Corolla doesn't. So road grip is much better. Lower profile also increases stability.
    4. Civic's boot (dikki) is smaller than Corolla. That is one plus point for Corolla if you are required to carry lots of baggage.
    5. Civic 9th generation is pretty good in fuel economy. On motorway I get approx 16.5 to 17 KM/Lit at speeds around 125-130.
    6. Civic headlamps are superior technology as compared to Altis.
    7. Altis Grande offers some extras, which you have to pay extras as options in Civic. If they are important to you then decide accordingly.
    8. Altis has same body as low end XLI. Civic has no low end.
    9. If Civic 10th generation is being launched this year with 1.5 L Turbo 174 HP engine, then you should wait. No car of its size (Vezel, Altis, Prius, etc) has so much horsepower, yet with same or slightly better fuel economy as current generation. If it is not being launched this year then make your decision. Taxes will also be low as we tax engine size not horsepower.
    Excellent review and advice given. Couldn't agree more. I have a 2016 Gli and 2015 top of the line Civic besides the extra goodies in Grande which are not present in GLi , I can easily say that I believe Civic is a much more superior car to it's counterpart. The major difference is in Drive, road grip and braking system. Go for Civic eyes closed you won't regret it but if you can wait certainly wait for the 10th Gen civic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zulayed View Post
    i've driven both corolla and civic on carpeted highways and bumpy rural roads. corollas suspension is the only point in favor of it when comparing the two cars. civic can be driven on rough roads with no issue. its just second best when compared. i'd suggest to wait for the new civic as first of all, it is gorgeous. and u'll be getting next gen engine and features. and i can assure u handling and stability of civic is much better especially on higher speeds as i have already experienced when my car did a 180 degree turn on motorway after i fell asleep and the car drifted. luckily i got away without a single scratch and i don't think i'd be living to tell this story had i been driving a corolla.
    first of all thanks to allah that you are safe. secondly dude thats no reflection on quality of civic or corolla, thats just your, what can i say, carelessness and hell of a luck.. i know this, a family friend of mine died a week ago on way to umrah(same mistake: wasnt fresh, fell asleep) he was driving audi a6.
    conclusion : drive safe and dont put your car in a position where it has to say " sorry buddy not your day".

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muhammad.sultan.shahid View Post
    first of all thanks to allah that you are safe. secondly dude thats no reflection on quality of civic or corolla, thats just your, what can i say, carelessness and hell of a luck.. i know this, a family friend of mine died a week ago on way to umrah(same mistake: wasnt fresh, fell asleep) he was driving audi a6.
    conclusion : drive safe and dont put your car in a position where it has to say " sorry buddy not your day".
    100% agree. I hate it when people blame accidents on cars, you gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts under the hood.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Of course i thank Allah everytime i remember the incident and always take enough rest before going on a long drive. my point was that in my opinion, such small difference probably proved to be the life saving factor for me. and since then i always take safety first.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zulayed View Post
    Of course i thank Allah everytime i remember the incident and always take enough rest before going on a long drive. my point was that in my opinion, such small difference probably proved to be the life saving factor for me. and since then i always take safety first.
    brother its good that you have learned from it.. and in my opinion that " small difference" was allah's blessing.. because if any car were to go off into the woods at motorway speed i assure you it wouldn't be "scratchless".

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

boy, every one knows that 11 gen corolla has softer and quieter drive than 9 gen civic.

brother, current gen of civic is good but not as good as earlier gens, most people (not only in pakistan) are disappointed by it. 10 gen civic, i have a feeling its going to kick some ***. so wait for it. If you cant, DO NOT BUY 9 gen civic, not this close to launch of a new gen. its resale is going to go down as the 10 gen civic is launched. Buy an 11 gen altis (i'd suggest 1.6 auto, sales like piece of cake) sale it when Atlas launches 10 gen civic.
    You have a valid point. It seems that waiting for the 10th gen civic is a good option, but my question is when can i expect to get the 10 gen civic as my ride? How long i will have to wait... Any clue?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You have a valid point. It seems that waiting for the 10th gen civic is a good option, but my question is when can i expect to get the 10 gen civic as my ride? How long i will have to wait... Any clue?
    i have heard some people say in first half of 2017 and some other people say in end of 2017. i don't know but my bet is on latter one. either way its a long wait.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have heard some people say in first half of 2017 and some other people say in end of 2017. i don't know but my bet is on latter one. either way its a long wait.
    Looks like long wait is difficult for me. I hope the 9 Gen civic if bought now will not lead to regretting in future.... ????????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 9 Gen or Altis Grande or Civic 10 Gen?

Looks like long wait is difficult for me. I hope the 9 Gen civic if bought now will not lead to regretting in future.... ????????
    If it was 2017, that would be a long wait but it's just a couple of months away as a matter of fact. Bookings are probably starting by end of this month. Trust me Sir, the 9th Gen is very much far behind 10th Gen. The difference is massive this time and the gap of improvement is quite large. The new car coming is not just a good Civic it's actually the best Civic ever and also a milestone for the segment in all brands. I have Allhamdolillah owned almost all PKDM Civics and currently own both 8th and 9th. And 9th being a good Civic was not what a Civic truely should have been after 8th. And the reaction was all around the globe. That is the very reason why globally Honda has launched a model after such a short span and trying to make up for the complaint of buyers switching between 8th and 9th, they have overdone the improvement with 10th.
    Many rumors are there about launch time of 10th in Pakistan but the truth is people spreading these delay rumors are either Civic haters i.e. Corolla fans or those who just recently bought 9th Gens and are wishing there is a delay in 10th.
    Anyone and everyone who has slightest contacts in Atlas are all saying the same thing i.e. Its coming in a few months. Even if you have been a regular Honda dealership customer and people at dealership know you a bit. They will tell you booking is about to start. For regular random walk in visitors they will say "we don't know when new model will come" because they do want to clear the stocks of 9th Gen with them as much as they can before next car is about to surface and that is exactly why Civic sales have drastically dropped.
    Rest if many of you experts want to tell me I'm wrong please go ahead i have no plans of trying to prove I am right because I don't need to. Those who don't want to believe should not.

Architecture is the art of how to waste space

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 9 Gen or Altis Grande or Civic 10 Gen?

And by the way: please go through the 10th Gen Civic thread. All this has already been bragged upon again and again by many people. Some saying something and others saying other things.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244530
    Peace

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
    If it was 2017, that would be a long wait but it's just a couple of months away as a matter of fact. Bookings are probably starting by end of this month. Trust me Sir, the 9th Gen is very much far behind 10th Gen. The difference is massive this time and the gap of improvement is quite large. The new car coming is not just a good Civic it's actually the best Civic ever and also a milestone for the segment in all brands. I have Allhamdolillah owned almost all PKDM Civics and currently own both 8th and 9th. And 9th being a good Civic was not what a Civic truely should have been after 8th. And the reaction was all around the globe. That is the very reason why globally Honda has launched a model after such a short span and trying to make up for the complaint of buyers switching between 8th and 9th, they have overdone the improvement with 10th.
    Many rumors are there about launch time of 10th in Pakistan but the truth is people spreading these delay rumors are either Civic haters i.e. Corolla fans or those who just recently bought 9th Gens and are wishing there is a delay in 10th.
    Anyone and everyone who has slightest contacts in Atlas are all saying the same thing i.e. Its coming in a few months. Even if you have been a regular Honda dealership customer and people at dealership know you a bit. They will tell you booking is about to start. For regular random walk in visitors they will say "we don't know when new model will come" because they do want to clear the stocks of 9th Gen with them as much as they can before next car is about to surface and that is exactly why Civic sales have drastically dropped.
    Rest if many of you experts want to tell me I'm wrong please go ahead i have no plans of trying to prove I am right because I don't need to. Those who don't want to believe should not.

Thank bro for a detailed opinion. Although previously I had made up my mind to go with the 9 Gen civic, but after reading your post, I am again back to confusion. It has helped me to getting back from the decision. Although a little further push on wait is still needed to make a final decision to wait, yet your points are rock solid..!! Any one else may want to add please....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You decision depends on your urgency. And your decision can be helped by taking a test drive in both the new cars. That should give you an idea about the feel of each car. If you like the new Corolla's drive then you can just go ahead and buy it. But if you think that the drive of both cars is similar and you are in no hurry then you can wait for the new Civic to be launched (whenever that may be). And then take a test drive in it and make the final decision.
    :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehran View Post
    You decision depends on your urgency. And your decision can be helped by taking a test drive in both the new cars. That should give you an idea about the feel of each car. If you like the new Corolla's drive then you can just go ahead and buy it. But if you think that the drive of both cars is similar and you are in no hurry then you can wait for the new Civic to be launched (whenever that may be). And then take a test drive in it and make the final decision.
    Thanks Thats Great. I have had a test drive on Corolla GLI and Civic and offcourse liked the Civic. No idea about Altis Grande Corolla.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you can wait , then decide after 10th gen launch. Max time is 5-6months

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but 9th gen civic is most comfortable civic ever
    8th gen civic i have kept 4 years it was not comfortable

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any source?
    as bro many people are saying new civic is coming in 2016 september which i cant believe??waiting for your reply

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank bro for a detailed opinion. Although previously I had made up my mind to go with the 9 Gen civic, but after reading your post, I am again back to confusion. It has helped me to getting back from the decision. Although a little further push on wait is still needed to make a final decision to wait, yet your points are rock solid..!! Any one else may want to add please....
    Quote Originally Posted by fazeil.chaudhary View Post
    any source?
    as bro many people are saying new civic is coming in 2016 september which i cant believe??waiting for your reply
    one of my former classmates from UET got internship in honda atlas plant(through heavy connections). we talked a little while back and he told me that parts are just being imported, which puts the launch in 2017. no earlier.
    And for @drwaseemshaukat i think you should go for 9th gen civic because you already made decision, sure resale is gonna fall but its not so great now. i'd say go for used one.. so depreciation wont hit you too hard when 10 gen is launched.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

regret is inevitable. because if you buy a brand new car and after 8-9 months new shape is released you are gonna wish deep down if not openly. why? because:
    you are at signal and beside you a 10 gen comes you are gonna think wow! and its only 200k more than what i paid for my car. why dont i have that?
    but when you go to sell your car and buy new one difference is much more. because even though it should be around 200-300k, no one who can afford 2.6million car is going to sacrifice new generation for 200-300k. so you'll have to sale your car cheaper than it is and add 400-500k for 10 gen..
    if you dont, well you will still know that if you'd waited some time you could have had that car for 200k more. but now its 400-500k.
    thats regret my friend.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
    Corolla is a work horse. Better for rough use. But you can forget the driving pleasure. My personal experience with out if station visits on Corolla: makes you tired
    Also there have been many and many posts in Pakwheels as well and i have eye witnessed myself many times that 11th Gen Corolla has a stupid grip, not saying Civics don't topple but i bet you that the number of Civics toppled from 2012 to 2016 is not even half compared to Corolla from 2014 to 2016 and here is proof from another recent PW thread. I promise you can find many more Corollas in this condition and much less Civics (this is just one example of what Corollas are frequently prone to) The high road clearance and stance of the car made me guess very first day i saw it: This is against the rule for a lower centre of gravity and it would flip and lose control in emergency situations easily. And that's what started happening.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1459783745.818611.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  166.2 KB
    So if u want to make it work like a reliable donkey and never go above 100, get a Corolla. If you want comfort, control and ride pleasure get a Civic.
    About the 10 Gen Civic. It has already been globally established as the best sedan of it's class and also the best Civic ever. So yes you will regret like anything for not buying it

I dont agree
    I had both 9th gen Civic 2013 with 205/60/16 Michelin Primacy Hp and 11th Gen Corolla Gli AT with same tyres the Road Grip of corolla was way better than 9th gen Civic even at 160 Gli felt much better and in control as compared to Civic 2013 top of the line at a curve near phase 8 DHA Emaar
    i had to slow down in my Civic everytime while checking and comparing it with my Corolla Corolla felt much better at all speeds from 0 to 160
    and you should also look at the sale figures before comparing more accidents of Corollas against Civic
    no offense
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List