Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hassan1991
  • 1 Post By janleva

Thread: Civic 98 vs civic 95 vs baleno

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdkhan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nowshera cantt
    Posts
    504
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Civic 98 vs civic 95 vs baleno

    What to buy among these?budgets is around 550k
    im a student so need a car for daily routine of 30km and also cheap to maintain?


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    janleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,861
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    buy a mehran ..its the only car which is cheap to maintain . it will be very hard for you to find the mentioned models in good condition otherwise you have to be ready for unexpected visits to the mechanic on regular basis. I my self own a civic 1997 as well its a age less model. I recommend it only if you get a very well maintained one. Its handling, styling and engine is very responsive. The 95s have a carbi engine from factory I don't recommend swapped ones.
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    5th & 6th gen are real civic not the pos one no comparison with baleno but you being student won't be able to maintain any of three get a mehran or cultus type car

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdkhan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nowshera cantt
    Posts
    504
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janleva View Post
    buy a mehran ..its the only car which is cheap to maintain . it will be very hard for you to find the mentioned models in good condition otherwise you have to be ready for unexpected visits to the mechanic on regular basis. I my self own a civic 1997 as well its a age less model. I recommend it only if you get a very well maintained one. Its handling, styling and engine is very responsive. The 95s have a carbi engine from factory I don't recommend swapped ones.
    Already a mehran in garage,want an sedan.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdkhan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nowshera cantt
    Posts
    504
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    5th & 6th gen are real civic not the pos one no comparison with baleno but you being student won't be able to maintain any of three get a mehran or cultus type car
    already have mehran,btw having a civic 98 automatic with touching final 550k in eyes.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    janleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,861
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdkhan2 View Post
    already have mehran,btw having a civic 98 automatic with touching final 550k in eyes.
    is it a vti or exi automatics are a gamble. Is the engine original or swapped
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Hassan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,283
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Get 95 civic, parts are less expensive then 98 civic but as said it's hard to find an original one
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that WE are IGNORANT

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdkhan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nowshera cantt
    Posts
    504
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janleva View Post
    is it a vti or exi automatics are a gamble. Is the engine original or swapped
    vti,orignal engine buying from my father collegue army officer.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    janleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,861
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    BEST OF LUCK do share your experience when you get it keep one thing in mind you will get average around 8-9km per litre on a auto one.
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •