25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Thinking of upgrading from 2000 Civic to 2006+ (Reborn) Civic

Guys I currently have an old 2000 model civic vti auto and I'm thinking I should upgrade to a newer model (used). I want to buy the 2006+ civic (called reborn).

What are some common problems in used civics available in the market and what should I look for and what should I avoid and what should be the price ?

Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I upgraded from a 2002 City EXiS to a 2007 Reborn a couple of years ago. There is a huge price difference between early model and late model Reborns. Following are some of the pet problems associated with early model Reborns which I myself encountered:

1) The right engine mount goes bad. Mine used to give a bit of a vibration so I pretty much replaced that mount soon after buying
    2) Power steering leakage. Mine used to drip a bit of oil on the floor (but only required topping up every couple of months). Anyway, just because of the mess it used to create, I had the pipe replaced a few months back
    3) The serpentine belt tensioner goes bad. Mine didnt display any symptoms as such but I just changed it for the heck of it (a few months ago) and the engine now seems to have been liberated and is so much more responsive

Other than that I would say its the usual stuff that you look for in a car. The worst things that I can think of are the hard uncomfortable seats and poor mileage. Setting this aside, its an awesome car, great fun. Here in Karachi I guess you can get a very decent 2007 Reborn for around 1.1million. I have no experience with CNG and always buy cars that have been driven on petrol.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Expect a very bad fuel consumption... Other than that every thing is usual

Sent from my C6616 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rahat083144 View Post
    I upgraded from a 2002 City EXiS to a 2007 Reborn a couple of years ago. There is a huge price difference between early model and late model Reborns. Following are some of the pet problems associated with early model Reborns which I myself encountered:

1) The right engine mount goes bad. Mine used to give a bit of a vibration so I pretty much replaced that mount soon after buying
    2) Power steering leakage. Mine used to drip a bit of oil on the floor (but only required topping up every couple of months). Anyway, just because of the mess it used to create, I had the pipe replaced a few months back
    3) The serpentine belt tensioner goes bad. Mine didnt display any symptoms as such but I just changed it for the heck of it (a few months ago) and the engine now seems to have been liberated and is so much more responsive

Other than that I would say its the usual stuff that you look for in a car. The worst things that I can think of are the hard uncomfortable seats and poor mileage. Setting this aside, its an awesome car, great fun. Here in Karachi I guess you can get a very decent 2007 Reborn for around 1.1million. I have no experience with CNG and always buy cars that have been driven on petrol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faizan920 View Post
    Expect a very bad fuel consumption... Other than that every thing is usual

Fuel Economy : I get less than 9km/l on 2000 civic vti. How much does Reborn get ? I've heard it gets ~14km/l on highway, and ~10-12km/l in city.

Also, how are later reborns different ? Like any mechanical/engine difference that improves economy etc ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by butwhy View Post
    Fuel Economy : I get less than 9km/l on 2000 civic vti. How much does Reborn get ? I've heard it gets ~14km/l on highway, and ~10-12km/l in city.

Also, how are later reborns different ? Like any mechanical/engine difference that improves economy etc ?
    7-8 city, 13 highway light foot.
    I upgraded from 2002 vti manual to 2009 reborn prosmatic orial almost 7 weeks ago. And for me that was a very huge fuel difference. One thing I noticed on my last trip on motorway that high speed doesn't make much difference, my avg speed was somewhere around 150, never dropped 130, and avg was 11.4 with full ac.
    still reborn have it's own feel, nothing beats that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mine (2007 Prosmatec) gives under 9km/L but that is with AC and short trips in stop-go traffic. Plus, I just cant help flooring the damn thing, its so much fun - and my daily driver is a Accord CL9 so just imagine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I absolutely agree with Rahat's comments. From 2011-2015, i kept Japan made 2007 model and faced similar engine mount, tensioner replacement and steering leakage issue.

I suggest to go for a later model whereby these issues were resolved.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List