+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Faizan920
  • 1 Post By HellsGuardian
  • 1 Post By Faizan920
  • 1 Post By hash4u
  • 1 Post By HellsGuardian
  • 1 Post By Adeelnm

Thread: What is the noise from A/C compressor of Honda civic exi 2006.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default What is the noise from A/C compressor of Honda civic exi 2006.

Recently noise started from my Honda civic exi 2006 A/C compressor both on load and unload condition. I went to A/C workshop and after checking the mechanic told me that some parts are required to changed in the compressor. He took out compressor and opened it up and replaced some parts inside compressor. A/C was tested but again noise like worn out bearing was noticed from compressor. This time noise on load was little but during unload it becomes loud. A/C mechanic told me to come again for further checking. Kindly someone tell me the real problem with compressor and suggest a suitable solution. Can anyone tell me the price of new compressor and kabli compressor and its reliability. Thanks. Khawaja Jodat Wapda Town Lahore.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

90% its compressor bearing.
    I got this repair for 3 times from different places in lahore, never worked.
    Kabali compressor cost b/w 5-7k. Not repaired with one week warranty is atleast 6.5/7 k.
    No idea about new. Almost no experience with new parts of this car 😝😝

Sent from my C6616 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khjodat1 View Post
    Recently noise started from my Honda civic exi 2006 A/C compressor both on load and unload condition. I went to A/C workshop and after checking the mechanic told me that some parts are required to changed in the compressor. He took out compressor and opened it up and replaced some parts inside compressor. A/C was tested but again noise like worn out bearing was noticed from compressor. This time noise on load was little but during unload it becomes loud. A/C mechanic told me to come again for further checking. Kindly someone tell me the real problem with compressor and suggest a suitable solution. Can anyone tell me the price of new compressor and kabli compressor and its reliability. Thanks. Khawaja Jodat Wapda Town Lahore.
    What parts did he replace? Compressor is not a serviceable item and i have never heard of anything like opened the compressor and changed parts. Did you mean he opened up the clutch assembly?

First confirm if the noise is coming from inside the compressor or the clutch mechanism (use a mechanic's steth or a long piece of metal rod, carefully place one end on compressor casing and one end touching your ear). How is the cooling of car? Ask him to remove the belt and move the pulley, is there play in it? if yes, remove the pulley and check bearing, My guess is that the pulley bearing is shot, change it with a new one asap otherwise like in my case, it will bite on to the casing rendering whole compressor useless.

if pulley has play but bearing is fine, then you gotta replace the compressor.
    If pulley has no play, check if clutch has play, if both the clutch and pulley are fine, then your compressor is gone.

In islamabad,
    New compressor costs ~30k
    kabli costs 6.5K

Regarding reliability, you can test before installing if the pulley moves without any noise, no wobbling etc but there are no guarantees, It can last of years or it can give up any time. Usually mechanics give 15 days warranty for kabli compressors so ask your mechanic about it.

Avoid using AC until you fix it, i was unaware of the real issue and i kept using AC with the noise and one day it bite on compressor casing, tore the belt in center. Even though my AC was working great, i had to dump it all together and buy a kabli one. Ultimately it costed me 10000, if i had replaced bearing in timely manner, it would have been a mere 2-3k job.

And all work stated above can be done without removing compressor or even gas. Don't let mechanic fool you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kabali reliability varies Alot. I bought my vti 100k driven ib bad condition. Drove it 250k more and sold at 361k.
    I had to change compressor twice. Both worked good. 1 for almost 90k. Then due to ac service guy negligence its gone. The second one was working for more then 150k and was still working when I sold that car 2 month ago.
    Still kabali is not hundred percent peace of mind. Bilalganjiii are chors.... If you don't have good connection there you can't find something perfect

Sent from my C6616 using PW Forums mobile app

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many many thanks for your kind and detailed explaination regarding noisey compressor fault. Yes the A/C cooling is great. After repair of compressor by shifting few parts of kabli compressor to my compressor he assembled it and when started the A/C there was again some noise like worn out bearing or something is touching a movable part. He was asked and he say that he will remove the pulley and clutch coil to see which one is making noise. However, I was sitting there in workshop for more than 5 hours and feeling tired so I left for home and didn't see what he did after me. After 3 hours I came back to workshop and he said that now it is ok. I checked it and found it almost normal but there was a slight hint of grinding noise while compressor was off load. After few days the noise raised to audible limit. Now compressor makes noise when it is off load and when it is on load it becomes almost smooth. I contacted him and told about the new development and he said that bring the car to his workshop for checkup and he will see what to do to rectify it. He charged me Rs 5000 for compressor repair work and general service of evaporator and condenser by washing with water jet. Do you think the charges are justified. Thanks & regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

same problem with my friends exi prosmatic just 125,000 km driven
    2 AC technicians suggested compressor change
    got a kabli 1
    noise gone
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I own a city 2001 I was having same problem in last summer when i serviced my Ac , changed the compressor oil and refilled gas, after all this work a rattling sound was coming from some where near dashboard i think (a metal colliding sound i think) I went to Ac mechanic but he said everything is fine. Now after 1 year the sound is totally gone i did,nt skeptic about the though but i will again try to hear if some sound is coming or not,, tell me i had the same problem?? ONE THING TO NOTE THAT BEFORE SERVICE AND GAS AND COMPRESSOR OIL REFILLED THERE WAS NO SUCH SOUND EXISTED

Sent from my QMobile Z8 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ac is running absolutely cooooool in my car Alhamdulilah

Sent from my QMobile Z8 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khjodat1 View Post
    Many many thanks for your kind and detailed explaination regarding noisey compressor fault. Yes the A/C cooling is great. After repair of compressor by shifting few parts of kabli compressor to my compressor he assembled it and when started the A/C there was again some noise like worn out bearing or something is touching a movable part. He was asked and he say that he will remove the pulley and clutch coil to see which one is making noise. However, I was sitting there in workshop for more than 5 hours and feeling tired so I left for home and didn't see what he did after me. After 3 hours I came back to workshop and he said that now it is ok. I checked it and found it almost normal but there was a slight hint of grinding noise while compressor was off load. After few days the noise raised to audible limit. Now compressor makes noise when it is off load and when it is on load it becomes almost smooth. I contacted him and told about the new development and he said that bring the car to his workshop for checkup and he will see what to do to rectify it. He charged me Rs 5000 for compressor repair work and general service of evaporator and condenser by washing with water jet. Do you think the charges are justified. Thanks & regards,
    It is weird that its making less noise with load. Any way i still suspect its the pulley bearing. As mentioned above check where the play lies. If its bearing you can replace it, if bearing is ok and still noise/play then you have to change compressor. Also check for belt play, it should be 1/2 inch

One more thing, while noise is coming. press the clutch pedal to the floor, does the noise go away?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many thanks for further advice. No my car is automatic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also started to hear strange noise after I start the AC for like past 10 days. Before that it was working pretty fine. When the car is idle, the sound is like "krr krr krr krr krr krr". when I turn off the AC, the sound goes.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You better get check the compressor of your car from some good A/C workshop. Try Nasir car A/C on Peco road near Model town Link road. Contact number 35155428

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List