Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By lazers
  • 1 Post By basimsoomro2
  • 1 Post By lazers
  • 1 Post By ToxicDevil

Thread: Shock Boots and Shock Mounts (Honda Civic 8th)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Shock Boots and Shock Mounts (Honda Civic 8th)

Hi All, today I found that my shock boots are torn, the guy at Honda said mounting and boot need to be replaced and total cost is around 11500. I was thinking of delaying it by 2 weeks as it needs 2.5 hrs around and did not have time. I also have to go out of station on during eid holidays. Is this feasible ? To wait for another 2 weeks ? I dont know how long it has already been since they are torn. Is shock damaged if boots are torn, I Googled but found conflicting opinions. Secondly how do i check if mounts also need replacement ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brothers thats a very sensitive part of Honda. If you are driving the 8thgen on a bumpy road it will eventually break and keep on breaking. I own a 8th gen genuine or not every mount breaks in 15 to 20k km driving range. Lesson is i donot get is installed from honda for the so much high price you mentioned I ho aftermarket buy a 1400 worth of mount and Pay 6hundres rs to mechanic and problem is solved

Sent from my SM-G900F using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks, what about its importance, how safe is it if I do not get it changed right now and delay it ?
    Anyone know how I can check oil mount ?
    FJ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Arent they making weird sound. If they are break change them right now otherwise it will lead to much bigger problems. If for any reason you are unable to replace dont drive the car then

Sent from my SM-G900F using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when i owned oriel its engine oil mount leaked. car makes noise and vibration and a loud noise when u come across an uneven road or speed breaker. i first installed a thai made but it failed after 1 month always install genuine honda mount it is expensive but works.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Torn shock boots and broken shock mountings is a indication of weak shocks. When the shocks become weak they press down excessively and hit at its lower limit. This causes torn shock boots and even mountings. However, you can check the condition of shocks at home by pushing down the fender and release it. If the car feels very soft or moves up down more than once then it mean the shocks are weak. Don't get it done from Honda dealer as they are very expensive. For boots and mountings contact Al Rehman autos shop in Montgomery road 0331 4142365 they have got the best parts for honda cars with very affordable price. For shock replacement just rely on Bilal Gunj market and contact Romail Butt 0322 4617296. Try to do this job early but in case you want to delay it for a week or so then drive slowly and carefully and avoid potholes as driving with weak shocks and broken mountings the other suspension parts may get damage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khjodat1 View Post
    Torn shock boots and broken shock mountings is a indication of weak shocks. When the shocks become weak they press down excessively and hit at its lower limit. This causes torn shock boots and even mountings. However, you can check the condition of shocks at home by pushing down the fender and release it. If the car feels very soft or moves up down more than once then it mean the shocks are weak. Don't get it done from Honda dealer as they are very expensive. For boots and mountings contact Al Rehman autos shop in Montgomery road 0331 4142365 they have got the best parts for honda cars with very affordable price. For shock replacement just rely on Bilal Gunj market and contact Romail Butt 0322 4617296. Try to do this job early but in case you want to delay it for a week or so then drive slowly and carefully and avoid potholes as driving with weak shocks and broken mountings the other suspension parts may get damage.
    Thanks man. Car is only driven 67k and that too, on clean LHR roads. I will do the test as well and see the response. Drive wise, car is jusy fine. All i could see are the torn shock boots not sure abt mounts as i did not see them myself. I think only shock boots are torn and he just added mounts as well cause replacing boots will also need to dismantle the mount.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    FJ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best Answer
    Community Votes: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lazers View Post
    Thanks man. Car is only driven 67k and that too, on clean LHR roads. I will do the test as well and see the response. Drive wise, car is jusy fine. All i could see are the torn shock boots not sure abt mounts as i did not see them myself. I think only shock boots are torn and he just added mounts as well cause replacing boots will also need to dismantle the mount.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    You can visit Ahsan Zakir motors on Lawrence road. I always go to them. Very reasonable charges and are not money grabbers. Once I had torn CV joint boots and they just disassembled it and told me that the joint is fine. Refilled the grease in a new boot. If it were any other workshop they would have replaced the whole joint.

You can go to them and get their opinion too.

Now about your question.

Many cars just dont have boots on shocks (My car never had them and is working fine). They are just there to keep dust and water out thus increasing the life of shocks. So I would say that it is fine if you dont replace them in a couple of weeks.

About the mounting it depends on if the mounting is actually broken or not (maybe it is just cracked). You will probably feel rattling, jerks or vibration if one is broken. Or you can inspect visually.
    The urgency to replace depends on whether it is broken or cracked and location of the mounting. Some mountings are more important and should be replaced ASAP while you can make do with others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Secondly if you spray oil or diesel under the car you should stop it since it is bad for rubber parts like boots and mountings.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List