404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda's are not reliable?

Well only in Pakistan we hear more complains .....
    This odo is of a very good friends car in canada
    2002 civic. Sealed engine. Still going strong

Name:  1470004511905.jpg
Views: 1727
Size:  38.7 KB

Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by buozier View Post
    not true at all !!!!
    I live here and see a hell of difference in even plastic.
    I have honda in pak, honda here as well. as described above in some' ones post. hell of difference. not same at all by any means.
    PLUS

Here, many honda's have not seen a mechanic at all in all their age.

What you say now ???
    Are you one of those guys who just needs a foreign stamp on every thing even its ***? Xulfiqar is right Honda in USA and Canada are not good like japanese ones or pakistani ones. Many finishing issues with them too. That is just a thinking of people from Pakistan that every thing from USA Japan etc is gold. But pakistani is always a pakistani you'll see most of pakistanis in canada and usa driving a camry but not a Chevrolet, Mercedes or VW.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I wrote after I personally took them apart for repairs - yes they do break down and most reason they dont go to mechanics is because most civics and accords are owned by students or people who can only afford them on financing. Meaning - they only do breakdown maintenance or when the inspection station makes the car illegal to be driven on the road. The so many hondas that dont see mechanics in their life are the same ones that go from owner to scrapyard in one straight shot. Lots of them loaded in pick and pulls and crushing yards everyday.

It doesnt mean that those cars are awesome, if thats the case then the old 2 stroke suzuki pickups in Pakistan are 50 times better than these hondas.

The reason your honda doesnt break down in USA or Canada with new parts is because the mechanic has to do a good job to provide a warranty for his work - he/she has to follow best practices to achieve that. In Pakistan there is no warranty - so the mechanic cannot be even held responsible for leaving out a few bolts. Then you get the line-up at spraying the suspension and engine with used engine oil or diesel fuel.. further destroying it to oblivion and then "onda nazuk gaddi aye"

think of it - Subarus are tough as volcanic rock - yet they failed in Pakistan.. - its a different chapter.

back to plastics - do open up a civic in USA remove its dashboard and pillar trims and then do that in Pakistan (I have done both) - the difference is pretty obvious if you have been doing this a lot.
    Most of the 6th gen accords i saw in US or Canada had a lot of miles, most of them were like 300K miles. Mostly 4cyl F23A. Very good car indeed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaahmed96 View Post
    Are you one of those guys who just needs a foreign stamp on every thing even its cow poo? Xulfiqar is right Honda in USA and Canada are not good like japanese ones or pakistani ones. Many finishing issues with them too. That is just a thinking of people from Pakistan that every thing from USA Japan etc is gold. But pakistani is always a pakistani you'll see most of pakistanis in canada and usa driving a camry but not a Chevrolet, Mercedes or VW.

First you asked a question. and answer is NO. I dont' need a stamp.
    I am merely compairing the milage one goes before repairs needed.
    Xulfiqar is my good friend and we see each other rarely if not oftenly.

Please read above first, before taunting. we are discussing the durability, not the plastic.

You have no right on judging other pakistani living in north america, using camry or suzuki. Thats entirly their personal choice.

What you posted is, seems like your own version of person's choice comparison. And we are talking about cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you guys are getting way to personal
    lets stick to the main discussion of built quality (foreign vs local )
    thanks
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What neither of the people understand is the basic issue between Pakistan and the other 1st world countries such as the US, Canada, and Japan is that we in Pakistan don't have the best roads available to us to drive. Try driving a Ferrari or a lambo here in Pakistan at 160kmph and guaranteed your bumper will break and or the car will sustain heavy damage as the roads are uneven. Therefore let's not even compare our cars vs their cars as the environment matters a lot. We have a tonne of dust flying around everywhere and that damages the cars too in the long run.

Having said that, the cars in Pakistan to date a hell of a lot of beating from the environment and a the roads therefore it's not their fault that at 60,000 km they ask for a shock change or an engine mount change as they weren't designed to sustain so much damage in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sashah666 View Post
    What neither of the people understand is the basic issue between Pakistan and the other 1st world countries such as the US, Canada, and Japan is that we in Pakistan don't have the best roads available to us to drive. Try driving a Ferrari or a lambo here in Pakistan at 160kmph and guaranteed your bumper will break and or the car will sustain heavy damage as the roads are uneven. Therefore let's not even compare our cars vs their cars as the environment matters a lot. We have a tonne of dust flying around everywhere and that damages the cars too in the long run.

Having said that, the cars in Pakistan to date a hell of a lot of beating from the environment and a the roads therefore it's not their fault that at 60,000 km they ask for a shock change or an engine mount change as they weren't designed to sustain so much damage in the first place.

can you list which countries you have driven in?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda's are not reliable?

can you list which countries you have driven in?
    I don't understand why me listing the countries/cities I've driven in helps but here goes nothing.

Have driven in Singapore, all over Europe including France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Spain and as well as Turkey both sides of Turkey I mean, Europe and Asia). On the other side, I have driven in Canada (once only for a short period) and the US (East and West both). Have also driven in Australia in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and Sydney.

-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zish79 View Post
    Pakistani plastics are better......really??....i have heard it from someone for the very first time....Auto parts built quality decreases globally and unfortunately this happens badly in Pakistan, understanding this isnt require anybody to be so technical...everybody can see it very easily....lets look at the attached below picture here..this is 2012 Civic reborn with only 34K km done (genuine) that also very carefully...nothing had been hit nor abused whatsoever and these two crack emerges from nowhere....this is my car...i am sharing this here because i have seen so many other Reborns in which same pattern of cracks found on DVD consoles and all of them like " we dont know where they come from"....why is that so??.....poor quality as a result of what??...." COST CUTTING" and there are so may other similar kind of examples around us....

I have used 1999 and 2004 civics previously.....just compare even their dashboard quality and u could realize what i am trying to say....the quality of 2004 civics dashboard is far more good in quality than Reborn plastic one....why??....." COST CUTTING".......

Rest all u said about mechanics is totally a different story.....my point is related to manufacturing not the maintenance...and for maintenance u r right like i said proper maintenance is necessary to keep ur vehicle upto par.......Hondas are not reliable? -1703754Hondas are not reliable? -1703755
    the cracks are on navigation plastic, in Pakistan getting navigation from factory means cheap 25k navigation with plastic color that matches the interior better for 55k. It is by tracker world not a part of CKD kit imported by Honda.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think @Xulfiqar has the credentials to be taken seriously with his perspective.

Not many of us have a complete thread dedicated to helping others.

What I have gleaned is that the lack of MECHANIC'S competence in Pakistan has tarnised Honda's reliability locally.

And that Honda Civics attract a totally different market segment in the North Americas than here, thus for the poor quality.
    One reason that they sell ACURAs over there for the up market.

\\\AMG

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

also I've experience with a UK import 8th gen shape Honda civic hybrid. It was equipped with 6 to 8 airbags and a dark gray interior scheme, truth to be told with my experience of plastics (We import PET, PBT, Polyester and other plastic material and some semi finished plastic goods for local industry), the quality of plastic used in pillars and door cards of local 8th gen is much better. especially plastic in pillars was worse than 2002-2007 local corolla bad. and the A/C condenser gathered rust and lost efficiency within a year of use and leaked gas at the beginning of this season. so yes the quality of parts imported in CKD kit is as good as any imported car, though assembly and quality control at Honda Atlas isn't upto mark.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's true.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sashah666 View Post
    I don't understand why me listing the countries/cities I've driven in helps but here goes nothing.

Have driven in Singapore, all over Europe including France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Spain and as well as Turkey both sides of Turkey I mean, Europe and Asia). On the other side, I have driven in Canada (once only for a short period) and the US (East and West both). Have also driven in Australia in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and Sydney.

and still you claim that roads in Pakistan are bad?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had an opportunity to ride a HONDA CITY few times in last 4 weeks with the WORST Driver [ HE beats a cautious lady driver ] i ever encountered @archon2001 - the Honda City is over 9 years old but it in good condition since its been maintained by OWNER himself as DIY. Despite he been conned by HONDA for ATF, which few of US guided him to renew himself with assistance.

my Little one living in Vancouver, CA drives a Honda CRV 2013, she has clocked over 85000 kms. She has opted for extended warranty service and the vehicle is as cool & interior is as fresh brand new even after 3 years. The CRV is her daily ride plus the family SHOPPING LOADER from across the border in Seattle, WA every weekend, & vacation Touring wheels.

whereas a HONDA CRV 2013 to her cousin sister [from extended family] in abu dhabi, sux big time the vehicle is under 35000 km and HONDA UAE twice recalled it to FIX an ECU software for fuel economy. Fuel injector rail has been changed multiple times, The suspension has been fixed once due to rattle noise while going over curves. The dashboard has cracked from many spots due to summer temps despite the covered parking.

i believe its not only PKDM Hondas, it is about Honda manufacturing standards which surely differ region to region

- www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and still you claim that roads in Pakistan are bad?
    Lol. And yet YOU think that Pakistani roads are good?

-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    i had an opportunity to ride a HONDA CITY few times in last 4 weeks with the WORST Driver [ HE beats a cautious lady driver ] i ever encountered @archon2001 - the Honda City is over 9 years old but it in good condition since its been maintained by OWNER himself as DIY. Despite he been conned by HONDA for ATF, which few of US guided him to renew himself with assistance.

my Little one living in Vancouver, CA drives a Honda CRV 2013, she has clocked over 85000 kms. She has opted for extended warranty service and the vehicle is as cool & interior is as fresh brand new even after 3 years. The CRV is her daily ride plus the family SHOPPING LOADER from across the border in Seattle, WA every weekend, & vacation Touring wheels.

whereas a HONDA CRV 2013 to her cousin sister [from extended family] in abu dhabi, sux big time the vehicle is under 35000 km and HONDA UAE twice recalled it to FIX an ECU software for fuel economy. Fuel injector rail has been changed multiple times, The suspension has been fixed once due to rattle noise while going over curves. The dashboard has cracked from many spots due to summer temps despite the covered parking.

i believe its not only PKDM Hondas, it is about Honda manufacturing standards which surely differ region to region

If I'm not wrong I think Honda vehicles of the UAE are imported from somewhere as they don't assemble them in the UAE. They need to start having them made/assembled in the UAE to better cater to their own environment.

Have to agree with you that the same car has very different standards region to region as we can clearly see in the Civic X PKDM and the Civic X US. Unfortunate.

-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

possibly HONDA is landing into UAE most likely from Thailand. oil prices will never see $50+ price tag ever again.
    Japanese manufacturer setting up a Automobile manufacturing industrial unit , that too in arabic speaking world is highly unlikely. with embargo lifted and Iran a good boy now a self sustaining republic will see diversion of world resources and BIG BOOM in industrialization. Mercedes, Peugeot, Renault, Volvo & Hyundai groups are already active.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    possibly HONDA is landing into UAE most likely from Thailand. oil prices will never see $50+ price tag ever again.
    Japanese manufacturer setting up a Automobile manufacturing industrial unit , that too in arabic speaking world is highly unlikely. with embargo lifted and Iran a good boy now a self sustaining republic will see diversion of world resources and BIG BOOM in industrialization. Mercedes, Peugeot, Renault, Volvo & Hyundai groups are already active.
    I have driven and owned Honda Accord and Toyota Camry in UAE in 2009, the Honda Accord was assembled in Marysville Ohio USA, i even asked Honda and they said that now we have US cars. Whereas camry was from Japan and i really felt its interior was better than Honda and it didn't asked for anything except oil changes. So what i felt is Japanese variants are much better loaded than counter US/North American versions, same is the case with Nissan, once you drive the old fifth gen Nissan Maxima it was made in japan and was far more superior than one which came in 2010 ownwards in UAE which was from Nissan USA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List