Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default New tires in Civic making sounds

Dear Experts,

I need your advice regarding tires sound. I am driving a Honda Civic 2013 model (38000km), whose tires has been changed recently. New tires are MAXIS tires 196/65/15 same specs. as old tires. Problem is that now I can hear some sounds after car cross 75kmph. The sounds are not humming sounds and somewhat you can say it is like mehran engine give sound after gaskit problem. It is also creating a little vibration in the steering wheel. I went back to the tire dealer, he is denying that this problem is due to tires. He said there must be some problem with bearing or something. But this sound was not there before tire change.

Please advise...

Best Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Discuss Tyre pressure and position of the tyres with some other tyre shop but if it dosent go I can understand if someone loves his car a little noise can be annoying am not that expert but if i were u i would try to change those tyres as soon as possible with some dunlop , yokohama or any other brand with the same size by paying the difference of cost .

Sent from my SM-G925F using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In order to cut the possibility of faulty tyres you could change the tyres temporary by borrowing from any one (friend or relative) or your other car (if u have). (I personally dont think its because of tyres)

If the sound persists then its definitely from one or more of your car wheel bearing.
    Once i have had a problem in my previous reborn that exactly and literally exactly on reaching 80 Km/hr humming sound started inside the car cabin and the culprit was one rear wheel bearing. I replaced it and the problem gone.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List