Honda civic 9th Gen was first launched in Late 2012 and continued till August 2016.
It was not very much accepted by the Honda lovers after very much successful life cycle of 8th Generation civic.
I bought 9th gen after keeping two 8th generation civic for about 5 years.
Here in this thread I will try to share every thing that a civic owner should know about his car.
that will cover preventive/schedule maintenance as well as corrective maintenance if I come across any.
Starting with some basic information about the car.
Engine Oil Replacement quantity with oil filter is 3.7 liters
with out oil filter is 3.5 liter
Transmission Oil for Manual transmission is 1.4 liters and Automatic is 2.4 Liters
According to Onwers manual, Front Cambers are 0.34' and rear are 0.33'
Front Toe-in is 0.00mm and rear is 2.00mm
Wheel base 2670mm
Manual transmission weighs 1,196 kg while Auto weighs 1,255 kg
Below is the list of mini projects that I intent/have done on my car
Complated/ Installed Add ons
(Click on any of the below to go to that DIY)
1. Replaced OEM DVD Navigation with Android 2nd Generation Android (2016)
2. i-Vtec Stickers on Rear Doors DIY
3. Transparent Vinyl on Door sills to protect paint DIY
4. Changed Number Plates
5. Tinted Fog Lights (Amber) DIY
6. Rims 16" Installed
7. Wheel Spacer to increase axle track (Done) DIY
8. Chrome Door Handles (Done)
9. Front Grill Changed to OEM 2016 Model DIY
10. Car Lowered by 1.75 inch (Road Grip increased by 50%) DIY
11. Windows Black Tint
12. 5D Floor Mats
13. Navigation Maps Update DIY
14. Painted Lower end of Rear bumper to Black DIY
15. Setup OBD Display of Engine/ Sensor Readings DIY
To Do List
1. Rims Change. white color 16" (May be some time)
2. Body Kit (May be some time)
3. Trunk Lining "Carpet"
4. Hood Linking "Carpet"
5. Rear USDM Trunk and Lights (Trying to find)
6. HID in Fog Lights
7. Leather Stitched Steering Wheel
8. Changing Tyres to 215/55R16
9. Tweeters on front Pillars
10. Lane watch assistance Camera connected to i-MID display
11. Front Brake Rotors and Calipers up gradation
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad