Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By shaheryar.khokhar
  • 1 Post By Maverickiz3d

Thread: Honda Civic 1995-1996 Dolphin Details required

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    paracha.ishaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda Civic 1995-1996 Dolphin Details required

    Salam to all,

    I am going to buy Civic dolphin in next couple of months before that I had a plan to buy Suzuki Margalla but I am increasing my budget and buying civic to get a better car.

    1) How is civic dolphin build quality if all on stock (stock engine carby which model it has in stock, stock suspension, ride comfort, braking )
    2) Average maintenance cost on per year (regular tuning , oil change , oil filter any other normal things)
    3) Spare parts availability in market and their price comparison with Margalla spare parts( I know margalla parts are cheaper but how much % diff there will be)
    4) Car road grip on 120+km assuming suspension and tyers are in good shape
    5) Any heating issue on stock engine with AC on
    6) Petrol and CNG Average on 1 lite or 1kg with and with out Ac on city and highway
    7) How many types of dolphin are there ex, exi and el what is the difference
    8) Engine swap options for future for EFI (no cutting or welding in body bolt on swap)
    9) High performance suspension swap options

    please see this pic and tell me what is the name of the rod which is connecting both shocks in the engine room and what is the purpose of it ?

    https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=charade+gtti&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ve d=0ahUKEwjl-5jJpaDPAhVGORQKHWLCDhIQ_AUICCgB&biw=1301&bih=620#i mgrc=CLnBvS_M8sYVDM%3A

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    shery_leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paracha.ishaq View Post
    Salam to all,

    I am going to buy Civic dolphin in next couple of months before that I had a plan to buy Suzuki Margalla but I am increasing my budget and buying civic to get a better car.

    1) How is civic dolphin build quality if all on stock (stock engine carby which model it has in stock, stock suspension, ride comfort, braking )
    2) Average maintenance cost on per year (regular tuning , oil change , oil filter any other normal things)
    3) Spare parts availability in market and their price comparison with Margalla spare parts( I know margalla parts are cheaper but how much % diff there will be)
    4) Car road grip on 120+km assuming suspension and tyers are in good shape
    5) Any heating issue on stock engine with AC on
    6) Petrol and CNG Average on 1 lite or 1kg with and with out Ac on city and highway
    7) How many types of dolphin are there ex, exi and el what is the difference
    8) Engine swap options for future for EFI (no cutting or welding in body bolt on swap)
    9) High performance suspension swap options

    please see this pic and tell me what is the name of the rod which is connecting both shocks in the engine room and what is the purpose of it ?

    https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=c...BvS_M8sYVDM%3A
    So you are a dolphin lover too great
    Where u from I mean which city
    I recently purchased a civic 95 dolphin
    Now the answer towards your queries

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using PW Forums mobile app
    I am Just Like a Mirror Reflecting The Images You Do

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    paracha.ishaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    from Karachi, at what price did you buy the civic

    I can not see your answers on the above post thanks.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    shery_leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paracha.ishaq View Post
    Salam to all,

    I am going to buy Civic dolphin in next couple of months before that I had a plan to buy Suzuki Margalla but I am increasing my budget and buying civic to get a better car.

    1) How is civic dolphin build quality if all on stock (stock engine carby which model it has in stock, stock suspension, ride comfort, braking )

    great quality comfortable drive
    either stock or after market

    2) Average maintenance cost on per year (regular tuning , oil change , oil filter any other normal things)

    bhai maintenance is normal only parts are expensive i just got my brake service and cng tunes and other small work in just 1200 rs and 600 was parts cost total 1800 (this is for reference )
    recently i changes my oil oil filter air filter that cost me 3000 rs including engine flush
    ab ap in cheezon say andaza laag saktay hoo


    3) Spare parts availability in market and their price comparison with Margalla spare parts( I know margalla parts are cheaper but how much % diff there will be)

    yes spare parts are easily available in market but just for an example i was searching a dash board lock for civic 95 that cost me 800 rs original piece while if it is a margala part i would get in in max 400 (don't know much prices about margala parts just an idea)


    4) Car road grip on 120+km assuming suspension and tyers are in good shape

    great road grip

    5) Any heating issue on stock engine with AC on

    it depends on the condition of the car like radiator fan and different circumstances

    6) Petrol and CNG Average on 1 lite or 1kg with and with out Ac on city and highway

    haven't calculated it yet so no idea about this

    7) How many types of dolphin are there ex, exi and el what is the difference
    8) Engine swap options for future for EFI (no cutting or welding in body bolt on swap)

    if your stock engine is in good condition i wont recommend you to swap your engine

    9) High performance suspension swap options

    available and can be done

    please see this pic and tell me what is the name of the rod which is connecting both shocks in the engine room and what is the purpose of it ?

    https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=c...BvS_M8sYVDM%3A

    for your last question ask maverickiz3d and you can also ask more questions from regarding this model as he also owns one and have very good knowledge over it
    if he sees your thread he will sure answer your quires
    I am Just Like a Mirror Reflecting The Images You Do

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    shery_leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paracha.ishaq View Post
    from Karachi, at what price did you buy the civic

    I can not see your answers on the above post thanks.
    bhai if you r from karachi
    then best of luck it took me 2 months + to search for a good dolphin
    zyada ter dolphin banye howe mili gee 80% kay engine change milay gain zydah ter nay tex pay nahi kia howa hoga 2 3 ya is say zydah saal ka open letter per milay ge gari mostly
    even jo log 340 say 380 ki demand kar rahay hongay jab ap jao *** us gari ki inspection kay liyay to you will experience

    there are 2 market where you can get the spare parts of this car easily
    no 1 plaza no 2 share sha
    I am Just Like a Mirror Reflecting The Images You Do

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    shery_leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paracha.ishaq View Post
    from Karachi, at what price did you buy the civic

    I can not see your answers on the above post thanks.
    answered
    I am Just Like a Mirror Reflecting The Images You Do

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    paracha.ishaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thank you very much for the detail answers.

    Please tell me the price on civic 95 in good to normal condition, and in how much did you buyed? and diff in 1300cc price vs 1500cc price
    ex or exi ?

    what is the stock engine of civic 95 ?

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    shaheryar.khokhar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,692
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hello,
    First of all Civic EG came from the year 1992-95, from 96 Civic EK took it over as a successor.

    -The build quality is brilliant and if you get hands on a Ferio (JDM variant), it'd be more fun and treat to drive as compared to the PKDM. Comfort level is so far so good, Suspension (Double wishbone) is well known allover the world, most of the suspension parts are interchangeable with EK/DC Chassis, you can get them from the Junkyard as well as brand new, everything is available like Bearings, Ball Joints, Shocks, Hubs, Bushings, Axles etc. Braking is good too and the JDM ones even came with 4 Wheel Disc setups and even PKDM ones can be upgraded.

    -Stock Carby is not bad at all but only if you find it in proper running condition which is hard now a days cuz its almost a two decade old platform but that's not going to be an issue cuz a lot of swap possibilities are there.

    -Parts and Maintenance per year? Well this totally depends upon the type of use-age and all. If a car is running on all eight, it wont require much of a maintenance apart from regular oil intervals, filters etc. A ruined car will require costly maintenance again n again. Parts are not cheap when compared to Suzuki Margalla. You can get Headlamps, Tails, Corner Lights easily and in a fair price too, but when it comes to such parts like Weather strips, Front Moldings, Hood, Fenders or Doors, they are expensive, but one can get brand new taiwan made body parts too in a fair price but they wont be that much reliable as compared to Oem parts. However, one can't easily find the optional rare goodies which were offered in this specific model.

    -Civic EG only came as Civic Ex in Pakistan, a lot of other variants are available for the rest of the world including SiR, EX, EL, VTi, RTSi, MX, I dont know!

    -Swapping the stock caby with an EFi is not an issue, very easy and friendly to work with. EFi D Series will be your best bet which is not going to require any changes apart from the wiring, even the stock gearbox (S20/40 i believe) will work flawless.

    -Aftermarket suspension i.e Coilovers, Strut bars and Sway bars are a very good upgrade but that must be at the end of your list, try to get the other things in working state first.

    EGs has got a lot of potential but it all depends how much you put in and in which way. All the best with your hunt.
    - Honda Civic ES, Build Thread. Link ---> http://goo.gl/3SocBg
    - Honda Civic EG - SiR-T F20B Build Thread. Link ---> http://goo.gl/5Y4W9m

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    shery_leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paracha.ishaq View Post
    Thank you very much for the detail answers.

    Please tell me the price on civic 95 in good to normal condition, and in how much did you buyed? and diff in 1300cc price vs 1500cc price
    ex or exi ?

    what is the stock engine of civic 95 ?
    what is your budget ?

    civic is starting from 360k to 480k but you can get a good car in 380 to 400k (sure u have to bargain for it)
    you will see some people who will be asking 500k +
    have u searched any car yet ?
    not much difference in price of 1300 to 1500 cc
    not much idea about stock engine d15b is the stock engine (other versions of this engine is also available in market)
    ex = powered el = non powered


    check out my thread
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...ar-honda-civic

    price inbox
    I am Just Like a Mirror Reflecting The Images You Do

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    shery_leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaheryar.khokhar View Post
    Hello,
    First of all Civic EG came from the year 1992-95, from 96 Civic EK took it over as a successor.

    -The build quality is brilliant and if you get hands on a Ferio (JDM variant), it'd be more fun and treat to drive as compared to the PKDM. Comfort level is so far so good, Suspension (Double wishbone) is well known allover the world, most of the suspension parts are interchangeable with EK/DC Chassis, you can get them from the Junkyard as well as brand new, everything is available like Bearings, Ball Joints, Shocks, Hubs, Bushings, Axles etc. Braking is good too and the JDM ones even came with 4 Wheel Disc setups and even PKDM ones can be upgraded.

    -Stock Carby is not bad at all but only if you find it in proper running condition which is hard now a days cuz its almost a two decade old platform but that's not going to be an issue cuz a lot of swap possibilities are there.

    -Parts and Maintenance per year? Well this totally depends upon the type of use-age and all. If a car is running on all eight, it wont require much of a maintenance apart from regular oil intervals, filters etc. A ruined car will require costly maintenance again n again. Parts are not cheap when compared to Suzuki Margalla. You can get Headlamps, Tails, Corner Lights easily and in a fair price too, but when it comes to such parts like Weather strips, Front Moldings, Hood, Fenders or Doors, they are expensive, but one can get brand new taiwan made body parts too in a fair price but they wont be that much reliable as compared to Oem parts. However, one can't easily find the optional rare goodies which were offered in this specific model.

    -Civic EG only came as Civic Ex in Pakistan, a lot of other variants are available for the rest of the world including SiR, EX, EL, VTi, RTSi, MX, I dont know!

    -Swapping the stock caby with an EFi is not an issue, very easy and friendly to work with. EFi D Series will be your best bet which is not going to require any changes apart from the wiring, even the stock gearbox (S20/40 i believe) will work flawless.

    -Aftermarket suspension i.e Coilovers, Strut bars and Sway bars are a very good upgrade but that must be at the end of your list, try to get the other things in working state first.

    EGs has got a lot of potential but it all depends how much you put in and in which way. All the best with your hunt.

    good reply bro
    I am Just Like a Mirror Reflecting The Images You Do

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maverickiz3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    552
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Most of the questions are answered

    Good luck in finding a neat car.

    As for the fuel average, it depends on the condition. CNG on full tank might give up to 120km (im a little rough on this). Petrol, depends on the carburetor condition. It used to give me 6km/ltr when I had the old carb engine. New one (D15B EFI) gives up to 10km/ltr.

    Its a great car to keep, and relatively not that expensive to maintain. But yes it will be more when compared to Margalla.

    I might even sell mine after a few months (bought it 5 years back i think), but i havent decided anything yet :p

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    bazal.nasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    18
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Build quality is absolutely Brilliant and you don't really feel puddles coz of bulky body(talkin about 2000 model)

    A/C is super cool if well done

    BUT Milage over Petrol is CRAAAAAAPPPP.......(at least on stock)
    I mean I have this 2000 model Orial Prosmetic and can't cross the 4km/l Barrier in City and 6-8km/l on Highway, even got this thing inspected by Honda and what they told me was another ****!
    They told me that I am getting more then what to expect from this model and this is absolutely fine to have such milage on this particular car.

    I mean why is this car soo successful if stock engine is a gold digger!

    If someone doesn't agree with me and knows what could be wrong, share your thoughts plz, i am already sick of this ride.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    paracha.ishaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Are they serious 4-6km in city wow, even my friends old land cruiser 2800cc gives 8km in city with very old engine


    So far I have noticed every thing is good about civic 95 over all nice car except for the mileage part, I guess which can be solve with engine swap option.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    bazal.nasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    18
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paracha.ishaq View Post
    Are they serious 4-6km in city wow, even my friends old land cruiser 2800cc gives 8km in city with very old engine


    So far I have noticed every thing is good about civic 95 over all nice car except for the mileage part, I guess which can be solve with engine swap option.
    Ya this is what "HONDA" told me.

    BTW 95 and 2000 civics are different if I am not wrong!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    paracha.ishaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys also tell me the options of efi engine for civic 95 (engine with good power and good mileage figures around 10km on ac and 12km without ac in city)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •