0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Decision to buy 7th generation civic

Hello everyone, I am thinking of buying a civic oriel prosmatic (2002 t0 2005 models) and my budget is 1 million. There are few concerns in my mind regarding my choice of car.

1) Will I be able to get a clean civic as it is about 12 years old. Well, there are mechanics and services like car-sure, but are they reliable?

2) What will be the maintenance cost? I am assuming that being an old car it'll give me issues on long drives and I'll have to visit mechanics every now and then.

3) Let's just assume that I got a clean civic what will be the fuel avg?

These are few concerns which are compelling me to change my choice of car and go for Japanese imported cars.

Regards,

Daniel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can surely get a good car in this budget.2001~2003 civic starts from 7 lac and goes upto 9lac 50 thousand depending upon the condition where as 2004~2006 starts from 8 lac upto 12 lac 50 thousand deprnding upon the condition and variant. However carsure is absolutely unreliable and does not give even fair idea about the condition of car. Take along ur own mech.peteol average is local around 10~12 kmpl and long 13~17 kmpl depending upon driving style n speed. I got 18.78 kmpl and 18.56 from isb to fsd motorway maintaining speed between 90~100 km/h.

Sent from my LG-F160 SKL using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you usama1 for your suggestion and information

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dani.uet12 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am thinking of buying a civic oriel prosmatic (2002 t0 2005 models) and my budget is 1 million. There are few concerns in my mind regarding my choice of car.

1) Will I be able to get a clean civic as it is about 12 years old. Well, there are mechanics and services like car-sure, but are they reliable?

2) What will be the maintenance cost? I am assuming that being an old car it'll give me issues on long drives and I'll have to visit mechanics every now and then.

3) Let's just assume that I got a clean civic what will be the fuel avg?

These are few concerns which are compelling me to change my choice of car and go for Japanese imported cars.

Regards,

Daniel
    1)Yes and yes
    2)If its a maintained vehicle with around 100k give or take on the odo, you wouldn't have to visit the mechanic other than regular timely maintaince
    3)if its an exi around 10-12 local, vti 8-10 local. This actually depends on driving conditions, manual or auto, usage and many other things.
    Just a word of advice, your first priority should be a trouble free car with low miles and great condition, colour, variant, model and these sort of things should be kept on the back end.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Following are my answers to your questions.
    1. in 1 million dont expect to get a scratch less car but yes you can get a good condition car. My suggestion go for 2006 or 2006 model. Don't go for any such services like carsure or other. Just take your mechanic with you to check the car mechanically and body wise. But yes you have to pay him for his services.
    2. Its pretty reliable car if one keeps it properly maintained. My advice would be to keep 50k at a side once you get one and then after getting the car, do maintenance as per your requirement. I have 2005 vti oriel and I did same and now its been more than a year and half since any major work done on it.
    3.Try getting a vti/vti oriel. I own one. in lahore it gives me 12kmpl and on highway 14kmpl. just dont listen to ppl who said exi gives more and vti is heavy or prosmatic is heavy on pocket. mine is prosmatic. Its just how one maintains their vehicle.

I pray you get a good car

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List