Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reborn Power Steering Oil Leakage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Reborn Power Steering Oil Leakage.

I have reborn 2007 manual transmission. I am facing issues of Steering oil leakage. I have changed the power pump but still facing the issue, mechanic said I may need to change whole steering assembly. But what i felt the oils is leaking from pipes near steering oil bottle. because the oil is below belts and pipes near bottle kind of wet/oily or in other words seepage. Some friends suggested me to change the steering with electronic steering of hybrid civic as local civic comp system have options to install it and I may get rid of this oil thing once forever because its Reborn birth issue. What you guys suggest? please suggest any good reliable mechanic in Islamabad who can do the job well without misleading/desi solutions.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer
    why don't you just replace the old pipes with new ones and check and yes there are several videos on youtube regarding this issue that can help you out
    I am Just Like a Mirror Reflecting The Images You Do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer
    This is a very common inherent feature of reborn, you were not supposed to change the pump in first instance, anyway, change the o-ring set in the plastic T on the pipe, worth Rs 200 and you are good to go, no one is going to tell you that, Reborn steering assembly is solid and doesnt leak easily.

Quote Originally Posted by a5ifejaz View Post
    I have reborn 2007 manual transmission. I am facing issues of Steering oil leakage. I have changed the power pump but still facing the issue, mechanic said I may need to change whole steering assembly. But what i felt the oils is leaking from pipes near steering oil bottle. because the oil is below belts and pipes near bottle kind of wet/oily or in other words seepage. Some friends suggested me to change the steering with electronic steering of hybrid civic as local civic comp system have options to install it and I may get rid of this oil thing once forever because its Reborn birth issue. What you guys suggest? please suggest any good reliable mechanic in Islamabad who can do the job well without misleading/desi solutions.
    AE 86

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer
    I will recommend u to change its whole system with EPS. Ap khuwaari sy bach jaingay, bcz I went through this problem with my reborn 2007, Thats why.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List