12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default WHEN SHOULD I CONVERT MY HONDA CIVIC 2006 TO CNG

Saw a honda civic 2006 new shape converted to cng.THE guy was a son of some property dealer and he was converting his car to cng only at 5000km.
    he told me that one of his uncles had done the same and was very happy with nthe cars responce.
    Should i convert to cng as well because it only costs rs 52000/- and the two people i have are happy with met so far in lahore who have converted are quite happy with it .
    BEST THINGS IN LIFE R NEVER FREE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Spectra eqquation is simple (though my maths is very poor)

Expensive car= expensive fuel

Economy sedan= economy fuel

Why saving has to come on running a car, not when deciding to buy one? (Personal choice is one thing, but not logical)
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These were my comments on gassing the Altis, valid also for Civic, because both are top of line local assembled cars in Pakistan.

You can drive your Altis on CNG (and in this case reborn Civic), but it would never give the driving pleasure for which you have bought an expensive 1.8 car.

Dear life is short so enjoy it. Saving is good for your economy, but it should not necessarily be your car to make this saving for you.

There are lot of other wasteful and unhealthy pursuits on which we spend blindly, but when it comes to petrol we lose heart.

Always fill a full tank, it really gives you max milage. Save yourself from a shoddy fuel and long queue and also your ride would stay as good as new for a long time.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well said autophile sir!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

is it possible to run ur car on petrol as well if the cng kit is installed n u want to enjoy the acceleration n power

if the cng is installed in civic reborn will it give same power n fun on petrol as compared to civic reborn without cng kit installed

and for how much cylinder get fill up
    n how many km will it give ?

n wht is the difference between normal cng kit n automatic cng kit i heard normal cng kit costs 30000
    n automatic cng kit costs 55000

thx
    experts answers are required
    vikee

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Kasaas

Dont do it bro.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dude i have 2006 honda city, i got it converted to cng after like 8000Kms but i feel it wasnt the right choice ...although its not giving me any trouble but i agree with most of the people here that car is designed to perform on petrol...specialy the car u have is really a previllage to own in pakistan...dont spoil it..
    Murphy's Law on Work......."A pat on the back is only a few centimeters from a kick in the pants"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Right now janab............. Convert it to a fuel that is affordable and so you can take out the car anywhere you want without thinking twice......
    Mostly people who appose cng are the ones who want to tell that they drive on petrol and it's a kind of status symbol now, but it makes no sense whatsoever........
    About performance....... do u have to race the car ? Man we can hardly switch to fourth gear in the kind of traffic we have, the only loss of performance with cng is somewhat slower pickup AS COMPARED TO PETROL but not less then what u would require.......About top speed.... the speed on which we can drive in city is 65 or 80 and 120 on highway right? Now who says that a car which can reach these speeds on petrol cannot do it on cng??????
    What's the purpose of having a car when u have to think about the travelling expense all the time?????
    And about luxury... huh...... man corollas and civics are nothing extra ordinary....... infact hardly any special..... these are no lexus that one should be thining about kyaa itna achi gari aur fuel cost save karon ...... it's a joke .....
    Get cng and get moving......... enjoy the ride by using it for the purpose u bought it ..... it's not a showpiece so that it should be parked most of the time with "petrol" in the tank lol.........
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well it depends how much you love your car? make acomparison on how much you will save per annum and how much stress you put on your car, plus hassle of ques. whatever you decide go ahaed with it as its your life, i have no hatred for cng and but I drive my car on petrol , not for any other reason but acceleration and longer engine life.
    To all the extreme drivers, please come offroad like ME to keep others safe on the roads.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List