Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic VTi and Exi - the real difference

Dear ALL:
    I am looking for some serious comments on Vti and Exi comparison especially keeping the price/performance or cost/benefit.

Please ignore the fact which is better performance converter, fit for race...

The Honda specification says both have similar engine type. Steering, dimension and suspension

How much VTec really improve fuel efficiency? Any millage comparison of exi and vti?

How much ABS effects normal city driving or highway driving as compared to ordinary Disc brakes?

the minor difereces are (or big if you think so then please tell how)in RPm, torque, and displacement

I will appreciate the comments from people who have experienced both cars for normal Driving

And one more thing: if someone has any idea about the market segmentation as done for these two models? Probably these two products are targeted to diferent audiance but with such a little difference?

Thanks
    soa sunhar ki, aik lohar ki!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well my friends vti does 18km/litre. its 2000 oriel. his car is always tuned.
    Amazing things happen when you turbocharge a TOYOTA!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

actually the Vti was designed to minimize the Emissions through eficient burning and reduce the Engine noise as less as possible. This was structured by the US Laws as japanese vehicles were hunting their market and the cars required to run on higher Rpm,s as are the conditions in US...long stretches and to keep up with strong V8 cars...( now here they cant let few small cars making others go slow on motorways and highways)...as a result honda produced Vti engine technology (it was in cadillacs since 1970,s) called hydraulic valve lifters. Honda got the market due to passing all the conditions and the Engine is the Quitest avalable nowadays...Even 1995 honda civic in States has a Vti TwinCam engine .

there is no diference in consumption as both are using the same technology and the engine block is same too...only head is different . So if you are talking about consumption then there is no way these two can be compared ..you wont believe me but Exi,s prouce more torque at certain levels than Vti,s.

Therefore you can go for Exi...if you want too...no Big Deal
    AE 86

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice info yar......!!!!!
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The real differance, 15" Alloys
    ABS
    VTI=1.6
    EXI 1.5
    VTI better economy, more HP
    Oriel and UG options only in vti

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!
    Vti And exi...hmm the interesting topic...so i say that
    Vti engine is equipped with Vtec thats the majot thing.....2ndly i think it has ABS but in my opinion no need in our roads like pakistan where no need of ABS bcz u don't speed on these roads reason u all known...the Chassis is same as exi has smaller dia tyres which look quiet bad...whereas Vti has i think 14" or 15" look balanced a/c to chassis.....exi is 1500cc as they have this difference bcz they want to show the difference.....conclusion is that there is a diiference in both cars....but if u want a new car of Honda not have interest in these kinds so exi is best.....but the u see a difference in avg....
    Thanxx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well,

VTEC, thats the basic difference between EXI and VTI, just ride both cars and u will understand

ABS, its an extremely requires tool for stoping the car, brake an ABS and non ABS equipped car and during braking turn both cars and once again u'll feel it

15" Alloys, vti has 15" alloys standard,,,larger the rim size lesser u get jolts from ground

VTI has better economy, proved by honda

Option like UG and Oriel are only availbe in vti, so really hard time for exi to match

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

abs in my honda sucks,all my other friends who have vti`s with abs think the same! i wish i didnt have abs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are buying the car to get you from point A to point B, then Exi will do just fine. If you want to get from point A to point B and do it quicker, get a VTI

ABS decreases stopping distance, its a safety feature, you can steer while you stomp on the brakes.So, not sure what people mean when they say ABS sucks? Anyone try to compare the stopping distance on ABS vs non ABS Civic?
    CAUTION: DSC OFF!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Abs Do sucks in new HOnda....i have gotta 2.0 Gli Corona 1996 with Abs and it doesnt even feels like it has a ABS although i can see the units and the fuses but i still cant figure out for a month that whether it has Abs or Not...and it has Rear Drum Brakes ...

Civic has 4 Discs but its problem lies with Abs being not powerful enuff to stop it at high speeds and with load...i experienced the worst of it on motorway in ma friends car...the car started to vibrate and loosed all the grip...it Sux man....i dont know wats the reason but ma Toyotas working fine and it has a better stoping distance than a Civic
    AE 86

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kkool you might wanna re-think buoyo!

ABS stands for Anti-Lock Braking System. it's a four channel system and works on all the four wheels. ABS prevents wheel lock-up on wet surfaces, during hard braking and assists in panic situations, enables driver to safely steer out of harms way! ...It's your mind that sucks, and not the ABS! abs monitors Tyre pressure at all wheels, speed, wheel spin and vehicle load and acts accordingly. i've been driving VTI-ORiel Pros for past two years and it's ABS works like a gem. go back to nursery kkool and all those dumb whackos.

VTI
    ---

1.6ltr 16v VTEC engine.
    Anti Lock Braking System
    Brake Assist System
    Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
    REtractable door mirrors
    tilt/slide power moonroof
    dual map lights
    slightly better fuel economy than EXI!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one more thing! i have my civic all means tested by myself, and i find it to be perfect. i've tried distance and time taken for my vti-oriel pros to stop from 80-0kmph. And believe me it's excellent. it took her exactly 4seconds to come to a complete halt and a distance alot less than 100meters. ride with me i'll prove it to ya'all!!!

FOr Civic EXI, i think people who've just got brand loyalty and anot the extra features and amneties exi is the best, in th price range it offers. But VTI ROCks my friends.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Q: How much VTec really improve fuel efficiency?
    A: Variable Valve Timing Ignition makes better mileage in standard driving mode i.e. 80km/h but if ur hard on pressing paddle (a norm driving trend in Pak) then VVTi is as bad as any other fuel sucker. (for further info Paki VTi is not VVTi and VTech means V shape placement of cylinders for better output not fuel efficiency)
    Q: Any millage comparison of exi and vti?
    A: Not done officially but EXi and VTi have not much of a difference EXi=9-12 km while VTi=11-14 depending on driving conditions and EFi adjustment
    Q: How much ABS effects normal city driving or highway driving as compared to ordinary Disc brakes?
    A: Anti Braking System (ABS) is best on highways and rainy, snowy conditions but in cities of Pak if ur a little hard on ABS u'll get hit by a motorbike or urban van or bus and rickshaws (beleive me i got hit by all of em while checking my cars' ABS)
    but it is a very safe and good option.
    Dolls r Born to be MILD

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mr Sherdil82

your car could be an exception ... and by the way who gave you rite to judge whose mind SUcks or whoz not ???? i thnk its your mind that sux coz you implying that to others.....you innocent creature

You must be having an IQ in two digits...try yo improve it if its not inherited .........retarded piece of Junk
    AE 86

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting Posts!

Few more observations for your expert comments:

mileage: best fuel consumption is subject to conditions like driving between 60-90KM/H which is normal city driving limit. 15” looks cool but in theory “You get decreased mileage due to the greater wind resistance from the greater wheel width and greater acceleration resistance from the greater weight.”

ABS: which car is more heavier? Exi or Vti or both are same?
    “the heavier your vehicle is, the longer it will take to stop. ABS does not make much of a difference on dry pavement but do provide more stability when applying brakes in emergency situations. ABS cannot, however, change the laws of physics. A combination of excessive speed, sharp turns and slamming brakes can still throw an ABS-equipped vehicle into a sideways skid”
    “From early commercials, it may have looked like you could stop on a dime. That instantaneous stop is not realistic. When braking on dry or wet roads your stopping distance will be about the same as with conventional brakes.”

BTW for people ABS not working properly or one manufacture has better ABS than other please read..

…Of course, in order to get the most out of ABS in emergency braking situations, you have to know how to use it. And really, it couldn't be easier; you just stomp on the pedal. Some drivers are inclined to ease up on the brake pedal when they feel the vibration (and hear the noise) of the ABS doing its work, but it's important to maintain constant, controlled pressure. Aware that people often don't supply enough braking pressure, many manufacturers now supplement their antilock systems with "brake assist," which senses panic braking situations and automatically provides full power braking to shorten the stopping distance…..”

another extract from an article which supplements Mr.BornToRide:

“…However, cars with anti-lock brakes are up to 65% more likely to be in fatal crashes than cars without them, says a new US study. It appears that the problem isn't with the technology, it's poor driving habits and lack of driver awareness on how the brakes operate. Driver who rely on technology instead of better driving habits to improve safety are driving down a dangerous road…”

and KKoool” you wont believe me but Exi,s prouce more torque at certain levels than Vti,s.”

did you experience with 14” stock or else?. I feel something to believe in this statement

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yo Kkool!!! shut the **** up!!! cut the trash talk you silly noob!!!! You wanna talk about inheritence?? okay! it's you who inherited a 1982 suzuki fx for which you can't even afford it's petrol, and then you bragg abt civics and corollas!! civic mein baitha hai yah phir showroom ja kar display pe dekh kar khush hota rehta hai!!! aukat mein reh samjhay!!!! Hey Punk ***!!! and for your notice i've recently completed my BBA(hons) from Lahore School of Economics with a
    a gpa of 3.5/4.0!!! so mind your own business you kindergarten DROP OUT!!!!

YOU GASSBAG!!!!!! saale sarakchaap!!!! KKool!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aur aik baat KKool!! apne ghar k store se apni purani sohrab cycle nikaal, saaf kar panchar lagwa aur usay chalana shuru karde aur gariyon k khwab dekhna chorde!!!!

What did u call me?? a retarted piece of junk, hmm??? we'll my friend it's you who is a half eaten rotten apple with worms in it in a trash can near gawalmandi!!!!! and hold your tongue!!

Ayenda baqwas matt karna, SAMJHE!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

again it was interesting to note the mileage from honda.com site

although the figures are for 1668CC but i looked for 16-Valve SOHC versus 16-Volve-SOHC-VTEC

city mileage was same and non vtec has one number advantage on highay over VTEC for manual!

for automatic VTEC has 2 numbers better mileage than non -VTEC but same on highway.

From safety point of view:
    Airbag is available in all models but ABS was part of high price models suggesting that airbag importance over ABS.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well its interesting to note that ...... as sprinter wrote that ABS is part of the high priced models whereas AIRBAG is provided in all the base models ....... which suggests that AIRBAG is more important safety feature as compared to ABS.......and corolla provides AIRBAG.......read this fact CIVIC LOVERZZ.....

cheerzzzzzz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!
    borntoride u say that:
    "Variable Valve Timing Ignition makes better mileage in standard driving mode i.e. 80km/h but if ur hard on pressing paddle (a norm driving trend in Pak) then VVTi is as bad as any other fuel sucker. (for further info Paki VTi is not VVTi and VTech means V shape placement of cylinders for better output not fuel efficiency"
    so i think Honda has got Vtec in its engine Not VVT-i..yaar VVT-i is a tech of Toyota Not Honda...Honda Has vtec and yaar VTEC don't means that cylinder are placed in V shape..they are actually called "V" engines like "V6"
    Vtec means "Variable Valve Timing and Lift electronic Control" which is made for better performance and Milage...
    V engines are different and Vtec is a tech by honda....And VVT-i is of Toyota engines...not talking about them..bcz they are not available in Indus made toyota's....
    Thanxxx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List