18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default why my car smokes?

i ve gota civic 97 vti.the engine seems to be in very good condition no noise or performance problem good pick and evry thing.but i have one problem. a jet of smoke comes out of the exhaust.wheen i race the engine.cng is also fitted is this due to the cng.or the car just needs simple tunning.i have aslo uploded the video it will come soon.plz tell i am very much worried.how much will the honda people will charge me for the tunning.i have recntly changed the engine oil.does the engine require washing.pzl tell

Click here to go to the SOLUTION

Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is a drop in performance but just not noticable yet. You will notice when your car turns into a James bond rear smokin' car, Then you will notice irregular idle and stalling of the engine.

AH
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmm..
    complete overhaul wil cost u around 20k.....
    but 1st get it checked from some1 if ur car is giving back pressure.... or "BLOW" as we say in pak....
    for this... start ur engine... n rev it upto 4ooo rpm n den see it dere is ne air cummin outside the engine thru the engine oil cap?? repeat dis test wid the lid of oil cap removed... ..
    if dere is air escapin thru the oil cap... den u myt have to go for a complete engine overhaul..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well the piston rings have worn out. but u will not only change the rings. once the engine is opened the mechanic shud everything if there r some other problems coz u know an engine is not easy to open again n again. so get everything fixed inside.
    Amazing things happen when you turbocharge a TOYOTA!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!
    as i thin about piston rings and tell u was right...this indicates about worn piston rings...so u need and overhaul...as my friend said that all things must be change so he is right....just see how much oil engine is drinking per month and is that effect CNG fuel milage...if yes so get earlier overhaul and if not so get ur time and then overhaul it bcz u have to change all...wheather its less worm out or highly...it must be changed...so just relax and if u have np just run and find ur time...maybe in winters overhaul must be a good idea bcz newly build engine won't overheat in winter thats y its initial running must be good........
    Thanxx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My car was giving the same problem.. I got its rings changed and it was fine but after about 7,000 km it has again atarted emitting smoke for about 10-20 seconds after it is started ... however I know that the problem will get worst as the time will pass and I shall have to get complete overhaul.. so as someone has already advised it would be better to get everything changed as opening up the engine is not easy... Though I don't remember the exact cost but it was somewhere b/w 1500-2000 Rs. including the labour.. (mine is Khyber not Civic so it will probably cost u much more)and I only got the rings changed ... now I shall have to get it overhauled in next 5-6 months ... so it would be better to get ur car overhauled once u decide to get its engine opened... this way u'll be free for next 3-4 yrs... and yes do it in winter ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes your engine needs overhaul....rings will not be very effective as someone was telling me that rings concept is not good for CNG cars..I did overhauling of my mehran yesterday...make sure you spot a good PETROL mechanic and then an Excellent KHIRAD WALA...latter will GRIND your cylinder BORE,so that BIGGER PISTONS (O50) can be fitted into it perfectly....Rings can be a solution only when your cylinder bore is not CUT,means its not weared off...If its weared of then RINGS are not the solution,You have to "BORE" ur car's engine...Dont be afraid...Its all ROUTINE especially after CNG...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

try 2 change d make of d oil.chek d level of d oil.Does ur car get ova heated???wats d mileage of ur car???hondas engine dnt die that easily but CNG might av been somethin 2 do wiv it???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there r many possiblities of white smoke .... maybe ur engine needz overall or maybe just carbator setting there is butterfly in (carbator) but i guess u may just check it out 1st ...... than take any step .... if u r in khi u may contact 0333-2321325 i gotta workshop near mr-burger gulshan... where we got mechanic, denter ,painter and all kind of alteration (body-kit) we do thnks ... Allah hafiz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rings wont last long with AC and CNG. I recommend u should go for complete engine overhaul, Rings + pistons. Buy the parts from honda showroom. Grab a good mechanic for overhaul.Honda pit(****) stops in pindi/islamabad alteast are pathetic.
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just call the company they give the prices over the phone. For example for ur model the head gasket is for Rup 3000, the radiator is for 8000, thermostat valve is for 1450, radiator cap is for 700 approx,air filter for Rup 600....etc etc...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why u people are talking about over haul.the car does not give white smoke.i have never opened the carborator since i bought it.i think all the fault i sdue to the carborator.bcoz the car dos not over heat.even on long journeys isb to lahore non stop.so why the over haul.there are no other signs only grey smoke on hi rpm and that is some times.
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here i have posted the of honda workshops in FAISALABAD

Jehangir Motor Garage
    Jaranwala Road,
    Faisalabad.
    Tel: (041) 710616, 541097
    G.M. Autos
    21/1 Jail Road,
    Civil Lines, Faisalabad.
    Tel: (041) 641925, 0300-6636733
    why do u want to change your carz piston rings i have read your post.i say that you first of all check your carborator then change your engine oil brand go for more thicker one.castrol or caltex one dont go for helix its not good for the ngine especially with cng.there is no hurry to go for a overhaul.if the seals and rings are effected only change them.there is no nedd of over haul.as u mentioned in your post that your car does not over heat at all.so why will u go for a over haul.thats a good point.your engine might need need some cleanig and caroborator tunning thats all.dont go fot overhaul.your car is 1997 not a 1977.keep that in mind before a over haul.i am totally against the over haul.does any body agree with me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar first of all,your vti does not have a carb.Its an EFI,for god sakes...The fuel/air mixture and running have to be adjusted electronically through computer.They bluish smoke your car is giving is due to oil burning up with fuel.And i have seen weaker engine having higher pick up's then stock normal condition cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i went to honda dealership/service center today. I checked the prices,overhaul will almost cost, 20,000. The labour charges Honda takes for complete overhaul are 6000.So the total amount should be 25,000 plus for overhaul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List